ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Rashada on the move in the Portal

It’s pretty self explanatory unless you benefit from it. In other words if you have a victimhood chip you probably benefit from what I’m referring to

no it isn't. because they provide value to the athletic department that is much much greater in terms of dollars than the price of tuition, board, and per diem. they deserve to be paid a fair percentage of the revenue they generate for the school's athletic department. if that is greater than the price of tuition, room and board, they deserve the extra compensation.

especially in cases like these. remember this qb only has a couple years of college to cash out as much as he can, as he is not going to be in the nfl.

imagine your on your job and get your company a $10 million business deal. the deal closes and you ask for a $100,000 bonus as a reward for getting the company $10 million.

company says "we already pay your mortgage isn't that enough?"

you would leave that job immediately.
First, I do agree kids should try to get their money - although the way NIL works today is NOT the original intent. Name, Image and Likeness was originally a group of former athletes going after income they felt (rightfully) earned off their personal likeness (see Ed Obannon and EASports). Now it’s simply the Wild West and kids taking cash/perks from the highest bidder. Their actual name, imagine or likeness has NOTHING to do with it.

For the record, your “10M” business example is a terrible comparison. In your example, a business person would rightfully expect a bonus (or a cut) for actually earning revenue for his company. He helped make them make money, so he/she deserve a cut of said revenue. Also, I’d expect a business person would have a contract outlining what he was owed.

Now we’ve got kids expecting cash UP front, not based on earning a single thing for the schools. How about we pay the kids for wins, bowl appearances, and statistical achievements. That’s more like business.

If Sluka was given a false verbal promise, that sucks. But if he is truly worth “$100k”, he’ll get it elsewhere. My guess, he fade off into the sunset and we don’t hear much from him again. Sounds like his team closed the door on him real quick, so maybe his assessment of his value is far from true value.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT