ADVERTISEMENT

CK McClatchy transfer

Nov 20, 2015
On Cal Hi Sports and Sportstars online, both are report that Courtesy Clark from Sac High now plays for McClatchy? Is she sitting or playing immediately? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Clark play for Stockton Mustangs this summer and isn't one of the CKM coaches Coach Que, who coaches Stockton Mustangs?
Jordan Cruz and the Wong sisters were on that team as well.

I thought if you moved to a school where your AAU coach was a present or past coach, as well as playing with players from your AAU team. I know I saw Courtesy, Cruz and other players playing for Stockton Mustangs against NW Blazers at the End of the Trail tournament.

If your move is athletically motivated, don't you have to sit for the year, or did the rule change?

here is the game vs. NW Blazers from the summer
http://dinfoba.wix.com/ba-1#!stockton-mustangs-vs-nw-blazers/c1b4q

Clark is eligible after the sit-out period, according to her coach.

She's not the only one. Another girl transferred to the school where her club coach for the last five years is the head coach, and since she moved, apparently that was enough to make her eligible right away.

I don't think consistency is a strong point in these kinds of rulings.

I don't think Que is at McClatchy anymore.....as far as I know he is the assistant at American River now.
Is there someone else associated with the mustangs on the McC staff?
Is Que still involved and helping out when he has time at McC?

and honestly I don't know the answer to those questions...

So if she did play for the mustangs, shouldn't she be eligible after 30 days?

One year, if you transfer to a high school where your aau coach is and u played for that coach 24 months prior. This is a state rule and trumps all other scenarios. Moving or whatever.

One year, if you transfer to a high school where your aau coach is and u played for that coach 24 months prior. This is a state rule and trumps all other scenarios. Moving or whatever.

Actually, it doesn't look like it does. I know of one case where that has not happened.

That said, I think the girl should be able to play, and you should be able to transfer wherever you want at the start of a school year and be eligible immediately. Families should be able to make decisions about what's best for their children.

In addition, as the case I'm referring to shows, and the many transfers that do occur, it's not as if schools aren't recruiting and bringing in talent every year (recruiting eighth graders is pretty much completely unsupervised), so why penalize those families that can't manipulate the system because they lack the knowhow, the finances or simply the realization that it can be done?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT