ADVERTISEMENT

Campo v mighty Salesian for NCS D3 Title

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, here we are... I'm sure exactly ZERO of those who bother with this lil corner of the Internet are in any way surprised I'm here for this game... After all, I am regularly called "Superfan" at Campo home games...

So, my Cougars have a gigantic test ahead of them tonight... The McClanahans and the rest of the undefeated, #3 nationally-ranked Salesian Pride... Gonna be *very* difficult. Salesian is big, fast, shoot it well, play together as a team, and they defend like MANIACS!

(Otherwise, this'll be easy... Yeah, right!)

Last edited:
Oh, just found out Jaden Mclanahan is out... leg injury, happened a couple weeks ago. Well... Like their NCS Honor Coach Mellis says... "Next Pride Up!"

17-9 Salesian after eight minutes... Even though even the Pride failed to stop that baseline inbound to David Ahazie... Man, I'll miss seeing that play next year...

Wow, Salesian is clicking... 23-9. And I don't think the Cougs are playing bad, either.

Campo got in a bit of a run with some "Mahaney Magic" to close to 29-20, but Salesian answered by scoring the last 5 of the half to go up 34-20 into the break. Sometimes, it looks like 5-on-6 when you're up against the Pride...

41-25 Salesian halfway thru the 3rd... Cougs are playing hard, hanging in there.

Campo puts on a nice run! 47-32, under a minute left in the 3rd... Sophomore Emmanuel Callas has had a big quarter...

49-36 to end the quarter... Cougs are playing smart and hard... Most teams would have collapsed into a hot mess by now against this Salesian squad...

64-50, 1:12 to go... A bit of unfortunate drama for Salesian in the last couple minutes... Bell crashed HARD to the floor, possibly on head/neck... Brinkman was in a collision at midcourt just after that, appeared to tweak a leg... but after a break, he's back on the floor.

LL, I agree. And I think this is his best of the many terrific teams he's had. There's some synergy on this team that you rarely see anywhere.

64-53 Salesian, final. Just... ridiculously, incredibly impressive. Now, I zip over for the SJS D1 game, in progress....

It upsets me that California teams aren't allowed to particiapte in the GEICO Nationals!

Would be so awesome to see Salesian get a chance to play at MSG!

Reactions: mansnothot
It upsets me that California teams aren't allowed to particiapte in the GEICO Nationals!

Would be so awesome to see Salesian get a chance to play at MSG!

I was just looking at the GEICO tourney website a night or two ago... They haven't announced their field yet, but yeah, I know CA teams don't participate. Actually, only a few states allow their high-school (nfhs eligible) teams to participate. There have been a number of times over the years that an invited HS team had to turn it down.

Also, they aren't playing it at MSG this year... In previous years, the first round, and I think the second round games, were played at Christ The King HS in NYC before Saturday at MSG. This year, the championship 3rd round is ALSO being played at Christ The King. Looks like MSG is having some big pro rasslin' event that day.

Reactions: ayalar09
What’s interesting about Salesian is this was one of their least heralded teams in the Open era, but could turn out to have the most success in NorCals since the 2012 state title team.

Reactions: ayalar09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT