ADVERTISEMENT

CCS D2 Upset...Aragon 72, Valley Christian 68

More and more evidence that there is a shift in the dominance of the WCAL in CCS play vs the public school. Last year SH lost to Monterey. This year VC to Aragon. VC brought in a coach whom many thought would turn the program around and trend it upwards. It didnt happen this year. May not happen at all. VC on the boys side may just be only a football and baseball school. ... and thats totally fine.

The VC Coach has taken them to 2 CCS Title games, won a CCS D2 Title. Reached and won NorCal Playoff game in the last 3 seasons. I think the Program is going in the Right Direction, ask Berkeley High how they are doing since the VC Coach left after taking them to the State Championship gm just a couple of years ago.

Reactions: CoachDblP
The VC Coach has taken them to 2 CCS Title games, won a CCS D2 Title. Reached and won NorCal Playoff game in the last 3 seasons. I think the Program is going in the Right Direction, ask Berkeley High how they are doing since the VC Coach left after taking them to the State Championship gm just a couple of years ago.

CCS titles and NorCal playoff games aren't what they used to be with the CCS Open division and competitive equity. I'm not saying he has done a bad job there, but for a private school playing in the WCAL to win CCS D2 isn't all that difficult. Aim high and win some CCS Open or NorCal D1 games and it would mean more. And, yeah Berkeley misses him big time.

CCS titles and NorCal playoff games aren't what they used to be with the CCS Open division and competitive equity. I'm not saying he has done a bad job there, but for a private school playing in the WCAL to win CCS D2 isn't all that difficult. Aim high and win some CCS Open or NorCal D1 games and it would mean more. And, yeah Berkeley misses him big time.

He won with players the previous staff developed, and did not develop much while he was there. Then got out and left the program poorly managed with a bare cupboard.

Reactions: meezymo

I think this has tremendous weight for hoops only. An Open Division title I would classify that as The WWE Heavyweight Title. Any other lower division title prior to the Open Division being created, I'd call it either the Intercontinental Title or the Tag Team or even the Women's Title :D:p

He won with players the previous staff developed, and did not develop much while he was there. Then got out and left the program poorly managed with a bare cupboard.

The VC Coach developed all the kids for 3 years. They won 22,24 and 23 in his 3 years. Plus the Lower programs won as well so players got developed and helped reach the State Title. When he left there was still talent there so Berkeley was still in solid shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT