ADVERTISEMENT

Central at Oak Ridge D1AA NorCal game

Lamson is very good. I think what I liked the most in preparing against him was his toughness. You can tell he was a linebacker at one point. He will play college football. He is good QB, and he even has the size to be a LB as well at the next level. I am sure he will have options. He has some very good skill guys he gets the ball to as well. Jacobs was as athletic as anybody on our team, and the most athletic player we faced this year. #3 was very talented. #8 is the real deal as a Hback. The oline has college level size in 71 and 75 etc. #6 was hurt but on the films we had he can play. Best of luck to Trojans. I think they have a shot of beating anybody they face. I don't know anything about Central but it should be a great game.

Lamson has yet to receive any offers, but by March 1 he will have several. Good grades, good size, decent speed, +arm strength, tough as hell, competitor.

And to the guy barking about Butch Cattolico: Give it a rest. I’m too lazy to look it up, but my guess is that since the WCAL really started to flex their muscles (let’s say 1990) Butch easily had more wins vs WCAL teams than any other public school coach. I think LG played either St. Francis or Mitty in pre-season each of his last 14 years and squared off with SF (3x), Mitty (once), SI (3x), VC (once) and Palma (once...non WCAL) in the playoffs during that span. 5 kids in that span made it to the NFL and others played at Stanford, Cal, Oregon, SD State, Arizona St, Northern Ariz, Idaho St, Harvard, Cal Poly, Colorado, Portland St, Wazzu as well as several D3 guys. Many former players are doctors, dentists, attorneys (even a judge). Any community would be blessed to have a coach as knowledgeable and dedicated as Butch.

Lamson got offer from Idaho per twitter. Let the flood gates open.

Yeah, I was just going to post the same. Saw confirmation on twitter.

Color me surprised it took this long. Also can’t believe a rival BSC team beat Sac State to the punch with the offer, not that it’s really going to matter. Just kind of the principal of it, since he’s in their backyard.

Reactions: THEOC89
I haven't seen either team in person but I've watched both teams on YouTube and I'll say this;Central seems to have a ton of athletes. Big, fast , athletic team. Big receivers with speed and wiggle who are going to be a real problem in space to defend.OR needs to keep everything in front of them defensively, and I'd suggest zone coverages in the secondary.I was impressed with what I saw of Central on film. Huge challenge for OR

I think weather will greatly help OR tnite. It could really help negate some of the athletic receivers and there QB ability to get them the ball. (I’m hoping). Heard central is bringing 1000+ to the game. Love the school spirit and can’t wait.

Reactions: Santa Ball and remc
Both teams came out swinging, racing to a 21-18 OR 1st qtr score, however both staffs made adjustments and slowed the game down a bit. Central is a very good program. As advertised, they had athletes, but make no mistake about it, they are well coached. They played a mistake-free game. I wish them good fortune down south, they earned it!
Unfortunately, we had a few miscues. The obvious two plays (kickoff return and pick 6) killed us. I can break down this game, but would good is that at this point. The bottom line is the CIF picked these two teams to play one helluva game. I know Serra should be in the equation with Central and Oak Ridge, however our current system doesn’t let it all unfold on the field. Last nights game displayed equal programs, which left one standing barely over the other. With regards to Serra, assumptions and opinions will continue on without the opportunity to settle it on the field with Central or Oak Ridge..I look forward to watching them in their game today.
With regards to our team, I felt we represented the SJS and the SFL well. After last night, can’t lose sight that we are the D1 SJS champs defeating very good teams along the way, and for that I am grateful. I will miss the seniors from this team. #2 Avant Jacobs will be hard to replace next season as he is arguably one the best players in NorCal. We have 8 defensive starters and 6 offensive starters returning, so we will set are goals accordingly with this experience. Good luck to the NorCal teams!

Reactions: THEOC89
Both teams came out swinging, racing to a 21-18 OR 1st qtr score, however both staffs made adjustments and slowed the game down a bit. Central is a very good program. As advertised, they had athletes, but make no mistake about it, they are well coached. They played a mistake-free game. I wish them good fortune down south, they earned it!
Unfortunately, we had a few miscues. The obvious two plays (kickoff return and pick 6) killed us. I can break down this game, but would good is that at this point. The bottom line is the CIF picked these two teams to play one helluva game. I know Serra should be in the equation with Central and Oak Ridge, however our current system doesn’t let it all unfold on the field. Last nights game displayed equal programs, which left one standing barely over the other. With regards to Serra, assumptions and opinions will continue on without the opportunity to settle it on the field with Central or Oak Ridge..I look forward to watching them in their game today.
With regards to our team, I felt we represented the SJS and the SFL well. After last night, can’t lose sight that we are the D1 SJS champs defeating very good teams along the way, and for that I am grateful. I will miss the seniors from this team. #2 Avant Jacobs will be hard to replace next season as he is arguably one the best players in NorCal. We have 8 defensive starters and 6 offensive starters returning, so we will set are goals accordingly with this experience. Good luck to the NorCal teams!

It was a pleasure following this team. Last night at OR was special. Two outstanding teams. Oak Ridge was right their. Only thing I would have changed was kicking game. I wouldn’t have kicked to any of those kids after a Score. Too electric. I wouldn’t be surprised if #1 and #3 are both 10.4-10.5 100m Guys.

#6 was one of the better LB’s I’ve seen all year as well.

Congrats on a great year. Lamson recruiting will blow up this summer.

Good for Central. Such a good program. OR was solid this year as well. But as I reflect, this game makes me appreciate last year's game when the Folsom kids put up 80 on Central. You just don't see 80 points scored in that game very often. That was a very special team at Folsom. I don't think that will be replicated for quite some time.

One of the really great ingredients that makes this forum such a tasty cauldron of satisfying stew (amidst a wider cyberverse that often can serve up bowls of snot and vitriol), are posts which are so dang thoughtful and keep things in perspective, such as the ones about Oak Ridge and Central on this thread by larry legend, MCIC, remc and others which balance opinion and fact with measures of sincerity, pinches of humility and dashes of credit when real credit is due. Yeh, at times many here can be a-wholes (including moi), all of which had its charm and place on the menu, but ‘tis always a savory read when denizens of this deep rise like sweet cream and lay down platters of posts filled with gourmet treats. Burp. Yes. But such a satisfying one. Thanks, guys. Muds

Good for Central. Such a good program. OR was solid this year as well. But as I reflect, this game makes me appreciate last year's game when the Folsom kids put up 80 on Central. You just don't see 80 points scored in that game very often. That was a very special team at Folsom. I don't think that will be replicated for quite some time.

Central is a very good team. So is OR.

And you’re right. Folsom’s all star team was on a completely different level. That particular team could have put up 80 on both teams last night.

One of the really great ingredients that makes this forum such a tasty cauldron of satisfying stew (amidst a wider cyberverse that often can serve up bowls of snot and vitriol), are posts which are so dang thoughtful and keep things in perspective, such as the ones about Oak Ridge and Central on this thread by larry legend, MCIC, remc and others which balance opinion and fact with measures of sincerity, pinches of humility and dashes of credit when real credit is due. Yeh, at times many here can be a-wholes (including moi), all of which had its charm and place on the menu, but ‘tis always a savory read when denizens of this deep rise like sweet cream and lay down platters of posts filled with gourmet treats. Burp. Yes. But such a satisfying one. Thanks, guys. Muds

Thanks muds. We all have a passion for the kids. And much credit to all those who got to play in this game. It will be a positive memory for a lifetime because both teams/coaches laid it all on the line. That is all you can ask. It was a very high level HS game. I’m pulling for those central kids. Would love to see them with the title.

Reactions: remc
I am glad someone said it. Undisciplined teams do not do what they have done the last 4 years. Coach Biggs came in and put the fear in all the talent that has been at central for years. The parents kept quiet and the kids bought in.

Reactions: RidgeRider
You don’t see it cause teams don’t try to score 80 but Folsom

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT