ADVERTISEMENT

Campo hosts College Park (again) first round NCS

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
First of all didn’t there you to be a rule, or at least an unwritten one, that teams in the same league didn’t meet in the first round? Maybe that went away when they split into a zillion divisions…

Anyway, the Cougs face College Park for the third time, having beaten them in the previous two meeting 57-50 and 51-46 (I think).

Right now, it’s halftime of the girls game, div 3 8 and 9 seeds…. Campo is leading 27-14.

Forgot to say who the Campo girls were playing…. it’s Drak… errr, Archie Williams.

42-28 after 3 quarters…. Archie Williams finished on a run, tho…. I think 6-0.

CouGirls hang on, 51-37. They travel to #1 seed Marin Catholic Friday.

Last edited:
On to the boys…. Cougs face College Park, but I said that already. :)

CP is spearheaded by the sharpshooting Miles Smith, scoring at a 15 ppg clip.

Deegan Sullenger leads the Falcons in assists at 4 a game.

Connor Whittles has 12 ppg and 5 rpg.

Here we go…

90 seconds go by before a score, but it’s Mansour…. and he’s fouled. FT nope… 2-0 Cougs.

Marchetti ball fake, drive, fouled on the way. Makes a pair, 4-0 Cougs.

Smith swat leads to a Rendle 3 try…. BOOOOM!!! 7-0, CP calls time, 4:13 left 1st.

Landon Fly drives for 2…. 9-0.

Max Robeson rebound, fouled.. bonus FT’s. both go…. 11-0.

CP Maraino Aarden break the deadlock for CP, 11-2… but the Cougs work for last shot, which Luke Bonardi knocks down! 14-2 after 1 quarter.

Connor Whittles hits a 3 for CP, Rendle with a 2…. 16-5 Cougs, 5:09 left in the half…. first 2.8 minutes of the quarter had no scoring at all. First team to 40 wins…

Mansour fouled driving to the hole, FT’s split. 17-5.

3:38 left…. Marchetti pass to Tim Smith, hook for a score…

Whitlles scores for CP. 19-7…. Great pass to Smith, he’s fouled on the way up…. Makes 1 of 2. 20-7.

Whittles scores…. 20-9.

1:41 left in the half.

Whitlles scores again.. Ren Marchetti score right back.. 22-11.

Marchetti fouls Whittles on the way up.. Makes both. 22-13.

Last shot try by CP’s Miles Smith, nope…

22-13 at the half.

Seems like the Cougs have dominated this game, but they’re up by just 9.

Rendles hits a 3 to start, CP offensive foul.. 25-13.

Sullenger drives after a swat by CP…

fouled, FT’s split. 25-14.

Tim Smith puts back a Rendle miss…. 27-14.

Whittles fouled on the way up…. Makes 2. 27-16.

Mansour with a dazzling move for 2…. 29-16.

Mansour again, 31-16…

Tim Smith fouled now…. FT’s good…. 33-16.

Marcos O’Connel with a putback for CP…. Cougs travel.. CP charge!

Cougs travel again, 3:44 left.

CP’s Sullenger scores, fouled by Mansour.. FT good. 33-21.

Mansour drives, fouled on the way up…. FT’s both good…. 35-21.

Connor Whittles fouled on the way up…. He’s doing everything he can to keep the Falcons in this…. FT’s good. 35-23.

Miles Smith hits a CP 3…. 35-26.

Bonardi fouled, bonus…. Makes one. 36-26. 1:42 left 3rd. Bonardi fouled again, makes one. 37-26.

Mansour gets his 3rd fouled…. Aarden has a pair from the stripe…. misses both.

Inbound to Marchetti, lays it up…. 39-26.

Tim Smith serves up not one but TWO Wisonburgers…. Cougs ball, 20.7 left.

Marchetti fouled, Mike Tofsrud’s 3rd…. Bonus FT’s both good…

Wild play, CP throws wild pass off backboard, Cougs rebounds, unable to score before the buzzer…. 41-26 Cougs after 3 quarters.

7:11 left…

CP’s Tofsrud fouled, FT’s both go. 43-28.

Sullenger with a putback after a Cougs turnover…. CP gets a stop, Whittles fouled, FT’s both good. 43-32.

Max Robeson miss rebound miss rebound rebound again, score!! 45-32. 4:29 left.

Another wild sequence, results in two Tim Smith FT’s…. misses both.

Gavin Rendle nails a corner 3!! Cougs lead 48-34, 3:09 left.

Smith with a great baseline move after a fantastin save by Bonardi…. 50-36. 1:43 left.

Cougs work clock, the Rendle drives and scores…. 52-36.

If there actually WAS a Campo student rooter section here, we’d be hearing: “WARM THE BUS UP!”

Whittles fouls out, he had an incredible game…

Aaaand that’s the ball game.. 52-36 Cougs.

First of all didn’t there you to be a rule, or at least an unwritten one, that teams in the same league didn’t meet in the first round? Maybe that went away when they split into a zillion divisions…

Anyway, the Cougs face College Park for the third time, having beaten them in the previous two meeting 57-50 and 51-46 (I think).

Right now, it’s halftime of the girls game, div 3 8 and 9 seeds…. Campo is leading 27-14.
Why are they doing this ? Travel cost ? This is not good for the sport . Stop doing this !

Why are they doing this ? Travel cost ? This is not good for the sport . Stop doing this !
Liberty Pittsburg ? Why would you do this to both schools ? Those were quality teams that did not need to see each other until semi or championship. Send Pitt on the deep road, let them pay for their 10 seed . It is part of the fun! Let them try to create a moment or story.

Liberty Pittsburg ? Why would you do this to both schools ? Those were quality teams that did not need to see each other until semi or championship. Send Pitt on the deep road, let them pay for their 10 seed . It is part of the fun! Let them try to create a moment or story.
Yeah they had #7 Liberty play #10 Pitt, while #8 played crosstown rival #9 AV in league rematches. They could have easily put Pitt as the 9 seed and AV at 10 to avoid having those league rematches in the 1st round.

Yeah they had #7 Liberty play #10 Pitt, while #8 played crosstown rival #9 AV in league rematches. They could have easily put Pitt as the 9 seed and AV at 10 to avoid having those league rematches in the 1st round.
ticket sales will be far better with pitt vs lib and AV vs the hill

The ticket-sales idea didn't work in Moraga... Gym was 1/3 full at most, no standing rooter sections to speak of...

Then again, I did watch the Pitt-Liberty game online and Liberty's gym looked to be at least 3/4 full.

Playoff attendance has been spotty the last few years, especially in league playoffs or early-round games in the sectionals. I think a lot of that is the large number of school activities this time of year dividing up students, parents, etc. Also, most league passes aren't accepted, further influencing people to choose from all those other things to do.

The ticket-sales idea didn't work in Moraga... Gym was 1/3 full at most, no standing rooter sections to speak of...

Then again, I did watch the Pitt-Liberty game online and Liberty's gym looked to be at least 3/4 full.

Playoff attendance has been spotty the last few years, especially in league playoffs or early-round games in the sectionals. I think a lot of that is the large number of school activities this time of year dividing up students, parents, etc. Also, most league passes aren't accepted, further influencing people to choose from all those other things to do.
i was mainly speaking about the liberty pitt and AV Foothill... those schools draw and sell out.. the schools dont like each other...
college park and campo i imagine dont have that disdain about each other.

i was mainly speaking about the liberty pitt and AV Foothill... those schools draw and sell out.. the schools dont like each other...
college park and campo i imagine dont have that disdain about each other.
The money/ticket sales is the reasoning behind these matchups . From a financial perspective makes sense !

Well, in terms of getting high attendance, only the Liberty-Pitt game had very many in attendance. Just looked at the AV-Foothill game on NFHS, the stands weren't even close to half full... and the same was true at Campo.

So try again, NCS...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT