ADVERTISEMENT

All State Maile Williams

Be humble and gain much. Be proud and lose everything.

Good/great players or their reps never have to point out the fact that they’re good, nor do they need to point out their accolades. Real talk.

Reactions: subbfan
Congratulations. It is an honor to be named all state, especially in California. Look for Elk Grove to be a power over her final two years and I would expect a CA Miss Basketball in her future. Not many players like her in the state

Reactions: allprepmedia99
Congratulations Maile! Her support in Sacramento is colossal. Measaured off her talent,skill but also even better is her character.

A rare talent indeed. Could easily see her as Miss Basketball CA in 2 years. Likely the favorite. Keep grinding Maile.

The favorite? Wow, that’s quite the hype. She must have great parental support. Geno & Muffet have got to be watching closely.

To be selected to back to back All State teams while playing for two different high schools is incredible. Not many players can lay claim to that. I am sure one of the powerhouse privates will be offering full scholarship in order to have her services, especially since EG is w/o a coach.

To be selected to back to back All State teams while playing for two different high schools is incredible. Not many players can lay claim to that. I am sure one of the powerhouse privates will be offering full scholarship in order to have her services, especially since EG is w/o a coach.

Oh c’mon. Rumor has it she was offered full ride schollies from all of the powerhouse privates when she was in middle school. They know she’s above that and that they have no chance at her.

Reactions: straightline50
Which club team is Maile playing for this summer? Would like to catch one of her games. Good luck to her and all the players working on their game.

Good luck to her this summer and the rest of the high school kids. Not sure who she playing with, did hear she is flying back east to train with an nba trainer during the summer.

Reactions: basketba11
Good luck to her this summer and the rest of the high school kids. Not sure who she playing with, did hear she is flying back east to train with an nba trainer during the summer.
Don't they have NBA trainers on the west coast? My fear is she will get recruited to an east coast prep school if she gets too far away for too long. I heard she was playing in the EYBL so I think we are safe.

I saw her play in a tournament in mid April with Cal Storm EYBL 16s at Mater Dei in Santa Ana. She was listed on their roster prior to the tournament.

This was a tune up tournament for Boo, so only Storm and Sparks 16 and 17 EYBL teams. She started for them in the game I watched and her team played against Cal Sparks Blue, which is primarily a 7-8 team with a handful of freshmen, but is not an EYBL team.

She struggled mightily in this game, and drew the ire of the coaches on multiple occasions, eventually getting benched until very late in the game, once the game was decided. In the crucial moments of the game they sat her. She had about 5 turnovers and zero points and after a while looked shook. Again this was against some much younger players. Not what I was expecting to see considering the hype surrounding this player. Not even close.

The next day she didn’t show up and when I looked on the Storm roster, she had been removed.

This isn’t hating on a player, seriously just stating what I saw first hand from the sideline. If anyone takes it as such oh well, It is what it is.

Reactions: TwinJevonne
I saw her play in a tournament in mid April with Cal Storm EYBL 16s at Mater Dei in Santa Ana. She was listed on their roster prior to the tournament.

This was a tune up tournament for Boo, so only Storm and Sparks 16 and 17 EYBL teams. She started for them in the game I watched and her team played against Cal Sparks Blue, which is primarily a 7-8 team with a handful of freshmen, but is not an EYBL team.

She struggled mightily in this game, and drew the ire of the coaches on multiple occasions, eventually getting benched until very late in the game, once the game was decided. In the crucial moments of the game they sat her. She had about 5 turnovers and zero points and after a while looked shook. Again this was against some much younger players. Not what I was expecting to see considering the hype surrounding this player. Not even close.

The next day she didn’t show up and when I looked on the Storm roster, she had been removed.

This isn’t hating on a player, seriously just stating what I saw first hand from the sideline. If anyone takes it as such oh well, It is what it is.
Is the "she" you are referring to Maile Williams or to the frosh point guard from Mater Dei in the previous post by Colhenrylives? See previous post.

Just received intel from a prep coach much different however she did start at pg for the Storm 16-EYBL team which carried 15+ players at the sparks tournament at Mater Dei High last month. She looked comfortable and role was to be the leader and get all players involved into their system. Never got benched nor did she commit 5 turnovers. Coaches said she looked very poised. Guess opinions are opinions.

That is absolutely false. I was there. And you can ask all the others who watched the game and you’ll get the same response, except probably much more harsh than what I’ve said. It was not a good look at all.

The fact that she was off the roster by the next day regardless of how many players they had is telling in itself, but believe what you want. I have no agenda. I just know what I saw.

Just received intel from a prep coach much different however she did start at pg for the Storm 16-EYBL team which carried 15+ players at the sparks tournament at Mater Dei High last month. She looked comfortable and role was to be the leader and get all players involved into their system. Never got benched nor did she commit 5 turnovers. Coaches said she looked very poised. Guess opinions are opinions.
I heard very similar observations. She was a standout that day.

I recommend the board members need to be mindful of the name image, likeness of this student athlete Maile Williams. This is only a “Child” that you adults pretend behind screen names to troll throw shade at. A child that you’ve never met.

This is only a “Child” that you adults pretend behind screen names to troll throw shade at.
It's a semi-valid point I think (despite the grammar.) This player does catch more than the typical amount of shade, probably because of the irrationally positive hyping from the parent. I was wondering though, is allprepmedia99 the name on your birth certificate?

It's a semi-valid point I think (despite the grammar.) This player does catch more than the typical amount of shade, probably because of the irrationally positive hyping from the parent. I was wondering though, is allprepmedia99 the name on your birth certificate?
Grammer? What part you didn’t understand Einstein? I can guarantee you media isn’t on my drivers license pal.

This was a personal opinion of mine based on having seen both players play. Not throwing shade, but giving a simplistic answer to the question that was asked.

P.S. its grammAr... and yes it was poor even if we were able to decipher your message.

P.P.S. I am still convinced allprep99 and top100 are linked.. neither comment on anything else besides this young lady (although allprep blocks his post history)

Last edited:
Maile if you spend anytime in the southbay this summer let me know
I can work with you on the weekends at the City Sports at Cherry and Almaden
Congrats and Aloha
Maile

Mic Drop....
OK now we are done

DcHymepUwAA82_3.jpg

A sincere thanks from the SoCalHoops board for lending us all of the profiles that are actually Maile's dad for a week (it's pretty obvious from reading on here and comparing the posts there). He tried to come on our board and hype his kid without knowing that the board is usually a toxic mess, and wound up getting his thread deleted.

To the dad...on behalf of the SoCalHoops board, please don't come back. There has never, ever, been a post on that board that tries to hype a kid that ends well. If kids on the level of Ayanna Clark, Destiny Littleton, and Jayda Adams can be ripped to shreds on SoCalHoops, your kid is definitely going to be torn down for an all-state hype post.

Plus, people are easily outed on SoCalHoops, since the board doesn't protect IP addresses like many boards do. You post multiple times, it shows and everyone can see it.

Just some common sense advice. Take it as you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnBall8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT