ADVERTISEMENT

Astros Cheating Scandal

I personally dont think its wrong if players and coaches on field pick up signs from the field of play. Weather in coaching box/dugout or anywhere on field. Its the perogative of defense to hide their signs. Somebody outside of player and/or coaches is wrong.

I personally dont think its wrong if players and coaches on field pick up signs from the field of play. Weather in coaching box/dugout or anywhere on field. Its the perogative of defense to hide their signs. Somebody outside of player and/or coaches is wrong.
It’s obviously deep. Kind of like new evidence shedding light on truth. I’m a little surprised with only one year bans. Cheating is much different than outsmarting in-game. Deliberate and premeditated conspiring should get Pete Rose level.

Reactions: CityVibesII
It’s obviously deep. Kind of like new evidence shedding light on truth. I’m a little surprised with only one year bans. Cheating is much different than outsmarting in-game. Deliberate and premeditated conspiring should get Pete Rose level.

But where do you draw the line on what is deliberate and premeditated? Vaseline? Sandpaper? Corked bats?

Very good Qs O22. I’d say the “systematic” nature of this case involving coaches, staff and ultimately multiple players in on the scheme versus the individual nature of players cheating “alone,” gives credence for more severe penalties to protect the integrity of the game.

It’s become clear the garbage can “bang” was happening on off-speed pitches vs. fastballs.
Any player would say barreling up something <90 versus >95 is night and day...

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
I just dropped “Alleged” from the title posted two months ago to allow for a fair presentation of the facts. Now that The Commissioner has proven the allegations as fact, after getting more information, deliberating and handing down penalties, isn’t it telling the perpetrators have yet to claim being “outraged” or “railroaded” by their misdeeds? Truly, a remarkable and chutzpah laden stain on the game.

I have a problem with Fliers. If snitch is the right word then so be it. I would have like to see the players police this themselves. Fliers was teammates with the those guys. A few texts to Altuve, Bgreman, etc saying "Hey we all know what's going on over there. Knock it off before someone gets hurt". A 97 to the ribs (no head hunting) or a 97 inside when the batter is leaning over the plate expecting a curve. Problem solved.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I have a problem with Fliers. If snitch is the right word then so be it. I would have like to see the players police this themselves. Fliers was teammates with the those guys. A few texts to Altuve, Bgreman, etc saying "Hey we all know what's going on over there. Knock it off before someone gets hurt". A 97 to the ribs (no head hunting) or a 97 inside when the batter is leaning over the plate expecting a curve
So if Fiers doesn’t fink/snitch/tell the truth once he’s removed from the Astros at least a season, you’re saying the cheating was OK? You think a hip shot, then a warning, then ejections? Naaaahhhh, P’s are NOT going to do that all season due to their incentive clauses. Manfred wimped out on this one. Players are pulling the McGwire defense...”I’m not going to talk about the past.

Who’s sitting next to him?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=up_eQUuiDN0

But wait, maybe his agent figured some $ with a slobbering apology after reaping MILLIONS trampling on Aaron’s legitimacy and integrity.

Crocodile tears. “I’m sob sorry sob.” Yeah, not sorry you’re out of the game, as was Ryan to avoid a 98mph rib cracker.

It’s cheating...of the highest order when a hitter knows what’s coming. Fiers is no snitch; his conscience weighed heavily, so much so he didn’t want any other team, or PROFESSIONAL to be at a disadvantage. This is no ‘hood turf war over some bad rope bypassing the taxed ganja store. Millions of dollars at stake. Altuve, Bregman? Sad sacks.

When I played at Stuart Hall, our Baseball coach would offer us $5 if we were able to decode the other teams signs. One of the bench guys had a ton of 5 dollar bills by the end of the season :)

Reactions: CityVibesII
When I played at Stuart Hall, our Baseball coach would offer us $5 if we were able to decode the other teams signs. One of the bench guys had a ton of 5 dollar bills by the end of the season :)
In the old RBAL as a 1b I relished the chance to steal steal signs...perfect view and usually had it down by the 4th; you got it, we weren’t very good. Two teams were next to impossible: Ells had McGee and he never got a sign. Steal second/third with a green light, pitch out or not. Then later at Kennedy the Felders. Tiny and Willie were destined for The Show. Drove legends Emery Phillips and Quirico mad at RHS/EC when a HSer figured out the grizzled vets system. But that was legit. Cameras in CF? BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT