ADVERTISEMENT

Best Players in NorCal by class?

Box_out!

Board Regular
Dec 13, 2014
Now that the season is at a midway point, who are Norcal 2015 finest?

2018 Freshman Aquira DeCosta SMS - (starting on #4/#5 best team in the nation, playing/winning vs national powers on a routine basis this season)

2017 Sophmore Sierra Smith SMS - (starting point guard on #4/#5 best team in the nation, leading her squad to national success)

(Tough call here for 2016)

2016 Junior Sabrina Inosecu MM - (best scoring/shooting guard in the country, Team USA 2 time gold medal winner, can do everything on the court needed to win)

Or is it?

2016 Junior Aarion Mcdonald BC - (still under the national radar but becoming a force very quickly, already a 40+ game this season)

Seeing Inosecu and McDonald play for a few years in a 1 on 1 match up playing 10 games, they may split 5-5? Both very tough aggressive players)

2015 Senior Brijanee Moore WR (transfer from SMS) - (helped Team Taurasi to win NIKE EYBL 2014 National Championship)

Best in the State?

2018 Freshman Aquira DeCosta SMS - (starting on #4/#5 best team in the nation, playing vs national powers on a routine basis this season)

2017 Sophmore Ayanna Clark HS? - (helped LBP to State Open Title and won MVP of 2014 OPEN DIVISION)

2016 Junior Sabrina Inosecu MM - (best scoring/shooting guard in the country, Team USA 2 time gold medal winner, can do everything on the court needed to win)

Or is it?

2016 Junior Aarion Mcdonald BC - (still under the national radar but becoming a force very quickly, already a 40+ game this season)

Seeing Inosecu and McDonald play for a few years in a 1 on 1 match up playing 10 games they may split 5-5? Both very tough aggressive players)

2015 Katie Lou Samuelson MD - (Not just best in the state but best in the Nation as well)

Please chime in on your thoughts Clay, BD, Jazz.... Please talk your different players up not these players down. Thanks

Box_out!, we appreciate you recognizing Sierra, and all the hard work she has been putting in. If we're talking about position, yes, I believe Sierra is one of the best 2017 point guards in Nor Cal. However there are other players which I think should be mentioned as well:
- Julia Blackshell- Fair (Vanden), nice combo guard, can do it all, very quick, can score at will, handles the ball well, nice shot, rebounds well
- Courtesy Clark (Sac High), nice combo guard, very smooth, unselfish, but knows when to take over when needed

Also, I think you have to mention Micole Cayton (SMS) when talking about 2016 best player in Nor Cal. We all know Sabrina is a great player, will always give credit where it's due. But right now, Micole is playing with and against other elite players, holding her own, standing out.
Katie Lou Samuelson is not a Nor Cal player, so the best 2015 Nor Cal player in my opinion would be Aisia Robertson (BOD).

Originally posted by Box_out!:

2015 Senior Brijanee Moore WR (transfer from SMS) - (helped Team Taurasi to win NIKE EYBL 2014 National

Where is she now? Thought she was going back to SMS but look like it is not happening..unless she is not eligible until 2nd half of the year? If she is not playing this year that would be 2 years of in-activity for her unless she played AAU ball during the summer.

KK

Sierra is more Tony Parker: 5 rings, unselfish, team player, big impact with passing, not big individual numbers, a winner. Not Russell Westbrook: big numbers 0 rings.

I have 2015 Bri Moore for best in NorCal not KLS. I have KLS best in state and nation.

My opinion only of course, (hopefully baller can enlighten us?) 2016 Cayton is a top player on SMS but when Cayton played on the same team with McDonald, McDonald was the best player on Stockton Mustangs.

Dill

Bri plays for Weston Ranch Stockton. Now that she is eligible to play, WS will start to emerge as a big NorCal threat.

Box_out!,

As Sierra is my kid, I try my best not to be partial. We thank you for acknowledging Sierra. A lot of coaches, evaluators, rankings, put emphasis on points, but forget about the other stats which are just as important.
I have always been a fan of Bri Moore, since I first saw her play in the 7th grade, definitely forgot about her.
I have always been a fan of Aarion as well. She is a BEAST!! With that being said, in my opinion Aarion and Micole have a lot of similarities, maybe because they both trained with the Stockton Mustangs. Yes, when on the same team, a couple of years ago, Aarion did stand out more. I think they have both grown a lot as players since then, so I think it would be a lot different today. One thing I will say about Aarion is, the girl does not get tired. She can and has played entire games, at the same tempo the entire game. SMS schedule is definitely the strongest in Nor Cal, so that has to be considered as well. Who is the best 2016 player in Nor Cal, that can be argued all day. Here's my list to consider, and not in any specific order:

- Sabrina Inosecu (Miramonte)
- Aarion McDonald (Brookside)
- Micole Cayton (SMS)
- Kamira Sanders (Enterprise)

The person left out is Thomas of BOD who may not play this year. But if you can rate moore who hasn't played first semester then you have to consider Thomas. Not saying she is now the best but you have to consider her.

Bri has already played & will be playing the remainder of 2015 season. First game vs Central Catholic PNTS 24 REB 8 STL 7 A 5

Bri

Wivitbear,

Asha Thomas is one of my favorite players in high school right now, has been for quite some time, not just her game, but as a person. She's a great kid that just so happens to be one of the top point guards in her class. Believe me, if she was playing right now, she would definitely be part of the discussion.

It sounds to me like she's already part of the discussion, even without playing. Nice player.

Great players mentioned. But I've been saving this post for a while:

I like University of Utah bound, Erika Bean, Go Utes ! A point guard in the class of 2015, and yes I am her proud father.
Ranked the 4th best point guard in NorCal. 4.0 g.p.a. student and early eligible (meets all college requirements right now)

Special love to Jordyn Bell as well (Ranked in top 10 NorCal) UNLV bound forward in the class of 2015 and academically all that ! Where would Bradshaw be without JB23.

Tidbits from College Coaches and Ranking services.

Buongiorno Erika,

Greetings from Italy! Our team is on a 10-day tour of Rome, Florence and Venice. We are having a great time seeing the sights along with playing 3 games and eating delicious Italian cuisine!
I hope this note finds you and your family well. I remember you from camp and I am really glad Stanford is one of your "dream schools". Now we need to make it a "reality school"!!!
I am also happy to hear that you are studying hard and that academics are really important to you. I will give you a call soon. BUT I will warn you - don't get all caught up in the recruiting stuff.
Take care!
Best always,
Tara VanDerveer

End-of-the-Trail-July 2014: Athletic lead-guard with a scorer's mentality; smooth off the bounce, recognizes, splits double-teams, passes in transition; mid range game creator extends to the arc; anticipator on defense, active in passing lanes, converts in pressure. ( Dan Olson)

Hi Coach Ruble, My name is Nicole Powell and I'm the new assistant coach at Gonzaga University. I wanted to catch up with you sometime, if possible, about a couple of your players: Erika Bean and Jordyn Bell. Would you have any time to chat this week or next? I look forward to meeting you! Thanks, Nicole

One of the Sacramento area's top players is showing she is a legitimate D1 prospect and is moving up on the recruiting lists with overall solid play at the point.

Erika Bean without a doubt earned both All-Area and All-NorCal honors. She is a sleeper in Northern California. She is one of the leaders for her Bradshaw Christian team. A "do-it-all" point guard, could score more but does what her coach asks of her, to run the team, try to make others better. Erika, though slender, is extremely athletic and plays with poise and control. She defends, rebounds, steals, block shots, etc. Maybe or maybe not a weakness is she is too unselfish at times. She also needs to get stronger and perfect her jump shot (a career 31% three point shooter) although as primary ball handler a lot of the shots come late in the shot clock. At 5'8" Erika has all the tools to succeed at the next level and be a competitive D-1 point guard. We must not forget to mention that she has hops, which she obviously gets from her mother. Dad!

This post was edited on 1/16 1:44 PM by kookiebean

kookiebean,

That is very impressive ! I want to personally wish Erika all the best now and in her future.
It sounds like her parents have provided the love, patience, and support all talented young children deserve.

Cheers !

Paytc

Thanks Paytc,
I know everyone likes the flashy and glittery players of the game, the high scorers and the big name schools. The biggest part for us are the grades and her love for God and how he has blessed her. I sometimes wonder where she would be if they played High school at some of the top level schools in the area, but God has blessed and she has played for one of the best and unsung coaches in the area Mike Ruble who coaches both girls and boys (if he could have devoted more attention to just one program no telling how good Bradshaw would be.) Many props to her awesome AAU coach Michelle Massari (CalSparksNorcal) who allowed her to be showcased with and against some of the best players in the Area, State and Nation and help her prove she belongs.

kookiebean,

Your humbleness and appreciation to those who also helped make Erika successful is admirable.
People need to understand we don't need to be at one another's throats in a form of negative competition.Let our kids deal with societies rat race after graduating college.

We adults need to foster a loving environment that puts all of our kids health and welfare above all else. There truly is enough to go around. That also is another positive example of the need for both AAU and High School basketball.

Paytc

This post was edited on 1/17 9:37 AM by Paytc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT