ADVERTISEMENT

Carondelet 60 San Ramon Valley 57

personalogic

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2003
Just checking last night's box scores with my morning coffee. Did SRV really almost knock off C-let?

Ol' Brick Layer - what the heck went down?

It's why you play the game. SRV played with remarkable intensity, and seemed to have a game plan to over defend C-lets two leading scorers. At times Carondelet forgot that their success hinges on all five girls on the court engaged in the game, so they failed to spread the court and move the ball. That's why they were 15 points below their average.

It also didn't help that C-let was without Sophomore starting wing Briana Simonich and their PG Hughes played with the flu.

I believe Hughes was held to a season low in points until the last minute of the game when she went to the line six times and made 5. I think the score was tied with less than 2 minutes to play, so it was a battle until the end.

For Clet, Junior Vanessa Cruz was a difference maker. She had a career high 20 points.

Some of the worst officiating I've seen in a while, but the calls were bad both ways.

In the end ya gotta give SRV and their new coach credit. They worked very hard and executed their gameplan.

I have seen SRV play a couple of times this season and they are definitely improved. Perimeter shooting is a bit suspect, but they compensate by working the low post pretty well. I see Lincoln went for 20.

You think C-let may also have an issue with defending the paint?

See you at Corner Bakery this evening.

When you average close to 75 points per game, I don't think it's an issue to give up 57. So, while Lincoln had an impressive 20 points, I thought the key to the game was Carondelet getting off track on offense.

When they distribute the ball and work for open shots, their percentages go way up. C-let took too many forced, contested shots.

Lincoln was a factor on defense as well. She blocked several shots.

Interesting. So the probable C-Let vs. Dublin High D2 NCS final could be a good one.

Lots of games must be won in order for that to occur. Look past your immediate competition and you will be on the outside looking in. Almost happened last night in Danville

Brick.....

Normally...99.999% of the time I agree with your comment about looking past teams.

BUT....

This year in the NCS D2 is terrible past Clet and Dublin. One of the worst ever sections.

NO WAY either team loses before the final....even if they get caught looking past an opponent...it just means they only win that game by 15 instead of 30-40.

In fact, mark my words....2nd game of sections in NCS D2...there will be 2 games between 4 not very good teams
and the 2 winners will be guaranteed a norcal spot.

It happened last year.....and THIS year the section is even worse.

This post was edited on 1/24 2:10 PM by northbaybbguru

What about Alameda? They have had pretty solid teams the last four years. Lisa Berthold played with my daughter in AAU and she can be a force.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT