ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone interested in the Serra/John Bosco game streaming...

Padres start on the 20.

Run squashed for no gain…

Pass nearly picked off, 3rd down.

Pass to empty space…. 4th down. Punter enters the fray.

Bosco gets it right on the midfield stripe.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
2 plays later, they are down to the Serra 6.

Pass incomplete, 2nd down.

Run right up the middle, TD Bosco. Kick good… 42-10. It’s all over but the tears of Barry and Tom.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Serra finally has a drive going, first down on the Bosco 11.

Now a first and goal on the 4. Dunno how 7 yards gets a first down, but …. whatever. :)

btw, once you jump thru the right hoops to get to the fanvu feed, it is WAY worth it! Excellent picture and sound.

1st down Bosco on their 30 now.

QB flushed out of the pocket, but gains 8. 3rd and 2.

Pass over the middle, receiver gets all the way around the right corner on the sideline, first down…. and a late hit adds another 15 to the Serra 32.

Pass over the middle another fine run after the catch for a TD. Kick good…. 49-16.

One more unanswered Bosco score would spin the clock.

Serra gets a first down on the ground…. to the 31.

Pitch left gets 8…

Oops, false start, 2nd and 7. QB scrambles for a few, 3rd and 4. End of the 3rd.

Went AFK for a bit, I see Serra has gotten another drive going…. 2nd and 1 on the Bosco 6.

But the QB is snowed under for a big loss…. 2rd and 10.

QB hit as he throws…. and a PICK SIX for Bosco…. about 90 yards. Kick is good, 56-16…. Should be running-clock now.

Serra scored more points today (16) then They have in 3 state open games (7)…. That’s a Win for Serra…. 🤣

Watching Serra’s Defense give up 95 points combined to DLS and SJB makes you really wonder how is the Heck did Folsom only score 19 on Serra?…. Folsom’s offense seems very overrated and their schedule is straight garbage….

Will be interesting to see how PITT does against SJB next week…. PITT should be able to score on SJB, but their defense will be the issue….

So Glad to see Serra and PITT taking on this challenge….. Kudos to Serra for putting together the Best Schedule in Nor Cal and PITT right behind them….

Serra scored more points today (16) then They have in 3 state open games (7)…. That’s a Win for Serra…. 🤣

Watching Serra’s Defense give up 95 points combined to DLS and SJB makes you really wonder how is the Heck did Folsom only score 19 on Serra?…. Folsom’s offense seems very overrated and their schedule is straight garbage….

Will be interesting to see how PITT does against SJB next week…. PITT should be able to score on SJB, but their defense will be the issue….

So Glad to see Serra and PITT taking on this challenge….. Kudos to Serra for putting together the Best Schedule in Nor Cal and PITT right behind them….
Tells Serra where they need to be to be elite. A ways to go, but a young team. If they play these elite games, it will most likely draw better players over time as long as they can keep winning the WCAL and going far in the playoffs and state.

Tells Serra where they need to be to be elite. A ways to go, but a young team. If they play these elite games, it will most likely draw better players over time as long as they can keep winning the WCAL and going far in the playoffs and state.
Totally!..,. Serra did some good things in that game, and they are overall a young team when it comes to playing experience….

And look at so cal…. Sierra Canyon lost to SJB 38-28…. Cen10 lost to them 43-42 in the playoffs…. OLU just beat SFA, Rancho Santa Margarita just beat Cen10…..

If you don’t play those types of teams you will never understand how to beat them…. Serra wants to go back to the Open and win, to do that, you have to play a great schedule that includes either MD, SJB or another National Power…. And they have done that…..

The only teams that will Challenge Serra in league are SF and Riordan…. Based on what Serra did to Folsom, I think Riordan is out…. SF will be a bigger challenge due to their running game….

Kudos to Serra for Playing this game,… Let’s go PITT!!!….

bosco is way down this year. lots of kids having to go both ways and nowhere near the size as normal they also weren’t as fast as advertised, respectable showing by serra and to keep it 100 I think that DLS would either play bosco close or beat them this year. Too bad for them though that maaterdei will be the so cal open rep.

Totally!..,. Serra did some good things in that game, and they are overall a young team when it comes to playing experience….

And look at so cal…. Sierra Canyon lost to SJB 38-28…. Cen10 lost to them 43-42 in the playoffs…. OLU just beat SFA, Rancho Santa Margarita just beat Cen10…..

If you don’t play those types of teams you will never understand how to beat them…. Serra wants to go back to the Open and win, to do that, you have to play a great schedule that includes either MD, SJB or another National Power…. And they have done that…..

The only teams that will Challenge Serra in league are SF and Riordan…. Based on what Serra did to Folsom, I think Riordan is out…. SF will be a bigger challenge due to their running game….

Kudos to Serra for Playing this game,… Let’s go PITT!!!….

Did you see Riordan run for over 300 on Pitt last night? My point is they can run the football if they so choose to.

Did you see Riordan run for over 300 on Pitt last night? My point is they can run the football if they so choose to.
we all saw it we just didn’t get the notice of when pit became some paragon of defense they have never been able to stop the run against anyone with a pulse if they could then at some point they would’ve not got the clock run on them against dls

bosco is way down this year. lots of kids having to go both ways and nowhere near the size as normal they also weren’t as fast as advertised, respectable showing by serra and to keep it 100 I think that DLS would either play bosco close or beat them this year. Too bad for them though that maaterdei will be the so cal open rep.
Everyone said the same thing about SJB last year, Especially when they last to Kahuku….. And what happened?…. They Shut out MD a few weeks later 28-0….

DLS is too one dimensional to beat SJB…. We will find out about SJB in the upcoming weeks, JSERRA, RSM, OLU and MD are coming up for them….

Looking forward to PITT vs SJB…. Really interested to see if PITT can put up points on them….

No, I was not able to watch the game…. The good news for Riordan is they will get their Chance to prove it when they play Serra…. 🤣

Riordan provides some challenging matchups for defenses this year. If you load the box, that leaves their WRs in one on one situations. If you just play 5 or 6 in the box in order to cover the spread, that OLine will open holes for Jones. Having up to 6 starters out the past 2 games has given the young sophs and freshman valuable playing time. The defense should shore up as the season progresses and players return. I don't think there are any transfers this year. @THEOC89 is correct, Riordan will see the likes of SI, Serra and SF soon enough. Perhaps even twice as the top teams will most likely see each other in the CCS playoffs.

Reactions: THEOC89
No, I was not able to watch the game…. The good news for Riordan is they will get their Chance to prove it when they play Serra…. 🤣
serra will run double wing and have 42 minutes time of possession minimum when they play riordan that defense is not ready for prime time yet they need another couple years to build it up

Viewing Bosco up close and personal at field level this weekend was eye-opening. The Braves are extremely impressive, loaded with talent and deep. Two things really separated them from Serra big-time: Quarterback play and overall team speed. Bosco's outstanding and super-quick wide receivers and defensive backs were too much to handle. Talk about teen acceleration. The QB was superb, poised, athletic and accurate. On top of all of that, they are well-coached. Thank goodness they are located 400 miles away from the WCAL.

Last edited:

You’re putting in far too much overtime wrt your Folsom hate. It’s unbecoming.

Don’t forget, Folsom and Serra were equal teams — as evidenced by their game being decided by a missed chip shot FG then an onside kick and another FG at the end. So a diss to Folsom is a diss to Serra.

Also, Folsom’s 3-game non-conference schedule includes one of DLS’s 6 non-league opponents and the other 5 on the Spartans schedule aren’t really all that impressive either, all things considered. There’s no SJB or MD on it, either. Pot meet kettle.

Lastly, according to others on this forum, Folsom’s team is going to be look different come week 5 or 6 and just might be better than you give them credit for.

Their QB is 100% legit, there’s no dancing around that. Better than anything Serra and DLS has at that position, that’s for sure.

Reactions: FBAddict

Don’t forget, Folsom and Serra were equal teams — as evidenced by their game being decided by a missed chip shot FG then an onside kick and another FG at the end. So a diss to Folsom is a diss to Serra.

Also, Folsom’s 3-game non-conference schedule includes one of DLS’s 6 non-league opponents and the other 5 on the Spartans schedule aren’t really all that impressive either, all things considered. There’s no SJB or MD on it, either. Pot meet kettle.

Lastly, according to others on this forum, Folsom’s team is going to be look different come week 5 or 6 and just might be better than you give them credit for.

Their QB is 100% legit, there’s no dancing around that. Better than anything Serra and DLS has at that position, that’s for sure.
folsom qb might be a better college/pro prospect but dls qb is a better high school quarterback.

My Folsom Hate?…. I just commented that their schedule wasn’t very good and their Offense may be overrated….

Folsom’s non-league opponents are a Combined 2-7 with one of those wins being over Folsom themselves…. 🤣

It’s not about whether Folsom and Serra are equal because they played a close game, it’s the fact that On their own Home Field, Folsom, With the Best Qb in The State, and multiple other D1 players, could only put up 19 points on Serra…. Conversely, DLS put up 39, with a QB who can’t even pass….

And great for Folsom and their transfers…. They will be here just in time for Folsom to hang 60 on every team in the SFL and SJS so they can make their annual pilgrimage to the D1AA play in game and a shot at San Diego’s top team or the Southern Section D2 Champion…. Wake me up at that point…

And lastly, my comment was Serra had the Best Schedule in Nor Cal followed by PITT…. So I didn’t even include DLS in the mix of best schedule in Nor Cal this year because we have no idea what this NFL Academy London team is like….

Every year DLS schedules an outside of Nor Cal Power…. Last year it was OLU, This year is it the NFL Academy London…. So there is no Pot meets Kettle….

It’s been well over a Decade since Folsom has owned the SJS and been a Top 3 Nor Cal team with arguably the most talented roster in Nor Cal every year….

Yet they have Scheduled absolutely no one outside of Nor Cal…. Not 1 game against the Top 5 in So Cal or any kind of OOS powerhouse program…. And ZERO Appearances in The Open SBG….

No Hate, just the same broken record of annual Folsom disappointment…. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: The Heat Miser
My Folsom Hate?…. I just commented that their schedule wasn’t very good and their Offense may be overrated….

Folsom’s non-league opponents are a Combined 2-7 with one of those wins being over Folsom themselves…. 🤣

It’s not about whether Folsom and Serra are equal because they played a close game, it’s the fact that On their own Home Field, Folsom, With the Best Qb in The State, and multiple other D1 players, could only put up 19 points on Serra…. Conversely, DLS put up 39, with a QB who can’t even pass….

And great for Folsom and their transfers…. They will be here just in time for Folsom to hang 60 on every team in the SFL and SJS so they can make their annual pilgrimage to the D1AA play in game and a shot at San Diego’s top team or the Southern Section D2 Champion…. Wake me up at that point…

And lastly, my comment was Serra had the Best Schedule in Nor Cal followed by PITT…. So I didn’t even include DLS in the mix of best schedule in Nor Cal this year because we have no idea what this NFL Academy London team is like….

Every year DLS schedules an outside of Nor Cal Power…. Last year it was OLU, This year is it the NFL Academy London…. So there is no Pot meets Kettle….

It’s been well over a Decade since Folsom has owned the SJS and been a Top 3 Nor Cal team with arguably the most talented roster in Nor Cal every year….

Yet they have Scheduled absolutely no one outside of Nor Cal…. Not 1 game against the Top 5 in So Cal or any kind of OOS powerhouse program…. And ZERO Appearances in The Open SBG….

No Hate, just the same broken record of annual Folsom disappointment…. 🤷‍♂️
you won't find many people on here that disagree with you but i will challenge you on one of the points you made.

you said folsom will go to the 1aa play in game this year.

depending on how things shake out in fresno theres a good chance folsom ends up in 1a not 1aa. if either central or either of the clovis directional schools win out from now through there playoffs, that team should and will end up in the 1aa game against serra. not folsom.

so in that case it would be folsom vs. probably pitt in the 1a game, winner plays the southern section d3-d4 champ.

Question for the board...
If DLS wins out rest of way I'm assuming they will get #1 in NCS open and win NCS and would be the easy choice for the Norcal Open team. So is Folsom pretty much done? Because I don't see DLS losing to any teams left on their schedule.
Am I missing anything?

Reactions: THEOC89
you won't find many people on here that disagree with you but i will challenge you on one of the points you made.

you said folsom will go to the 1aa play in game this year.

depending on how things shake out in fresno theres a good chance folsom ends up in 1a not 1aa. if either central or either of the clovis directional schools win out from now through there playoffs, that team should and will end up in the 1aa game against serra. not folsom.

so in that case it would be folsom vs. probably pitt in the 1a game, winner plays the southern section d3-d4 champ.
Great Point!…. Folsom likely needs Serra to drop a league game or get bounced in the playoffs to make it to D1AA if one of the Fresno Area Schools win out….

Question for the board...
If DLS wins out rest of way I'm assuming they will get #1 in NCS open and win NCS and would be the easy choice for the Norcal Open team. So is Folsom pretty much done? Because I don't see DLS losing to any teams left on their schedule.
Am I missing anything?
Folsom would need a lot of Help to Make The Open since they don’t have another shot at Serra or a Shot at DLS…

The Common opponent is the main factor like it was in 2021 to pick Serra over DLS, because DLS lost to SF and even-though Serra lost to SF far worse, they beat them in the playoffs…. So even-though DLS had a Better overall Resume, Serra was picked because of the common opponent….

If PITT or SRV wns out and defeats DLS and wins the NCS open, they would go…

Folsom would Losses from Serra, DLS, PITT and SRV, which could happen, this is HSFB so you never know….

For now, it looks like Folsom is in the D1AA or D1A category depending on what happens with the CCS Section and Fresno area schools….

No matter what happens, this year will be another example of why we need an Open Play in Game for Nor Cal…. Why shouldn’t a team like Folsom have the opportunity to make up for an early season close loss by winning a playoff game to Crown the true Champ of Not Cal?…..

Reactions: observer22
No matter what happens, this year will be another example of why we need an Open Play in Game for Nor Cal…. Why shouldn’t a team like Folsom have the opportunity to make up for an early season close loss by winning a playoff game to Crown the true Champ of Not Cal?…..
because folsom is literally the reason there isnt a norcal open game. they would complain there way out of it just like they did 10 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT