ADVERTISEMENT

Just got home from a thriller...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Didn't have my keyboard... Wish I'd brought it!

Clayton Valley Charter and Oakland Tech went into overtime in a very physical, foul-filled battle...

CVC led all the way til the end, at one time by 13. OakTech never got a tie or a lead until under a minute in regulation.

The lead changed hands a couple time during the OT, but CVC hit a 3-ball to take the lead for good with some 20 seconds left, then held on to win by 3 as a long 3 try by OakTech bounced off the rim at the buzzer.

CVC is fast and skilled... and young. Their senior star is Jake King, a guy anyone would want to have on their side. Junior jumping jack James Moore helps him lead a young group that started a freshman and a sophomore (Vince Ellis and Elijah Perryman) tonight. They are fast and skilled, but they do lack size. CVC will be a hard out for anyone they play.

O Tech played without whom I'm told is their best player, who apparently tweaked a knee over the weekend. But they had a guy that wasn't there over the weekend, a D1 football prospect named Omar Staples. He made it very rough inside... VERY rough.

These are two good teams that'll be a factor down the road.

As one Rasheed Wallace said many times during that one press conference... "Both teams played hard".

I knew Clayton lost some talent from last year, but I remembered they had King & Moore coming back and figured Allocco Jr. would have some more talent coming in and would coach them up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT