ADVERTISEMENT

ALERT, ALERT GRIDLEY INVITATIONAL NEWS

Marcskit

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
Ok. Folks, we are now announcing that the GIBT will now move back to Farmers hall in Gridley.

I am the Recruiter for the Tournament. I just got off the phone with the Tournament Director
Chris Mcantire. This is now confirmed, 100%

Now I will tell you why.

During the fire, the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico was being used as a staging area for fire trucks, emergency vehicles and all first re-sponders. Which numbered in the thousands.

The Gridley fairgrounds became the fall back, when it was realized there would be a need to put all the displaced people (which became apparent later on.) Many people are living in tents there.

The Silver Dollar Fairgrounds is a much better place to house, and offer services to the displaced, with larger buildings and services. People are now being transported back to the Chico Silver Dollar Fairgrounds as I write this.

The Gridley community is now in the process of helping the Red Cross, working over the next couple of days and nights to assist in this.

So a long story short. Farmers Hall will be available put on the GIBT. We have tried to go the extra mile for everyone concerned.

Our Tournament is always concerned number one, that the kids who are playing, get the best experience possible. We value the sharing that goes on. Next of course is the fans, who come every year. Hopefully they get a great experience also.

Our Motto: Its more than just basketball.

Here’s wishing you great hoops

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT