ADVERTISEMENT

Akinjo Update

CP3 was actually really athletic when he went to the NBA and I agree the lack of explosiveness will catch up to him regardless of his skill set.

If you guys think you “have” to be explosive as a pg then you know nothing about the game or being a pro. There’s only a few Pg’s in the league now that’s comjng down the lane and dunking at a high level. But Tony Parker, Steve Nash, John Stockton, Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, just to name a few have never been athletic or explosive. And they turned out pretty damn good. I think he has to develop a killer floater and get his jump shot at a high level and he could have a chance of being a pro. That kid has game and a very high IQ for the game.

Disagree. Forbes for the record is a great athlete. At 6"8 1/2 can fly down the court and finish way above the rim. Many games he had 5 + dunks I was at and his transition in college because he's such a great athlete will be easy. He's not an elite basketball player skill wise but its his athleticism that sets him apart. Akinjo will be just fine at the next level. Again I'm not setting him up for failure. He's not jkidd.

Disagree. Forbes for the record is a great athlete. At 6"8 1/2 can fly down the court and finish way above the rim. Many games he had 5 + dunks I was at and his transition in college because he's such a great athlete will be easy. He's not an elite basketball player skill wise but its his athleticism that sets him apart. Akinjo will be just fine at the next level. Again I'm not setting him up for failure. He's not jkidd.

Forbes’ skill level is under rated. His freshman year he used to shoot a 8-10’ baseline jumper that was unstoppable. For some reason it appeared that the Folsom offense went away from that and his offensive production dropped off. I think he will flouriish at Harvard, but he will need to extend his range.
I compare Akinjo to Jordan Ford. He knows how to play the game, with a great bball IQ. He will be able to create shots for himself when needed. I expect great collegiate careers from both.

Forbes needs to really work on facing up and shooting from out to 3. His offensive game is not where it should be and this is coming from a huge fan. I watched him play a lot over the years and he was open more as a fresh because you had jordan ford, colin russell, degurara, and a few others to guard before you worried about Forbes. He will do well at Harvard because he does so many other things and defensively you can't teach what he brings to the table.

Akinjo is a beast. A warrior. An extension of the coach out there. So many programs would love to have him.

It’s puzzling to me because you would think that he has mad athletic ability, the two guards that play along side him at Salesian are much more explosive than he is!!! What’s all the hype about?
u said it your self the two other GAURDS r much more explosive...and that's it.thats where it stops...do ur homework...akinjo gave them two so called explosive gaurds 50 in the nor cal clash...they was talkin the same shit ur talking now

50 points is nice in a game where defense is not played!!! All I said was they were much more explosive. It’s like saying Steph Curry plays no defense, my opinion.

let me give u a definitive answer...NO GAURD IN CALIFORNIA IS BETTER THAN JAMES AKINJO....PICK WHO EVER U WANT AND I WILL MAKE SURE AKINJO PUT THEY ASS ON A MILK CARTOON ....CUS THEY WILL B MISSINGPERIOD

check akinjo's pedigree...ur rite tho...he isn't the most athletic...FACTS....but akinjo has something that u cant teach or go to the gym and work out to get...HEART..HE IS BUILT FORD TUFF...READY FOR ANY SITUATION.HE IS EITHER GONNA WIN BIG OR LOSE BIG...HE WONT STOP UNTIL HE BLOOD

I expect that Akinjo will end up at Georgetown teaming up with combo guard Mac McClung from Gate City and EYBL Team Loaded. If I am correct, that will be quite a dynamic freshman backcourt.
With post Jesse Govan down low (assuming he returns) and two guys who made first team frosh all-BigEast freshman squad, Jamarko Pickett (3) and Jahvon Blair(2-3), power fwd Omer Yurtseven likely transferring from NC State (although likely not eligible next year) and the recruit from Louisiana, Josh Le Blanc, it looks like Ewing is doing a nice job of bringing the Hoyas back into contention. James would be coming into that program at a good time and playing for a coach with lots of NBA connections and one of the best conferences in the country..

check akinjo's pedigree...ur rite tho...he isn't the most athletic...FACTS....but akinjo has something that u cant teach or go to the gym and work out to get...HEART..HE IS BUILT FORD TUFF...READY FOR ANY SITUATION.HE IS EITHER GONNA WIN BIG OR LOSE BIG...HE WONT STOP UNTIL HE BLOOD

You're tripping. No one takes Akinjo over Brandon Williams.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
I love (hate really) people that come on forums and tell kids where they should go. You (and that means everyone) have NO idea what any young man is looking for academically, socially or basketball wise. It's no different than any other student.

Reactions: LoganHomer

Forbes did a pretty good job of swatting him about 7 times in the second half when Salesian choked once again

Forbes did a pretty good job of swatting him about 7 times in the second half when Salesian choked once again

When you say Salesian Choked, are you including the guidance counselors, cafeteria workers and janitorial staff ?

Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: kiddman32
its funny how u talking that Brandon Williams shit...i told u i will make sure when when akinjo runs in to him he will put his head on a ****ing stick... ballslife game....

He for sure got the best of Williams in the BIL game. I would take Akinjo over Williams any day of the week. He got that dog in him. Hard to teach that.

like I said before...check akinjo's PETIGREE...he wasn't taught that...its in his blood....okay that Williams cat hwad is on the wall....WHO U WANT NEXT....DONT PLAY BOI .....

It's clear because of one all star game? Williams is 37th on ESPN top 100, Akinjo got dropped out the top 100 list.

Look at the schools that offered each player, it's pretty clear which player is higher ranked by college coaches.

I'll trust their opinion over Akinjo fans

It's clear because of one all star game? Williams is 37th on ESPN top 100, Akinjo got dropped out the top 100 list.

Look at the schools that offered each player, it's pretty clear which player is higher ranked by college coaches.

I'll trust their opinion over Akinjo fans

Man you have no clue. That ranking shit means nothing. Was Damian Lillard ranked in the top 100? What Steph Curry? Have you actually seen Williams play? I bet you haven’t? What does he do better than Akinjo?

His likely backcourt mate in college Mac McClung is very explosive.

He's been a YouTube sensation for a couple years now because of his ridiculous hops and Curry-like scoring ability (not quite *that* kinda range, but he can really shoot it!).

McClung broke the all-time Virginia HS scoring record which had belonged to some dude named Allen Iverson :)

Of course, his school played in class 2A, which would probably approximate D4 here... But even in the state final, where his Gate City team faced an undefeated foe that double-teamed him starting in the parking lot, he scored 47 and lifted his team to the win.

There are plenty of his highlights on YouTube and quite a few of his full games are out there... somewhere... I forget where, but they're there.. somewhere. I know, cuz I watched a whole bunch of 'em :)

Rankings aren't sh*t because of exceptions. In general they are pretty spot on. The problem with ranking 17/18 year olds is that some are still growing and maturing.

One thing to note on rankings is they really aren't based on fit, which is so key to success. If Player A is slightly better than Player B, but Player B goes to a school/system that plays to their strengths more, then Player B will have the better career even if they aren't the best player. Now, this only matters for fodder in discussion like this, but it helps frame the discussion.

Rankings aren't the absolute truth, but they do provide a good glimpse of the players in a region or country.

Reactions: treshon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT