ADVERTISEMENT

CIF-SS Polls 1/28/19 Last Poll before Open is announced Sunday at Noon

https://cifss.org/sports/girls-basketball/polls/

SC wins at Windward and RU puts them way ahead of the the rest of the field...

Windward really IMO was the only real top 10 team S.C. beat. And not to take anything away from Clovis West ( another good team maybe not a top 10 team) beat Windward too. Neither team beat Windward in the mist of playing 4 tough games back to back on the road with much of the national media watching. So to place S.C. #1 when they haven't weathered the storms teams like Centennial, New Hope, St. Johns, MCD, Windward, and perhaps a few others had to go through just IMO isn't as convincing. The good thing is the California Open Division state championship is in place to give S.C. a better final test to see if they deserve to be ranked in the top 5. They will get a challenge from SoCal teams and then if they get through that they have to face the Norcal champ in the state championship. So at least there is a form of checks and balances in place for S.C. If they get through that I think I'll be convinced. Meanwhile BM will get another crack or two at St. Johns. It's always hard to beat a good team 3 straight. I still think Centennial might beat the field in a end of the season national championship. However, any good and well coached team can beat just about any other team on the same level.

Last edited:
I was impressed they way they went to RU and just destroyed them by 22....
just destroyed them....the game with Mitty in the finals would really be something

Reactions: Paytc
Centennial's coach sounds like something....why in the world would you show up late to practice....or anything she sets up
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/nov/29/high-school-girls-basketball-coach-is-scary-but-ca/

Need we say more...
20151117_Sunday_HS_Girls_Basketball_LE16_t653.jpg

I was impressed they way they went to RU and just destroyed them by 22....
just destroyed them....the game with Mitty in the finals would really be something

In all fairness I haven't seen them play. They're probably really good like they were when I saw them about 3 years ago. Perhaps both Mitty and SC are the favorites but neither better make reservations before they put the work in to get there. Because there will be a few teams with a championship desire besides just Mitty and S.C.

It would be nice to see Haley Jones win state before heading off to Stanford. But of course I have to pull for CLet. I hope a Norcal team can bring it home this season since Socal won it last year.

Just recently saw SC destroy Brentwood but that was no contest
they were just toying with them...and of course just recently saw Centennial destroy Sacramento....again no contest...
A better sense was the highlites from the Centennial vs Windward game....
including the early part where Osborne goes down after that collision
see here...

Just recently saw SC destroy Brentwood but that was no contest
they were just toying with them...and of course just recently saw Centennial destroy Sacramento....again no contest...
A better sense was the highlites from the Centennial vs Windward game....
including the early part where Osborne goes down after that collision
see here...

I just noticed SC had a handful of trouble beating Chaminade as the score was only about a 5 point difference with about 40 seconds left. And Chaminade isn't as good as they have been in years past. I will say SC has good size and two very solid guards that play hard and smart. They are tough, use fakes, and their bodies very well. But I'm not sold on them being able to run the table. But they are a good team so they've got a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT