ADVERTISEMENT

Berkeley High: Best job in the East Bay? Potentially, of course ...

He quit because of fundraising? That doesn’t sound like a complete picture. I’m assuming he was asked to resign if he was intimidating the kids. This sounds like the kinda information a disgruntled parent would spread. Hip graduated from Alameda. Why didn’t he take Berkeley?
why didnt who take berkeley?

Word on the street is that C-Let is now officially open..okay I saw a posting on their website. I thought the way they ended the season, the former coach had them playing well. I guess well wasn't good enough. Anyone care to guess who'll be applying for that job (LOL)?

Hip is officially at Berkeley based on the school's post today.

Carondelet has been a revolving door. Not sure what the issue is, but goes to show that high school athletics is cyclical and a down class or two (and instability) can lead to a spiral.

Reactions: GBBall4L
Hip is officially at Berkeley based on the school's post today.

Carondelet has been a revolving door. Not sure what the issue is, but goes to show that high school athletics is cyclical and a down class or two (and instability) can lead to a spiral.

I was being a little facetious...I'm sure Kelly is the frontrunner for that job and if he does get it, look out Norcal. Cal Stars could be the perfect feeder program to make C-Let a perennial contender within a matter of years. While I'm not the biggest fan (like him as a person but not a fan of system coaches), he's proven that he can win at the AAU and high school level. In all honesty, if he applied, why would they even think about conducting interviews for other candidates.

Best of luck!

My guess would be don't bother if he applies. I heard he is going to apply and get it.

I was being a little facetious...I'm sure Kelly is the frontrunner for that job and if he does get it, look out Norcal. Cal Stars could be the perfect feeder program to make C-Let a perennial contender within a matter of years. While I'm not the biggest fan (like him as a person but not a fan of system coaches), he's proven that he can win at the AAU and high school level. In all honesty, if he applied, why would they even think about conducting interviews for other candidates.

Best of luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT