ADVERTISEMENT

Busy Friday for Recruiting

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Sacramento State is a program that is usually out in front of prospects for the next cycle. Four 2024 prospects who received offers from the Hornets were Whitney cornerback Phoenix Rose (5-foot-11, 160 pounds), Capital Christian athlete Kayo Patu (6-foot-1, 170 pounds), Davis TE/DL AJ Hasson (6-foot-5, 260 pounds) and Casa Roble athlete Cole Owens (6-foot-0, 185 pounds).

Arizona gave out offers to a pair of NorCal prospects in Palma 2024 wide receiver Logan Saldate (6-foot-0, 185 pounds) and San Ramon Valley 2025 linebacker Marco Jones (6-foot-4, 210 pounds). Also a baseball player, Jones was one of the most productive defenders in the region this past season regardless of class.

Sheldon 2026 offensive lineman Tommy Tofi (6-foot-6, 320 pounds) added an offer from Utah to go with his first offer from Nebraska. Tofi has the makings of the next high level lineman to come out of Northern California.

Also saw it noted on a basketball thread that Stanford HC Troy Taylor was in the region. Visited Folsom 2023 TE Walker Lyons and then checked out Oak Ridge-Del Oro game (potentially for Edwards and/or Pinnick)

Sacramento State is a program that is usually out in front of prospects for the next cycle. Four 2024 prospects who received offers from the Hornets were Whitney cornerback Phoenix Rose (5-foot-11, 160 pounds), Capital Christian athlete Kayo Patu (6-foot-1, 170 pounds), Davis TE/DL AJ Hasson (6-foot-5, 260 pounds) and Casa Roble athlete Cole Owens (6-foot-0, 185 pounds).

Arizona gave out offers to a pair of NorCal prospects in Palma 2024 wide receiver Logan Saldate (6-foot-0, 185 pounds) and San Ramon Valley 2025 linebacker Marco Jones (6-foot-4, 210 pounds). Also a baseball player, Jones was one of the most productive defenders in the region this past season regardless of class.

Sheldon 2026 offensive lineman Tommy Tofi (6-foot-6, 320 pounds) added an offer from Utah to go with his first offer from Nebraska. Tofi has the makings of the next high level lineman to come out of Northern California.

Also saw it noted on a basketball thread that Stanford HC Troy Taylor was in the region. Visited Folsom 2023 TE Walker Lyons and then checked out Oak Ridge-Del Oro game (potentially for Edwards and/or Pinnick)
Focus on Edwards at this point if you are Stanford. Huge and I mean monster ceiling. Kid could play d1 in baseball , basketball, and football but the gridiron is where he will be best. He’s a real soph. Not a beer buying senior like most of these holdbacks.

Lyons gang more worried about PR and social media.

Focus on Edwards at this point if you are Stanford. Huge and I mean monster ceiling. Kid could play d1 in baseball , basketball, and football but the gridiron is where he will be best. He’s a real soph. Not a beer buying senior like most of these holdbacks.

Lyons gang more worried about PR and social media.
I agree on the focus on Edwards, but I think Pinnick can be pretty interesting as an offensive weapon in the right system based on the type of athlete he is and quarterback background.

Reactions: larry legend33
I agree on the focus on Edwards, but I think Pinnick can be pretty interesting as an offensive weapon in the right system based on the type of athlete he is and quarterback background.
Very true. Pinnick is a dynamic playmaker who should get that type of an offer IMO. In right system he can be a nice tool to have.

And not for the feint of heart.
After watching the Hoop Dreams doc a few times, it should be required viewing for every parent of a talented HS athlete... circa < 2020.

My, how times have changed, ka ching:

Yikes.

Man that’s some big time money on the table! The movie Hoop Dreams gave everyone a huge dose of reality back in the day. But these NIL deals are different! The kids are making pro level money in HS/College.

Some of these kids will never step foot on a professional field or court. The money that they make from these NIL deals will set them up nicely! A 13million dollar NIL deal is wild! Lol

Man that’s some big time money on the table! The movie Hoop Dreams gave everyone a huge dose of reality back in the day. But these NIL deals are different! The kids are making pro level money in HS/College.

Some of these kids will never step foot on a professional field or court. The money that they make from these NIL deals will set them up nicely! A 13million dollar NIL deal is wild! Lol
Best evidence of the power of NIL money is CJ Stroud, who is considered by many a Top 5 pick, hesitated about declaring for the draft based on the money he might have got at Ohio State if the reporting is true. That sentence is kind of wild LOL

Best evidence of the power of NIL money is CJ Stroud, who is considered by many a Top 5 pick, hesitated about declaring for the draft based on the money he might have got at Ohio State if the reporting is true. That sentence is kind of wild LOL
Indeed! Lol If the money is right, another year at Ohio State could be a beautiful thing!

P(l)aying the player is about right.

But the parents are the adults in the room. It took me 10 seconds to find the web opinion via some company-could just be a keyboard slouch- for this:

Bronny at $7M?? There should been have been red SKYWRITING saying "This $$ is too good to be true." It was.

He's talented. Hopefully lands in a productive system. No shame in getting a Prius for pops instead of the Lambo.

Reactions: observer22
Hoping Jaden Rashada finds a good college destination for him. Right or wrong, this is a tough way to start a college career.

@Streak One USC (Riley) in area making in house visit to Lyons. Seems like USC and UTAH making big push for Walker.
Washington was on campus at Oak Ridge to look at a couple kids but primarily TE Edwards.

Reactions: MC415
UC Davis coaches were at Del Oro on Wednesday working out QB Caden Pinnick and WR Tommy Poe

I have a feeling he’s going to be 3 college transfer kind of guy when it’s all said and done
NCAA is changing the transfer portal rules. One transfer will be granted without penalty. Moving forward, a second (or more) transfer will not be granted outside of serious extenuating circumstances, to be review, and approved by the NCAA (similar to how it was pre-portal). For 99% of NCAA athletes moving forward, they'll get one transfer opportunity, and that's it.

If the end result is that he's playing on the west coast in the Pac 12, that's kinda cool.

They just signed a 4-5 star, he’s in a tough spot. He’s not beating out Deions son.
There isn’t many options out there right now that doesn’t have a viable candidate that he will need to beat out…ASU where he is visiting and his dad’s alma mater has Drew Pyne transferring in who looked pretty decent for Notre Dame last year as the starter

Do you guys think he’s playing right away regardless of where he goes? I don’t. And he doesn’t seem the type who will work and earn a spot. This merry go round will always be spinning.

I'm sure he would have a chance to compete for a starting spot at ASU. The scouting report on the young coming from ND is that while he is a great leader, his passing ability is not the greatest. Sounds like their will be competition for the qb spot.

I'm sure he would have a chance to compete for a starting spot at ASU. The scouting report on the young coming from ND is that while he is a great leader, his passing ability is not the greatest. Sounds like their will be competition for the qb spot.
Pyne passing ability is subpar ? 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio with a 65% completion is inadequate? Rashada performances in big games was pretty inadequate display of inaccuracies and bad decision making

Reactions: Scoop and Score
Pyne passing ability is subpar ? 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio with a 65% completion is inadequate? Rashada performances in big games was pretty inadequate display of inaccuracies and bad decision making

The knock on Pyne (reported by several publications) is that he cannot throw the ball downfield and doesn't make plays with his feet. Also he is a 5"11 quarterback that has a difficult time seeing over the LOS. Pyne was also told that ND would be going into the Portal to find a QB and that he was not a lock to start in the bowl game, since the original starting qb was now healthy. With all of that stated, Pyne is a proven D1 Quarterback.

I'm not suggesting that Rashada doesn't need improvements or is even the starter, but he is an incoming Freshman with a high ceiling, based on his ranking/evaluation. Maybe Dillingham has plans to mold Rashada.

Keep in mind, Bo Nix rushed for 513 yards in Dillinghams offense. I thought that Rashada was a great runner. Actually wish that he would have run the ball more in HS. When he d

I see ASU, given the coaching change, as an opportunity/fresh start for a lot of athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT