ADVERTISEMENT

A Game That Will Not be Played

Well, perhaps they’re being quiet about it is because they know it’s not possible and don’t want to waste their time on the topic.
Well I was referring more to possible matchups in NorCal, even if it is for the D1 bid

Agree. All those fans of teams who bragged about DLS losing to St Francis are cometary quiet about the prospect of having to face DLS themselves in a playoff matchup. Not speaking about NCS teams, as they are all too familiar.
Frankly NCS was complicit in this BS as well, they more than welcomed the loser advances charade.

Frankly NCS was complicit in this BS as well, they more than welcomed the loser advances charade.
I'm referring to them having to play DLS in section playoffs regardless . Other teams in other sections possibly could face DLS in NorCals ( provided they win out). It's a certainty for NCS teams that advance in section

I'm referring to them having to play DLS in section playoffs regardless . Other teams in other sections possibly could face DLS in NorCals ( provided they win out). It's a certainty for NCS teams that advance in section
True, but if you get to advance with a loss who really cares? It’s frankly a win win situation.

Folsom will not get through Rocklin if they even get past Jesuit. Tremain is an average QB with some speed, not a game winner.

Folsom is better for sure with Tyler but I still like rocklin to win. And if rocklin qb was healthy they would be 3+ TD favorite. Rocklin can match athletes and is way more physical. I don’t see Folsom winning the line.

Reactions: RidgeRider
True, but if you get to advance with a loss who really cares? It’s frankly a win win situation.
I'm sure NCS will discontinue that after this year. At least, it should. Don't know why they even started up with this

A few years ago the CCS had a runner up ( loser) and section champ both advance to the regionals. In that year Serra was the section champ and Saint Francis was the runner up. Both of them won their regional games and then both of them went on to win their State Championship games.

The point was to advance the CCS’s best teams. I did not like the rule. Losers should never get to continue playing.

Then the CCS commissioner had another crazy scheme which I can’t quite remember. Maybe someone else can. I think it had to do with having teams playing an additional play in game. But the commissioner wanted to do a trial of such games even though the game meant absolutely nothing since it was trial run. Serra’s coach Walsh refused to play the game because he did not want to risk his players getting injured for a game that meant nothing. So the commissioner suspended Serra for a few games the following season.
Yes, that point has been driven home

A few years ago the CCS had a runner up ( loser) and section champ both advance to the regionals. In that year Serra was the section champ and Saint Francis was the runner up. Both of them won their regional games and then both of them went on to win their State Championship games.

The point was to advance the CCS’s best teams. I did not like the rule. Losers should never get to continue playing.

Then the CCS commissioner had another crazy scheme which I can’t quite remember. Maybe someone else can. I think it had to do with having teams playing an additional play in game. But the commissioner wanted to do a trial of such games even though the game meant absolutely nothing since it was trial run. Serra’s coach Walsh refused to play the game because he did not want to risk his players getting injured for a game that meant nothing. So the commissioner suspended Serra for a few games the following season.
Losers go to the Consolation bracket. Serra did play one game in the consolation bracket but I think they were facing a gigantic O-line from Milpitas the next game which they forfeited. and yes it was a dumb idea.

Last edited:
I'm sure NCS will discontinue that after this year. At least, it should. Don't know why they even started up with this
If you've paid any attention to the NCS playoffs for the last 30 years, it becomes quite evident why they started with this.

If you've paid any attention to the NCS playoffs for the last 30 years, it becomes quite evident why they started with this.
Yes, and it's still not a good enough reason. They saw another section do something similar. That wasn't a good enough reason either

Losers go to the Consolation bracket. Serra did play one game in the consolation bracket but I think they were facing a gigantic O-line from Milpitas the next game which they forfeited. and yes it was a dumb idea.
Oh, I remember that. In the first game coach Walsh agreed with the opposing HC to treat the game as a scrimmage. But the Milpitas HC would not agree to a scrimmage and wanted a regular game. Serra rightly so forfeited.

I would Take DLS in a Rematch with SF…. While SF’s big win over Serra was Impressive, I am feeling Serra might have Been overrated Defensively this year by people like me who thought they were the Best Team In Nor Cal…..

Serra beat VC 28-21 and Beat VC Again 41-30 (I Think)…. PITT Beat VC 41-20 so it seems Serra and PITT are about the same…. So I put Serra with PITT on a Tier lower then SF, DLS, Rocklin…..

Along with DLS, SF is the Best Team in Nor Cal this year and Deserves the Open 100% because they Scheduled and Beat DLS on the field, no question, as long they win their Section SF Earned The Open and DLS did not…..

The Game I really want to see is DLS vs Rocklin…. Since the “Folsom Rule” this will be the first time we will see a team have to play DLS to go to a SBG and undefeated Rocklin is actually Built to beat DLS….. This would be the most anticipated playoff game in Nor Cal since The first Open regional in 2012…..

And think about this, if Rocklin Plays and Beats DLS then we will have a real argument to do away with the “Folsom Rule”….. Because if Both Rocklin and SF are undefeated and Rocklin would have an actual Playoff Win over DLS who would you say is the “True” #1 Team in Nor Cal and who really “Deserves” The Open Birth?….. SF or Rocklin?….. 🤣
This post didn't age well. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT