ADVERTISEMENT

NCS maxpreps ratings going into finals

winetot

Sports Fanatic
Nov 13, 2012
It will be interesting to see what is made out of this. There are 13 teams still playing. Here is the top 24 according to Maxpreps. I think there is an at large and highest seed that did not qualify is Berkeley(I think).

1. Salesian *
2. Branson *
3. DLS *
4. SRV *
5. Granada
6. University *
7. Montgomery *
8. Dublin *
9. Bishop O'Dowd
10. Liberty
11. Justin-Siena *
12. Berkeley *
13. Ygnacio Valley
14. Clayton Valley Charter
15. Dougherty Valley *
16. Moreau Catholic
17. Benicia *
18. Piedmont *
19. Head Royce *
20. St. Pat's
21. Archie Williams
22. Urban
23. Miramonte
24. McKinleyville

How close will this be on Sunday????

* teams still playing

Last edited:
Stuart Hall at no 26 and won’t make CIF

No 2 ranked D5 team in state.

CIF needs to do something, so that a whole seasons worth of work isn’t flushed down the drain by one bad game, where the referees made some of the most egregious calls I have ever seen.

Just ain’t right…..

It will be interesting to see what is made out of this. There are 13 teams still playing. Here is the top 24 according to Maxpreps. I think there is an at large and highest seed that did not qualify is Berkeley(I think).

1. Salesian *
2. Branson *
3. DLS *
4. SRV *
5. Granada
6. University *
7. Montgomery *
8. Dublin *
9. Bishop O'Dowd
10. Liberty
11. Justin-Siena *
12. Berkeley *
13. Ygnacio Valley
14. Clayton Valley Charter
15. Dougherty Valley *
16. Moreau Catholic
17. Benicia *
18. Piedmont *
19. Head Royce *
20. St. Pat's
21. Archie Williams
22. Urban
23. Miramonte
24. McKinleyville

How close will this be on Sunday????

* teams still playing
Will be intersting to see how close they come to this. I do think all six Open teams will be in the top six spots. and then a team like Dougherty Valley will likely be higher win or lose against Dublin

CIF needs to do something, so that a whole seasons worth of work isn’t flushed down the drain by one bad game, where the referees made some of the most egregious calls I have ever seen.

Just ain’t right…..
In most states its lose in the playoffs and your season is over. Only in California and perhaps in a few others I’m not aware of, do some teams get to move on after losing in the playoffs.

Reactions: bella123
How many teams are taken from each section for Norclas? I know in CCS all Open teams advance and then just the winner and runner-up of Division 1 -5 advance to Norcals.

NCS?
SJS? Does Rocklin advance?
Central section? Does Clovis West Advance?

In most states its lose in the playoffs and your season is over. Only in California and perhaps in a few others I’m not aware of, do some teams get to move on after losing in the playoffs.
Its pretty silly to be honest. When I played you had to make the NCS finals to advance to norcals. I like that. Weeds out the ridiculous early round games Norcal now. Competition should get progressively better. Not the opposite.

Just ain’t right…..
or just win when you are supposed to...

or just win when you are supposed to...

Tell that to the Ponderosa team that went 28-0 or whatever it was a couple years back, and they lost one game and didn’t make CIF, even though they were 28-1.

It’s unfortunate that being ranked top in your state Division all year, and you end up not making it because of one poor game.

Sorry but then why even play the early games? What’s the point?

How many teams are taken from each section for Norclas? I know in CCS all Open teams advance and then just the winner and runner-up of Division 1 -5 advance to Norcals.

NCS?
SJS? Does Rocklin advance?
Central section? Does Clovis West Advance?
Yes Rocklin will advance. The final 4 in each Division from SJS advance

Tell that to the Ponderosa team that went 28-0 or whatever it was a couple years back, and they lost one game and didn’t make CIF, even though they were 28-1.

It’s unfortunate that being ranked top in your state Division all year, and you end up not making it because of one poor game.

gotta win them when they count.

Solely off of max preps rankings place em where you see fit including not included. Some autos missing. Good to have this list to start off with. Who will fill the open and div 1?

1 Salesian
2 Riordan
3 St Joseph
4 Mitty
5 Clovis North
6 Branson
7 De La Salle
8 SRV
9 Clovis West
10 St Ignatius
11 Modesto Christian
12 Granada
13 University
14 Montgomery
15 Rocklin
16 Lincoln Stockton,Ca
17 Vanden
18 Monterey trail
19 Dublin
20 Serra
21 Inderkum
22 Jesuit
23 Bishop O’Dowd
24 Capital Christian

25-40

Sheldon
Liberty
Monte Vista Danville,Ca
* Justin Sienna
Berkeley
* Ygnacio Valley
Oak Tech
Card Newman
Campolindo
* Clayton Valley
Clovis East
* Sacramento
Weston Ranch
* Dougherty Valley
Oakland
Franklin

Last edited:
Of those, Weston Ranch, Monterey Trail, Sheldon, and Franklin did not reach SJS semi’s, so they would need an at-large bid. Weston Ranch & Monterey Trail may get AL, but I don’t see Sheldon or Franklin getting in.

To get better so when the end of the season comes and the games mean something, you can actually win them. Nobody remembers or cares about some tournament titles in December.

Its pretty silly to be honest. When I played you had to make the NCS finals to advance to norcals. I like that. Weeds out the ridiculous early round games Norcal now. Competition should get progressively better. Not the opposite.
population doubled since those glory days.

Of those, Weston Ranch, Monterey Trail, Sheldon, and Franklin did not reach SJS semi’s, so they would need an at-large bid. Weston Ranch & Monterey Trail may get AL, but I don’t see Sheldon or Franklin getting in.
SJS takes final 4 from each division and only 1 at large based on Rankings. In this year’s scenario, I’m pretty sure only MT gets the nod, Franklin, Sheldon, and Ranch’s season is over.

Reactions: ESPN Ken
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT