ADVERTISEMENT

Chino Hills Fires Basketball Coach!

Nov 15, 2014
After going 30-3 in his first season, Chino Hills fires their basketball coach. You've probably heard Lavar Ball was giving instructions to the team from stands during playoffs last year that contradicted what their coach was instructing them to do at the same time.

After being eliminated from playoffs, Ball said he would remove his son from school since he didn't agree with coaching decisions. Now the coach is fired and Ball says he had no idea and had nothing to do with it. WOW!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stephan-gilling-after-feuding-with-lavar-ball

Just one year removed from the National Champ coach leaving. Is anyone surprised.

Lavar is becoming his own and his kids' worst enemy. Shoe companies are steering FAR clear of Lonzo at the moment dues to Lavar's insistence on the "Big Baller Brand" being part of a huge show deal package including ALL the Ball kids. Now I see this...

Hope he doesn't wreck their careers.

Hey, Lavar... Can you say Marv Marinovich?

Lavar is becoming his own and his kids' worst enemy. Shoe companies are steering FAR clear of Lonzo at the moment dues to Lavar's insistence on the "Big Baller Brand" being part of a huge show deal package including ALL the Ball kids. Now I see this...

Hope he doesn't wreck their careers.

Hey, Lavar... Can you say Marv Marinovich?
Don't think thats a fair kidman32.. Lonzo is a guaranteed Top 3 Pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. Years ago people said his kid would not go to a High Major School if he didn't play for a sponsored AAU Team. Lavar stood tall and the kid played local. Not only did Lonzo go to UCLA, his younger brother is on his way. You may not agree with Lavar, (Neither Do I) but, to pass judgement on a father who has done nothing but improve his kids lives and put them in positions to succeed is wrong! As far as the shoe companies, of course they said NO.

I agree to a point about LaVar having helped his kids get into a great situation (so far). I even liked his brash ways for a long time, until he started bragging about his own game (said he could have whipped MJ one-on-one, etc.) and also saying Lonzo was already the best, saying that he's better NOW than Steph Curry, etc.

But he has wayyy overstepped his bounds now, and it could really hurt his extremely talented kids' future if he doesn't cool his jets.

Lonzo and his brothers need to take Dad aside for a little talk. Enough is enough.

After going 30-3 in his first season, Chino Hills fires their basketball coach. You've probably heard Lavar Ball was giving instructions to the team from stands during playoffs last year that contradicted what their coach was instructing them to do at the same time.

After being eliminated from playoffs, Ball said he would remove his son from school since he didn't agree with coaching decisions. Now the coach is fired and Ball says he had no idea and had nothing to do with it. WOW!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...stephan-gilling-after-feuding-with-lavar-ball

It could be Gilling will not coach CH last year, but after reading two reports on this, there is nothing to indicate that he definitely will not be back. Many schools advertise their positions as a matter of rule, especially when an off-campus school is involved. That's to satisfy the so-called Rialto Rule, which is a hiring preference for qualified certificated personnel over off-campus coaches. I think that's all that's happened here -- Chino Hills has advertised the position. The high school in the town where I lived last year habitually advertised every coaching position in every sport all year long. In neither of the stories I read on Gilling, did anyone from the school or Gilling say he was fired. Hmmm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT