ADVERTISEMENT

Bay Area All-Decade Team

The Bay Area News Group has announced their all-decade team.
I'll start the conversation. First, I would have put Mariya Moore on the first team over Angel Jackson. Or maybe they wanted a true center on the first team? Anyway, having seen both of them play, I thought Mariya was the superior talent. Second, where is Natalie Romeo on the list? She was more of an impact player and leader than many of the players on the special mention list.

Bay Area News Group made their selection! Congrats to those players. How about just list your Team and not knock theirs.

I'll start the conversation. First, I would have put Mariya Moore on the first team over Angel Jackson. Or maybe they wanted a true center on the first team? Anyway, having seen both of them play, I thought Mariya was the superior talent. Second, where is Natalie Romeo on the list? She was more of an impact player and leader than many of the players on the special mention list.

Yeah I thought Romeo was a glaring omission as well. I was surprised to see Elisabeth Gordon on the special mention list. She was a nice player but not near as impactful as Romeo, or even other Cougar stalwarts and BANG POY’s Hannah Huffman or Erica Payne. She may have gotten some votes due to her brother who was rightfully the boys’ player of the decade. Memories may have faded as there seems to be many more players from the last couple of years than earlier in the decade.

That's a good list and great the Doc gets some great recognition. That said, not sure I'd have Angel Jackson on the team.

Doc was a great choice for coach of the decade. Also suprised no Natalie Romeo. Green was a good player but big time underachiever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT