ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Turnover in SCVAL

1giantsfan

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2013
Hadn't seen this one -- Mountain View does not renew it's Baseball coach's contract.

ZINSMAN DONE AT MOUNTAIN VIEW
Zeph Zinsman did not have his contract renewed as baseball coach at Mountain View, lasting just one season. The Spartans went 11-15, 4-10 in the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League De Anza Division. Zinsman, a former star player at Mitty-San Jose, did not wish to comment.
"We're going in a different direction," Mountain View Athletic Director Shelley Smith said. "He's a good coach with a ton of potential. He did a good job here, but it didn't work out. I want him to land on his feet somewhere."
Last year, Adam Petke was relieved of his duties as Mountain View baseball coach before the end of the regular season.
New coach, whoever he is, will be third coach in three years. Los Altos and Paly are also looking for new coaches in that league.

This post was edited on 7/13 8:41 PM by 1giantsfan

This post was edited on 7/13 8:42 PM by 1giantsfan

The new coaching team at Mountain View -- Dan Demuth and John Verducci are TERRIFIC men and AMAZING coaches. Mountain View parentsand players are in for an absolute treat. I predict that this will be a team to be reckoned with for years to come now, as these guys know how to teach and reach players.

1giantsfan - The Mountain View HS Principal - AD - and Parents will destroy yet more coaches.

This time I bet you're wrong. These two guys are absolutely top shelf in all ways. I think the Mountain View program will soon be one to be reckoned with.

John is a good friend of mine and you are right - a terrific coach but I fear BKWRDK will end up being right. The track record for 20 years is horrible and you can trace it to the administrative culture of that school. The parents can be a problem as well.

atcshrk: Like many of us - I don't wish to be "right" but Mountain View started this way back when and even Ray McDonald Sr. had everything and everybody against him trying to teach the game the right way in 2005-2006.

Mountain View HS

I am hearing that the new coaching staff or at least part of the staff has been let go already. What happened to lead to this? What is the real story? Whatever it is, that school has burned through more coaches than any other school. Nice school and facility. What is the deal?

My info is that the coach had back surgery prior to the season and some complications that made it impossible to coach without a lot of pain so he had to resign.

Little more complicated than that. Coach got addicted to pain killers from his back. Before a game, he had a three martini lunch, mixed his martinis with his pain killers, showed up for the game as high as a kite. Took him 5 tries to make up a line-up. Resigned in anticipation of being fired. Disastrous situation for all concerned. This one is not on the administration, coddled players, busy-body parents. Personal failings of a great guy, but a guy with evident demons, who knew he screwed up.
This post was edited on 4/1 10:26 AM by 1giantsfan

Chris Mims

Concerning how everything has gone down at MT View HS - I can only hope that the Coach (Coaches) that needed to re-sign will eventually be in a better place health wise and that the program can go forth and succeed.

That said, Chris Mims is the right man in the right spot. Like a ton of coaches, Chris should have been a Head High School Coach several times before now. Some of the antics and politics that went on at Los Altos HS, after Sandy retired were frankly pitiful and had things been normal at that HS - then Chris would have been able to bring his knowledge to that school.

Good luck at Mountain View Chris!

This post was edited on 4/2 2:07 PM by BKWRDKUROUT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT