ADVERTISEMENT

6 California Teams Now in Maxpreps National Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised to see Oaks ahead of Folsom. I've seen them play. Very good team, but I'd expect Folsom to win by several scores if they played.

They do have a common opponent in Chaminade -- who Folsom handled much more decisively about 3 weeks after the Lions beat 'em.

It would suck if they found a way to get md,sjb and centennial into the state bowl games.

I'm actually surprised to see Oaks ahead of Folsom. I've seen them play. Very good team, but I'd expect Folsom to win by several scores if they played.
I agree with you. Folsom is 2-3 scores, if not more, better than Oaks.

I think Folsom vs. Oaks would be a good game. Remember that Folsom will only play one good team in the regular season, DLS, and we know what happened there. It will be interesting if it is Oaks that Folsom plays in the state bowl game, and they have to again face a good team.

Please, no one say Chaminade was a good team; they are 2-5.

Oaks will play in the royal rumble in the Southern Section and will not beat MD or Bosco, therefore being eliminated for any type of bowls.

Based on how things are playing out in the South, they are likely to send a team like Upland or Calabasas to the slaughterhouse. So sad. A game against Bosco or Cen10 would be amazing!

Could you imagine a double header:
DLS vs. MD
Folsom vs. Bosco or Cen10

I agree with what Thunder said in that I don't think Oaks would present a big challenge for Folsom, based on common opponents, good or not. Folsom could have scored 120 on on Chaminade, where Oaks struggled to get 31 points the entire game.

Based on the rhetoric of other SFL coaches (which likely represent the sediment of many) there aren't many teams in CA that would willingly want to play Folsom this year.

In the compilation of national polls, there are 7 CA teams in top 25 and Folsom is 8th at #32

Maxpreps is always a bit biased for SJS teams (being HQ’d in Folsom)

1. MD
2. SJB
7. CC
10. DLS
18 JSerra
19 Mission Visio
22 Oaks Christian
32 Folsom

Reactions: aztecpadre
Agree not many teams would want to play Folsom this year. Conversly, Folsom would not want to play MD, SJB, or Centennial Corona, nor play DLS again, since those would all be losses for Folsom.
I doubt DLS is looking forward to playing MD or SJB, what they are doing bringing players in is like nothing that has been done before, its dumb. Centennial Corona vs DLS or Folsom would make a great game. I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. I think Folsom has done something that hasn't been done in a long time. Top 10 state and Top 25 in the country! with a shutout loss *not a forfeit. Has that been done before?

Reactions: aztecpadre
I doubt DLS is looking forward to playing MD or SJB
It will be MD. And I agree with you in regards to the outlook.

Centennial Corona vs DLS or Folsom would make a great game
As crazy as it sounds, I don't believe Cen10 has lived up to the hype this year. I think Folsom wins that game. Just my 2 cents. But we will never know. SoCal will hide the top 10 schools outside of MD, but still yell from a mountain top that Norcal plays nobody! All from they're couch at home.

Top 10 state and Top 25 in the country! with a shutout loss *not a forfeit. Has that been done before?
Context. Week 0, on the road. Doesn't discount how good a team is. People who have seen Folsom (to include DLS fans) know how good Folsom is this year, even if they won't admit it. If I was a DLS fan, I would keep it to myself too. No shame in that.

Alabama managed to make it to the top 4 playoff in 2015, with a HOME LOSS to Ole Miss, and win the national title.

No exactly unprecedented.

As crazy as it sounds, I don't believe Cen10 has lived up to the hype this year. I think Folsom wins that game. Just my 2 cents. But we will never know. SoCal will hide the top 10 schools outside of MD, but still yell from a mountain top that Norcal plays nobody! All from they're couch at home.

Context. Week 0, on the road. Doesn't discount how good a team is. People who have seen Folsom (to include DLS fans) know how good Folsom is this year, even if they won't admit it. If I was a DLS fan, I would keep it to myself too. No shame in that.

Alabama managed to make it to the top 4 playoff in 2015, with a HOME LOSS to Ole Miss, and win the national title.

So cen10 hasn’t lived up to the hype? They are ranked top 10 nationally I think they’re #6. They’d walk through folsom schedule and for sure would score more than 0 points against dls. you could say it was week 0 but folsom has all their starters returning and dls was actually breaking in new offensive players so you could even say week 0 game helped out folsom more than dls. Cen10 is everything folsom wants to be a elite public school but they play nationally ranked teams not a bunch of local public schools then schedule a good team the second they believe they have a special team they play good opponents every year and they play by the same rules as Folsom. They’d beaten dls a couple times something folsom cannot claim. Folsom is impressive but I don’t see a top25 team nationally when I see them. They struggle with teams that can play man

They do have a common opponent in Chaminade -- who Folsom handled much more decisively about 3 weeks after the Lions beat 'em.

...I agree with what Thunder said in that I don't think Oaks would present a big challenge for Folsom, based on common opponents, good or not. Folsom could have scored 120 on on Chaminade, where Oaks struggled to get 31 points the entire game...

I hate taking the “common opponent” comparison as some sort of conclusion. It rarely holds any truth. Try this on for size when comparing Oaks.

Oaks def Chaminade 31-13
Alemany def Chaminade 31-14

Pretty even right against a common opponent, right? Should be a close game right?

Then please explain...

Oaks def Alemany 56-14

Not saying Folsom isn’t better than Oaks, but I need more than ‘a comparison score’ to be convinced.

I hate taking the “common opponent” comparison as some sort of conclusion. It rarely holds any truth. Try this on for size when comparing Oaks.

Oaks def Chaminade 31-13

Pretty even right against a common opponent, right? Should be a close game right?

Then please explain...

Oaks def Alemany 56-14

Not saying Folsom isn’t better than Oaks, but I need more than ‘a comparison score’ to be convinced.

HAHA. I'm usually the one saying the same thing you are. Score comparisons are totally unreliable and, for the most part, completely useless.

That's why I didn't even mention the scores. I was more referring to the ease in which Folsom toyed with Chaminade, which Oaks didn't really do.

All things considered, IDK how anybody could realistically rank OC ahead of Folsom even w/o the Chaminade game. OC certainly has some nice talent, specifically one player, but not near the collection Folsom has IMO.

Chaminade is 2-5 now.

Reactions: Golfpilot

I don't think anyone would argue Folsom is a really good team. And nobody should argue they are appropriately ranked. I just don't recall ever seeing a highly ranked team with a shutout loss. Just a fun fact.

Anyone saying they should jump DLS, who beat them Head-head, is crazy talk. DLS had a few close games against multiple tough opponents in a row. Folsom's marquee win was against a 2-5 team, 3 of those losses were blowouts. DLS has 3 wins against teams better than Folsom's best win. As far as rankings are concerned, go to the end of the season, both teams will have 1 loss. Folsom will have lost to ~#10 with a 14 point difference and DLS will have lost to #1 with a 28+ point difference. Folsom will remain behind DLS unless DLS loses before the SBG

A San Diego team will not be in the 1AA game this year.

It will likely be a team like Calabasas or Upland. Which is a shame, because as fans, we deserve a much better game for a state bowl game still considered top tier.

Folsom toyed with Chaminade at a level Oaks couldn’t.
I agree. Oaks struggled to get 30 the entire game, while Folsom nearly had 60 at half and pulled starters.

Oaks wouldn't be a good game, plus they won't go to the D1AA game this year anyways because of the bracketing.

Give us Cen10!

I don't think anyone would argue Folsom is a really good team. And nobody should argue they are appropriately ranked. I just don't recall ever seeing a highly ranked team with a shutout loss. Just a fun fact.

Anyone saying they should jump DLS, who beat them Head-head, is crazy talk.

You really need to get over the shut out thing, Golf. Other than being a nice feat for DLS, it means nothing. Folsom easily could have lost 14-7 or 28-14. And it wouldn’t make them any better (or less) of a great team.

Anybody that watched that game knows that Folsom’s offense was far from stymied. They moved the ball but just made key mental mistakes at the worst times. And DLS’s defense also happens to be really, really good. Central Catholic managed to score on DLS’s first unit. Would anybody take CC to beat Folsom? Not unless they’re clueless.

I don’t recall seeing a bigger deal made of a shutout all while knowing the game circumstances and how close it really was. Just another fun fact.

Lastly, you’re completely spot on about the ridiculousness of thinking or suggesting that Folsom be ranked higher or get Open over DLS. That’s precisely why they played that game in August. And DLS won. Unless they play again to prove otherwise (which isn’t going to happen) there’s nothing to talk about on that front. DLS > Folsom.

Having said all that, who is making all this crazy talk? Because I surely haven’t seen it. If it’s happening, it must be from one of a dozen usernames I’ve ignored. Everyone around these parts should know by now not to take that person seriously.

Oaks def Chaminade 31-13

Then please explain...

Oaks def Alemany 56-14

Not a fan of daisy chains myself. Great post brother.

Then they should gladly petition or figure out a way to play Folsom in the D1AA game when they lose this year in the playoffs.

Folsom would beat Cen10. Prove me wrong.

When someone makes a statement/claim it’s their responsibility to prove that statement/ claim not the other way around.This is basic.

When someone makes a statement/claim it’s their responsibility to prove that statement/ claim not the other way around.This is basic.
They have zero chance to go to the open. Put them into the D1AA and we can see who is proved right or wrong. Too easy.

It is zero. Let's be honest.

So why not send them to play Folsom instead of sending them home?

Look man SoCal doesn’t make section winners stay home because a better team stomped their feet and yelled no fair

Folsom would beat Cen10. Prove me wrong. That is an interesting statement by cashisking18 or whatever his new handle is.

it is actually up to Folsom fans to show their team could play with CC, SJB, or MD, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT