ADVERTISEMENT

City schools

Calispectator

Superstar
May 26, 2017
I’m hearing not so good news about what SI has returning, also rumor is SHC isn’t haven’t a jv team and majority of the team are soph and Riordan has a lot of people transferring out of there

I’m hearing not so good news about what SI has returning, also rumor is SHC isn’t haven’t a jv team and majority of the team are soph and Riordan has a lot of people transferring out of there
What did you hear about SI?
I know SHC doesn't have a JV team this season. I haven't heard anything official yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: mansnothot
Cali, please don’t spew hearsay about SI SHC and Riordan. Confirm your facts. All appears well on Phelan Ave. err Frida Kahlo Way. Lol Coach Morris and staff getting the Crusaders ready for the WCAL grind! Good to see the Linemen (including many underclassmen) putting in their summer work @ the recent camps and Skills players competing in the Bay Area passing tournaments (TN and Palo Alto).

"

Last edited:
Riordan will be good this year. No one is leaving.
A lot of people left actually, Daniel Camacho transferred to Jeff, Louie Mezie isn’t playing this yr, 2 of their Sophs that were on vars transferred out, and a lot of the good jv players either quit or transferred out not to mention a lot of the starters last yr were seniors

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I believe that was last season’s Frosh starting QB in the clip above. The other frosh qb played JVs. I understand last seasons soph qb who was out last year also returns. Will be interesting what the official rosters look like once the season starts.
Last seasons frosh had a competitive season but I guess the JVs will have a bye Oct 19th.

Last edited:
A lot of people left actually, Daniel Camacho transferred to Jeff, Louie Mezie isn’t playing this yr, 2 of their Sophs that were on vars transferred out, and a lot of the good jv players either quit or transferred out not to mention a lot of the starters last yr were seniors
Let me answer this point by point.
Camacho was hurt in the first game last year, he never returned. Also he didn’t transfer. Figure it out
Louie Mezie is not playing but he too has been hurt every year he played. He is replaceable.
The seniors from last year notwithstanding Lasa are replaceable as well.
The 2 Sophs who you say transferred out did so at the beginning of last year which means they did not play at riordan last season. They are seniors this season. They didn’t leave due to a football related issue. Figure it out.
The footage you reference above is from the very first 7 on 7 game. That was an incoming soph who started on the Frosh team last year

Riordan defeated MA
They have beaten and competed with everyone this summer including PA Menlo, Serra and the rest.

If you don’t believe me ask those teams followers or coaches.

Reactions: jordan24
Camacho was hurt in the first game last year, he never returned. Also he didn’t transfer. Figure it out
Louie Mezie is not playing but he too has been hurt every year he played. He is replaceable.
The 2 Sophs who you say transferred out did so at the beginning of last year which means they did not play at riordan last season. They are seniors this season. They didn’t leave due to a football related issue. Figure it out.
The footage you reference above is from the very first 7 on 7 game. That was an incoming soph who started on the Frosh team last year

Riordan defeated MA
They have beaten and competed with everyone this summer including PA Menlo, Serra and the rest.

The two sophs im refereeing to are Tim Bryning and Emil N

Riordan defeated MA

Also look at the players that are replacing the players you call replaceable... do you really believe that they can do a better job when some of them haven’t done so well on the lower levels or have that much playing time. I’m just saying Riordan has lost so many players the past couple yrs and they don’t find this a problem?? It’s kinda more sad to hear tbh

Also look at the players that are replacing the players you call replaceable... do you really believe that they can do a better job when some of them haven’t done so well on the lower levels or have that much playing time. I’m just saying Riordan has lost so many players the past couple yrs and they don’t find this a problem?? It’s kinda more sad to hear tbh
I don't know why this guy has chosen to attack Riordan as they have very healthy roster sizes for this upcoming year. It's actually a bit juvenile. Especially when there is a WCAL team with major participation issues so bad they had to eliminate the JV team for part of last year and all of this year while moving all the remaining sophs up to varsity. Schools can't help if the families of students and coaches have to move due to sky high housing costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDNA and jordan24

Those guys were not going to start st best they are practice players or special team players.
Jelani & Chimay are basketball players who played football last year
It was obvious to everyone it was st best a 1 and done thing especially for jelani.
Trust me they will be missed but they have been replaced with guys committed to playing football. That alone makes a big difference.

One thing you don’t know and will never know is the spirit and determination of this group. The future is bright for this program, will they compete, absolutely yes.

Those guys were not going to start st best they are practice players or special team players.
Jelani & Chimay are basketball players who played football last year
It was obvious to everyone it was st best a 1 and done thing especially for jelani.
Trust me they will be missed but they have been replaced with guys committed to playing football. That alone makes a big difference.

One thing you don’t know and will never know is the spirit and determination of this group. The future is bright for this program, will they compete, absolutely yes.
Since you know a lot about this team who should we keep eyes on for this upcoming season?

Rabbit5, i wouldn't engage this Calispectator. He obviously has an agenda and nothing good can come from it. Strange for someone to feel the need to bash kids and the SF Catholic schools.

I think with the city private schools (unlike say the city or even peninsula public schools)it comes down to priorities.

Public schools are extremely limited in terms of how much they can “think outside the box” to turn around a struggling program and get the numbers up. They can hire a good coach and improve the training, maybe the image of the program, but that’s it.

Serra was an average to bad WCAL program for a long time before Walsh showed up. And he is an excellent coach. However, the day he walked in the school made a very intentional push to bring in better players (which is ultimately what got it turned around.) That’s a truth many don’t want to hear but that’s what happened.

So if SHC or any other private institution decided from one day to the next that winning football games was a priority, and made an intentional push to bring in better players (which costs money) they could improve rather quickly. So it’s an administrative choice in my humble opinion.

Reactions: OneDNA and rabbit5
Discounting former coach Jesse Freitas who went 102-49-3 overall and won 7 league titles and had one NorCal No. 1 ranking before 1975, Serra was mostly .500 from '75 through 2001. Nick Carboni had a 56-54-3 record (.509), Dave Sugar was 13-15 (.464) and Tom MacKenzie was 58-52-1 with one CCS title.

Calispector,

I have been reading your post with some interest. Not believing a word, but not having anything to contradict.

Well, I visited Riordan on Thursday and questioned the new AD, HC and OC. I will have to say in fair balance, I may be s little bias. But the following is what a researched:

Rabbit 5 was correct, the transfers were welcomed. Truly a tale of addition by subtraction. The new system adapted of combining practices will promote consistency throughout program.
Visited 7on7 JV at TN and saw the lead QB easislly check down on receivers until he found open man. Varsity QB does this even better.

I know posters like "Calispector" enjoys throwing shade at Riordan. But the reality he shares are very incorrect.

WCAL FB 2018: Calispector = troll

Calispector,

I have been reading your post with some interest. Not believing a word, but not having anything to contradict.

Well, I visited Riordan on Thursday and questioned the new AD, HC and OC. I will have to say in fair balance, I may be s little bias. But the following is what a researched:

Rabbit 5 was correct, the transfers were welcomed. Truly a tale of addition by subtraction. The new system adapted of combining practices will promote consistency throughout program.
Visited 7on7 JV at TN and saw the lead QB easislly check down on receivers until he found open man. Varsity QB does this even better.

I know posters like "Calispector" enjoys throwing shade at Riordan. But the reality he shares are very incorrect.

SFCity Fan, thanks for actually visiting the program and talking with the staff! Who is the new OC taking on the role for the departed Darius Bell?
Yes. Riordan has seen some kids transfer out for different reasons (as do many of the WCAL schools), but at the same time, there have been kids transferring in. (I.e. 3 football players last year transferred in-incl one from a rival SF school) You will most likely see this continue...

Last edited:
Reactions: Serrapadre13
I do believe the OC will be shared by Curtin & Jones. No disrespect to last year, but I truly feel the "black hole" was offense last year. Inconsistant in that things were not set up for development and predictable in the sense that when Riordan got behind,the same long short plays were thrown up. I also believe there was s addition to substraction at that level also.

Last edited:
As usual a Serrapadre13 makes an obvious statement. I love the assessment skills from the south

Seriously, Serra sets a standard Riordan appreciate the support

Jordan24,

I think you are absolutely right, transfers happen. I am actually glad that student are not stuck where their not going to play or the opposite. Being in a program that is not willing to create s culture of winning, I think the most recent example of that approach is just not having a team to compete.

I do want to make an I nteresting point. Their are many posters in the city that have talked about the fall of interest enrollment into FB. I don't hear that mantra this year? Is it because SI having a field and Riordan has one well on the way. The paradymn has started to shift perceived academics for SI and perceived athletics for Riordan and the hope of legacy SHC. I can live with that

Last edited:
Calispector,

I know young men from all 3 city programs, but my focus naturally is on Riordan. Posting irresponsibly by calispector puzzles me because what is his motivation?

Rabbit 5,

Being an idiot is not exclusive to being in the WH, posters or people like Calispector who truly initiate "Fake News". It gives them perceived value.

Last edited:
Irish,

That is not political, it is an acceptable well known reference. Now what is your point caller? Click....

Well ok I actually hope the best for Riordan but I just think that they could have been a lot better if kids stayed there instead of transferring and that’s kind of a problem that the school seems to ignore

Calispector,

The fact that you miss the "Red Barn" ( Or should I say the purple & gold house) on the north side of Phelan as you do the original version of Henny Penny.

As I have actually visited Wt. Trianing, 7 on 7 scrimmages and spring workouts. All of the information you have been contributing on Riordan has been "Fake News". Other posters reported back to you that addition by subtraction benefited the 2018 FB program on both player and coaching levels. They seem to have more qualified insights and provide more actuate information. But you want to promote a problem that only lies in Btwn. your ears.

It is to early to project for me, but the future is bright on Phelan. With field next year, coaches locked in for today and tomorrow. I predict some titles....

Reactions: rabbit5
Well ok I actually hope the best for Riordan but I just think that they could have been a lot better if kids stayed there instead of transferring and that’s kind of a problem that the school seems to ignore
SMH
I don’t think you know anything that is going on at Riordan. To make a statement like that proves my point.
I don’t know of one transfer that left the school due to football. I know some left because of tuition issues and I don’t call it a transfer when the person is asked to leave.
Now for the present team, and more spefically the seniors, they are working extremely hard in the weight room and have been for the past several years, the payoff is showing. The team will surprise this year and build the foundation for the future, where championships will be won. I like it and I hear the players talk about it, the team is showing a quiet confidence not seen in the past few years This is a close knit team and the coaches and the senior leadership should be given credit.

Last edited:
Now now now we can not refer to it as Phelan anymore due to the racist past. We must now refer to ot as FRIDA CAHLO WAY as approved by the Board of Supervisor a few weeks back.....

WOW,

The "Hatoraide" to diversity is not shy on showing thier hoods or board names, but not faces anymore. I gues these rivalries take a new meaning.

Do you think you should rattle the cage...

SF is a sanctuary city = Wakanda 4 ever

We Are One...Riordan

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDNA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT