ADVERTISEMENT

Clayton Valley Charter 2022 Schedule

New head coach at CVC in 2022 as well. Nick Tisa takes over this season after co-head coaching with long time head coach Tim Murphy last season.

Reactions: concrete17
New head coach at CVC in 2022 as well. Nick Tisa takes over this season after co-head coaching with long time head coach Tim Murphy last season.
I thought I read somewhere Murphy was coming back? Had changed his mind Like mid season.

They have 2 win canyon springs and 4 win Turlock on that schedule. But at least they didn’t book Stellar Prep who is like D5 or something.
Turlock typically isn’t a 4 win team I’ll call that an aberration for this year……I think overall that’s a pretty legit schedule

Turlock typically isn’t a 4 win team I’ll call that an aberration for this year……I think overall that’s a pretty legit schedule
Fair enough. I think it’s along the lines of what is expected from the program. I don’t view it as a schedule that truly challenges a team that wants to compete with elite D1 or open teams.

Reactions: MC415
but they were. and in a weak conference. predicting they will be much better with the same cast of teens... i dont know about that. these are kids

Reactions: bella123
I thought I read somewhere Murphy was coming back? Had changed his mind Like mid season.
Maybe he's hanging around in a different capacity.
When CVC came to DLS I joked with Murphy about rumors that he was being courted by USC for their then coaching opening as he was walking onto O-O Field with his coaches. He stopped, shook hands and said "No Way! That he was planning on being around and that he still wouldn't buy one of the Game Programs (an ongoing joke with the various visiting coaches)

I heard the same. Apparently going to stay on to help funnel Tisa to be the next head coach.
It’s strange because Tisa was already Co-head coach whatever that really means. And I thought it was already decided he was taking over to be the head coach, so who knows? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere Murphy was definitely coming back however.

It’s strange because Tisa was already Co-head coach whatever that really means. And I thought it was already decided he was taking over to be the head coach, so who knows? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere Murphy was definitely coming back however.
Yup pretty sure I read the same thing

yeah I’m not a Turlock expert so yeah that’s possible to
This year's season for Turlock was an aberration in my opinion. They lost some key players from the spring season and the starting quarterback for several games. Their out of conference schedule was a killer with Rocklin, Clayton Valley, Bullard, Manteca, and Clovis West, their only win. They lost conference games for the first time since 2015. The two-year starting quarterback and top runner with over 1,000 yards will be back, and the JV teams from the previous two years, which would make up the varsity, lost maybe one or two games over that time. Their strength is in line play on both sides of the ball and if that plays out they will be tough. Enough to at least give CVC a battle. Turlock has aggressively scheduled tough OOC teams to prepare for the playoffs as the league has been weak for years. Maybe they'll back off slightly as Downey showed some life this year but unless there is some dramatic drop-off they should just reload each year. Because of their size they have to play in the SJS Div. 1 playoffs and most years they can get by the first round but they haven't had the the horses so far to get past the second.

I think Murphy is staying on and running the offense and Tisa is handling the defense. I wonder if this sort of arrangement would help prevent burnout for other coaches. Probably have to have the right mix of experience and temperment to pull it off

Tisa has been a head coach before. He was at Dougherty Valley for a couple of seasons before joining CVC.

I think Murphy is staying on and running the offense and Tisa is handling the defense. I wonder if this sort of arrangement would help prevent burnout for other coaches. Probably have to have the right mix of experience and temperment to pull it off
Easier to tag team the Refs at game time and a united front for the DaddyBall ambushes, either of which must make coaching feel like a free trip to Dizzy-nee Land.

Last edited:
Girls hoops too.

Tisa has a good resume. Initial tutelage under Sanchez at Cal, followed by the dLS alum who "resigned" a few years back. And I think he took the DoV job as Head so he could meld the underdog persona with the open boundary a Charter enjoys. Those three factors are in his destiny. BTW, Ladouceur roamed OO for a few years while still on campus.

Head coaches (schools) know about lightning in a bottle. Until this year, most thought the window had closed for yet another generation.
Alas, it did not.

Agreed. Turlock is pretty solid program and took us out a couple of seasons ago. Nice folks running the program and they had a few really good players when we played them in the D1 playoffs. This year they were a bit down.

Girls hoops too.

Tisa has a good resume. Initial tutelage under Sanchez at Cal, followed by the dLS alum who "resigned" a few years back. And I think he took the DoV job as Head so he could meld the underdog persona with the open boundary a Charter enjoys. Those three factors are in his destiny. BTW, Ladouceur roamed OO for a few years while still on campus.

Head coaches (schools) know about lightning in a bottle. Until this year, most thought the window had closed for yet another generation.
Alas, it did not.
Have zero clue about Tisa so I looked at his resume from DV. He went 14-48 overall with one winning season at 6-5. That is not quite a “good resume” as you say, either way I wish him/them the best. It is a program that given what they have seems to under achieve.

Have zero clue about Tisa so I looked at his resume from DV. He went 14-48 overall with one winning season at 6-5. That is not quite a “good resume” as you say, either way I wish him/them the best. It is a program that given what they have seems to under achieve.
The point is without adversity how does one grow as a person. The clue was Dougherty Valley's demographics. And he's a pretty good guy. One reason he took the DoVal job is Principal (at the time) Kravitz has a NCS resume even the myopic would see. Being mentored by superior individuals is a big win.

The point is without adversity how does one grow as a person. The clue was Dougherty Valley's demographics. And he's a pretty good guy. One reason he took the DoVal job is Principal (at the time) Kravitz has a NCS resume even the myopic would see. Being mentored by superior individuals is a big win.
Point is coaches are judged by wins n losses that is their resume. As mentioned I know nothing about the guy and have never talked to him. I wish him the best here, he has a dream situation for a HS coach.

Point is coaches are judged by wins n losses that is their resume. As mentioned I know nothing about the guy and have never talked to him. I wish him the best here, he has a dream situation for a HS coach.
Sounds like a SoCal disposition, LOL. With ignorance of Dougherty Valley, may I suggest researching the NMS Winners for NorCal.

There's destiny (to simplify, it's called "a plan") and then resume. Based on #24 how did he get "the dream situation?"

Sounds like a SoCal disposition, LOL. With ignorance of Dougherty Valley, may I suggest researching the NMS Winners for NorCal.

There's destiny (to simplify, it's called "a plan") and then resume. Based on #24 how did he get "the dream situation?"
If asking about National Merit scholars and DV as being a reason they don’t excel in football I’m not sure they produce more than MV who does fairly well on the gridiron. And I well aware about DV not being very good in football as by my sarcastic comment earlier about the program. And for what it’s worth don’t care how he got the dream situation but if I had to guess 1. He has been on staff with CV for a couple years. 2. He also is a teacher at CV when most on staff aren’ as far as I know. 3. Rumors of Murphy leaving either being pushed out or stepping aside seem to pop up every year. 4. Seems like obvious replacement would be a teacher who is already on staff. 5. Those are all just guesses on my part but you asked so I gave it my best shot.

5 vs. 1

Some info to enlighten those not from the Bay: DoVal is super academic with a demographic being >60% Silicon Valley Dual incomes. MV has a good academic standing, yet it pales to DoV where the average Sr GPA is 4.4. That's a lot of APs....

But it's nice to wish him well

5 vs. 1

Some info to enlighten those not from the Bay: DoVal is super academic with a demographic being >60% Silicon Valley Dual incomes. MV has a good academic standing, yet it pales to DoV where the average Sr GPA is 4.4. That's a lot of APs....

But it's nice to wish him well
First off you’re a complete tool. While yes I’m from SoCal and see the differences in the two areas I have lived in Norcal for damn near 4 decades. Second I looked at the complete list which I’ll provide and know DV in packed with kids who put academics first. That doesn’t however translate to poor quality in sports that notion is foolish.

First off you’re a complete tool. While yes I’m from SoCal and see the differences in the two areas I have lived in Norcal for damn near 4 decades. Second I looked at the complete list which I’ll provide and know DV in packed with kids who put academics first. That doesn’t however translate to poor quality in sports that notion is foolish.
"A tool?" Toothhurts wisdom!

"Poor quality in sports." This is a fb thread, not table tennis/badminton. Otherwise the claim MSJ is just spectacularly failing.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. (ign)

"A tool?" Toothhurts wisdom!

"Poor quality in sports." This is a fb thread, not table tennis/badminton. Otherwise the claim MSJ is just spectacularly failing.

Move along folks, nothing to see here. (ign)
You’re right my bad of course you are either a dumb jock, or a Harry Potter loving geek who loves calculus. I keep forgetting about the stereo types we must adhere to in our new woke society. Please forgive me.

If asking about National Merit scholars and DV as being a reason they don’t excel in football I’m not sure they produce more than MV who does fairly well on the gridiron. And I well aware about DV not being very good in football as by my sarcastic comment earlier about the program. And for what it’s worth don’t care how he got the dream situation but if I had to guess 1. He has been on staff with CV for a couple years. 2. He also is a teacher at CV when most on staff aren’ as far as I know. 3. Rumors of Murphy leaving either being pushed out or stepping aside seem to pop up every year. 4. Seems like obvious replacement would be a teacher who is already on staff. 5. Those are all just guesses on my part but you asked so I gave it my best shot.
Murphy is a great coach and has done so much for the Uglies!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT