ADVERTISEMENT

Brookside Christian's February Schedule

jazzpt55

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2008
Is Maxpreps right the only time BC is playing in Feb is once?
Feb 10????

Brookside is not running and hiding from any team, we have tried to get games, but several coaches decline to play us....we have already been over this in earlier blogs. Coaches that have ranked teams have repeatedly refused because of the risk of falling in the rankings if Brookside beats them...it is really too bad....besides the schedule was made by the previous coach, the new coach was hired late in August and most teams already had their schedules set...any other ignorant comments you would like to say?

This post was edited on 1/28 9:59 PM by szahniser

I am sure that is what your coach tells you. I don't see ant top ranked teams with open games being afraid of your 3 man daddy ball coached team. You were able to get a decent amount of easy games on the schedule.

So let me get this straight. The Brookside Christian coach/AD calls the coach/AD at a ranked school to inquire about setting up a game for a couple months in the future. The other coach/AD either says "we're running a real program here, so we don't schedule our games a couple months before the season starts" or "we're a ranked program with open dates a couple of months before the season starts, but we don't want to play you because we don't want to risk falling in the rankings".

Really? They actually say this, and you know they say this? Surely you'd like to reconsider your statement. Or maybe you'd like to tell us which ranked teams with open dates said they were afraid to play Brookside Christian.

Just out of curiosity, why does every whack-a-doo seem to be from Stockton?

Southbayhoopfan, do some research and find out why we didn't play in the Presentation Shoot Out...the fact is, we were told none of the teams wanted to play against us. Most scheduling is done well before the season starts, scheduling is not last minute...research that too...not sure why you want to throw insults at people from Stockton, but it only makes you look bad. I was simply answering the question Jazz was asking. But, if throwing unnecessary insults my way makes you feel good about yourself, then by all means, insult away....trust me, no sleep will be lost over here.

The reason is simple because you and prior to you your daddy ball coaches come on here and run their mouth, ie hunt and peck on the key board how people are running from them. So the presentation Shootout was full and that makes Mitty, SI, Stockton, Carondelet, Miramonte, Pinewood, Vanden, Sac High, SMB all afraid to play Brookside??????? All of those teams , if they were not full would play Brookside, beat Brookside and then daddy ball coach would be on here talking about refs or the PG getting her chin cut.

South Bay is spot on. This does not pass the smell test. Interesting how the two Brookside lovers on this board never post during a Brookside game... That is because they are sitting on the bench trying to be king of daddy ball. Why don't you have them post they want games now and then pump their chest and call everyone afraid because they won't play them. Brookside had their chance to get in any tournament in nor cal, so cal or Arizona and they chose weak ones.

I don't know what's going on here, but why the constant snide remarks? Why "daddy ball"? And "run and hide"? And all of that empty hot air? What does that have to do with anything?

It's just childish and detracts from really what is a legitimate discussion about the issues facing Brookside Christian and other schools like it.

So first, Brookside Christian is a quality D4 team that can beat you. If you're concerned with postseason seeding, and you're D3 and above, you don't want to lose to a D4 team. That could be the difference between your team going on the road in the second round of NorCals or staying home.

Now I've heard some people claim that doesn't matter, and for some, it doesn't. But for me, if my goal is go to deep into NorCals, I'm going to construct my schedule to give my team -- which has worked hard for years to get to this point -- every chance to do so. Of course I have to play tough games but I don't have to play every tough game just because someone calls up.

The second aspect is timing. At this time of the year, health and enthusiasm are pretty much everything. (For example, I had one healthy girl, out of 12, for practice yesterday.) After going through a tough preseason, traveling over Christmas, playing some showcase events over MLK weekend and after, the last couple weeks before playoffs begin are a time to recuperate, focus and get ready for an intense, demanding postseason.

If you've never coached or played on a team that was playing in mid-March, it's hard to realize just how demanding and just how hard that is. Everyone's tired, physically and mentally, the pressure is enormous and you have to be able to draw on every reserve to face the elite competition you'll face every game.

So I can see why no one wants to play Brookside at this point of the season, and I can also understand why no one wants a potential loss to a D4 team that could have a serious negative impact on postseason success.

And none of it is about "daddy ball" or "running and hiding" ...

I asked because I have
More free time in February
And I wanted to go see them
Play somemore....

Clay just wondering
any problem with girls
Teams playing timed and
Scored scrimmages against
Boys team. Seems to me
That if we could get
Two or three games against
The BC boys teams during
Feb maybe against the
Second string boys at BC
We wouldn't get rusty...
Does CIF care about this?

I don't think it's an issue with CIF, but even the best girls' teams can't really do much against boys. The best Campo teams I was associated with could hang with the boys' frosh as long as they didn't take it too seriously, but the JVs were way too big, strong, fast and quick, not to mention their jumping ability.

Now Aarion McDonald could handle the boys JVs, and most likely the reserves on varsity, but there are very few at her level.

It's like the fantasy of a woman playing in the NBA -- it's just not possible. And the best WNBA team would get destroyed by any men's D1 college team, and would lose to a D3 men's college team as well (they used to bring them in to scrimmage against the Monarchs).

A WNBA team against a top-shelf boys' high school team would be a pretty good game, but if the boys had a 6-9 post who knew how to play, the women would have no answer.

OK different question
Can two teams say
SMS and BC play a closed
Door scrimmage to
Prepare for the playoffs?

No. Can't have a scrimmage after the first real contest. And sections have rules in place for a maximum of 1-2 scrimmages (each section has different rules). Any "scrimmage" played after a real game is considered a contact and would put teams over their allocated number of contacts and thus lead to forfeiture. This is similar to what happened with O'Dowd in some sense last year.

It is true most schools have their scheduling done over the late spring/early summer. But there are always teams looking for games in the fall. You can go to GAMES WANTED on the CIF Section pages of each section. Although they aren't always current, you can find a game to be played. You may need to be willing to travel and it may not be an elite opponent, but a game can usually be scheduled in the fall when you first get back to school. We have had many teams back out of commitments, coaching changes, etc and left us scrambling. We have never been unable to fill our schedule. Sometimes it wasn't an ideal match up, but we got the contact and at least got some game experience.

enman13

your anger is getting the best of you ??? I'm a big supporter of Brookside my sister played for them in the past!!!! under the old Hitler regime !!!! DICTATORSHIP COACHING!!!as for the scheduling some coaches just didn't like the old coach ..........
mybe now they can get the better programs to play them>>>>> you cant possible blame the new coach for this years schedule !?!? get some help for that problem you have Anger Management .......................................!?!?!

This post was edited on 1/29 7:39 AM by luvthegame21

This post was edited on 1/29 9:42 AM by luvthegame21

My point, all anger management issues aside is that Brookside did not fill its schedule due to a coaching change not because teams were afraid to play them. Maybe a team elected to play a different opponent at the presentation Shootout just like BC elected not to travel to pleasant valley to honor the home and home agreement.

You guys are taking this board waaaaaay to serious. If you're feeling angry you need to stop coming on the message page and consult a counselor.

@Azanna...great point! @Enman 13...it is interesting that you think you know about Brooksides schedule....actually, here are some facts...the previous coach made this schedule, which actually had 4 games less than the schedule we have now. There were so few games because many teams said "no" when our previous coach asked to play them. The new coach did find 4 more games for us to play and we are still short games. Your infatuation with our schedule is just as puzzling as your continued bashing of Brookside. As adults, we should all be supportive of all the student athletes from all the teams who engage in endless hours if practice, games, study hall, conditioning and academics. These young ladies sacrifice alot to play the game they love. I assume we are all adults(at least by age), and it is one thing to post an opinion, however it is entirely different to post nonfacts because you are angry about God knows what. That is disrespectful. With that being said, I hope that all the teams represented on here by fans, parents, and coaches finish out the season strong.
In Hoops,
Shireen
(Yes,enman13 I am a mom, not a "Daddy Coach" you keep referring too!)

I agree as do the same young ladies, teams, coaches, fans of those teams that ballersdream, a Brookside fan and luv21, another Brookside fan seem to have no issue speaking the truth on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was simply trying to smoke out the notion that these teams were not afraid of BC but rather their schedules were full. Something the two guys above failed to acknowledge. Hopefully your coach fills his schedule next season, he has plenty of time.

I will tell you a school was on the schedule to play brookside, and they basically dropped the game because, I am assuming, they didn't want to travel...even though that school traveled to them last year. After many attempts to contact them, they finally blamed it on the old coach. I know after reading these blogs, some people don't agree with coach Que...but I guarantee if he was still the coach there would have been a game. So don't feel to sorry for Brookside, they had plenty of time to fill their schedule, and they had at least one more game lined up, just chose not to play it.

Brookside is a great team, but if AD's and coaches (new or old) don't get their act together who would want to play them. The only people this hurts is the team.

enman13

I believe your the only one that should be apologizing to this board your the only one that has been degrading Brooksides players ability, Their coaching ability ??? not one time did I down grade any player !!!!! read the post....... if you recall it was all about bad Officiating in the Berkley vs Brookside game.......? THE DISRESPECT IS ALL ON YOU !!!! READ THE POST
Not one time did i say anything about other teams being afraid to play Brookside :::::::::: or anything about a teams roster...
read the post:::::::::::

Southbayhoopfan
don't understand the whack-a-doo comment about Stockton Is that YOU BEING racial or just your bad sense of humor ??? I guess your the Judge..... !?!?

This post was edited on 1/29 10:26 PM by luvthegame21

>> don't understand the whack-a-doo comment about Stockton
>> Is that YOU BEING racial or just your bad sense of humor ???

I'll assume you're being facetious. But just in case you're not, here's a hint. Type a word you don't know into your browser, and press the Enter key. Among the results will be a definition of that word.

For example, "whack-a-doo" shows these results:

1. A person who is a step beyond crazy.
2. A person that is crazy beyond belief and doesn't seem to notice.
3. Someone that is crazy or nuts.

Not sure where the racial connotation might be, but I guess that's up to you to interpret. Other than Clay, I have no idea about the race of the people on this forum, nor do I care. (I know Clay is Caucasian, because I see his smiling face every time I look at the Xcellent 25.)

And just so you don't have to waste time looking, "facetious" - treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor, and "connotation" - something suggested or implied by a word or thing, rather than being explicitly named or described

This post was edited on 1/29 10:38 PM by SouthBayHoopFan

Southbayhoopfan

I guess that's your Bad sense of humer !!!! Just wondering because for the most part you do have good insight about girls hoop ??? And just so you know I don't live in Stockton........!?!?

Man! I love you Clay... You put it so simple and elegantly... Love when you post!!! Thanks!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT