ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Tnite

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Holiday schedule hoops. Some great games. I'm not sure some peoples season ends tnite however given "at large" births.
D1
Modesto Christian vs Inderkum - I'm going mild upset here. Inderkum hasn't lost since SRV over a month ago and is playing really well. Big win against WR a few days ago gets them ready for this big matchup. I'm not sold on MC this year after losing so many good players off last years Champ team.

Rocklin Vs Lincoln- Rocklin had a big win over Sheldon but I think Lincoln is going to be too much for the Thunder to handle.

D2
Jesuit vs DO - Jesuit has had the easiest road here and is tough at home. DO squeaked by a scrappy St Mary's to get here. I look for the Mauraders to advance in this one.

Vanden vs CC - Vanden is playing really well and Capital Christian has been pretty inconsistent all year. I think this will be a great game and I can see a last position type win. CC will have home court advantage which could be difference.

D3

I like Sac high over CC and I think Sac high will win NCS.
I'm going upset in the lower bracket game. Christian Brothers goes on the road and beats West Park!

D1-MC is young and this will be a great test. I feel the team is rested as they played 4 games a week for over the last month and a half. If we can hit our shots, we will win. That has been the caveat of us losing to Oakland and Weston Ranch, our shooters not hitting what they usually hit.

Lincoln over Rocklin, the momentum the Trojans are on after ending Monterey Trails season on the road. Zeke Davis, younger brother of BJ Davis now at San Diego State played at MC for 3 years. Lincoln would love to have a chance to match-up with MC for a 3rd time this year. If MC wins SJS and goes Open, then MT will get an at large berth to CIF State D1 playoffs.

D2-Del Oro over Jesuit in overtime, the Eagles are having a phenomenal, season.
Maruders are legit!

Vanden over Capital Christian in perhaps another overtime dandy. Thompson is a beast!!

D3-Central Catholic over Sacramento!!
West Park over Christian Brothers.

D4-Venture Academy over Ripon!!
Union Mine over Natomas.

D5-Ripon Christian over Bradshaw Christian!
Futures over Fortune

D6-Stone Ridge Christian over Sac Waldorf!!
Forest Hill over Valley Christian.

Plenty of great games!

I was going to go to Rocklin, but am laid up with a cold,,, Recovering, but not up to the long drive. At least the accompanying headache is gone (at the moment). Hopefully, I'll be okay for the St. Mary's-USF battle tomorrow.

SJS needs to wake up and get on same page as most of the state. An open division would allow teams like Monterey trail , Sheldon , Weston Ranch to advance to norcal as well as increase the number of teams qualifying.
CCS has a 5th place in league and 10-15 overall Bellarmine , who by the way lost first playoff game by 47, advancing to next round. .

Reactions: ayalar09
SJS needs to wake up and get on same page as most of the state. An open division would allow teams like Monterey trail , Sheldon , Weston Ranch to advance to norcal as well as increase the number of teams qualifying.
CCS has a 5th place in league and 10-15 overall Bellarmine , who by the way lost first playoff game by 47, advancing to next round. .
An Open Division is definitely needed. Not sure if I like the pool play strategy or the loser bracket games more, but whatever the format, Open Divisions are a success

Will work to provide updates on Vanden-Capital Christian. If anyone else is watching games tonight, lets post those updates!

Del Oro leads Jesuit 42-36 at the half

Vanden leads Capital Christian 25-16 Q2

Watching online with this %#?$& cold…

Lincoln leads Rocklin 26-22 with about 5 min left in the half.

36-31 Lincoln at the half.

Thought I hit Enter…. now it’s 44-36 Lincoln

Yet another run, this time Rocklin…. They lead 53-52, end of 3 quarters.

Lincoln gets it done…. They lead 67-62, just a couple seconds left, and they’re at the stripe.

Is it True that Sac and CB will play at 12p on a Wednesday at Golden One?

Girls play at 10, 2, & 6pm, boys at noon, 4 & 8pm. Kings are home on Thursday & Madonna concert on the weekend forced the Wednesday matchups. Lower divisions play at UCD on Friday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT