ADVERTISEMENT

Colfax 15-1

NU84

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 7, 2012
Starting 2 frosh and a sophomore, Colfax just beat a good Del Oro team at Takayama Invitational 53-40. Their sophomore Grace Bliss is a really athletic 3 and their little frosh pt guard is really fun to watch.

The strength of schedule is not dazzling, but 10-0 and winning two tournaments is something to be proud of.

Love to have a team like that in the Jamboree next year.

Reactions: CoachDViks
Colfax wins it’s 4th tournament this season beating host Yosemite 60-50 tonight in the championship to up their record to 15-1.

I read that sophomore sensation Grace Bliss had 32pts, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks against Yosemite. Currently, Maxpreps has Colfax #1 in Sac-Joaquin Section D5 and #3 in D5 State rankings. This is the same school that won the CTE school of the year in California two years ago and Best Community Service Award in the California last year. Something special about Colfax beyond athletics.

Colfax will be tested soon, when they play against 14-2, Foothill of Sacramento.

Colfax has a MaxPreps schedule strength of 5.1
Foothill's schedule strength is 8.3

Foothill beat Antelope, Vanden, Brookside Christian, Enterprise of Redding (by 20 pts.), a 10-4 Red Bluff team, and lost to 12-1, Cosumnes Oaks by only 2 pts. (state ranked #23).

Colfax's only notable win is against 11-3 Del Oro

Colfax will be tested soon, when they play against 14-2, Foothill of Sacramento.

Colfax has a MaxPreps schedule strength of 5.1
Foothill's schedule strength is 8.3

Foothill beat Antelope, Vanden, Brookside Christian, Enterprise of Redding (by 20 pts.), a 10-4 Red Bluff team, and lost to 12-1, Cosumnes Oaks by only 2 pts. (state ranked #23).

Colfax's only notable win is against 11-3 Del Oro
Foothill wins by double digits

Yes Foothill is the team to beat in the PVL and Colfax will definitely be tested by them. Colfax lost by 10 @ Foothill last year after being down by only 3 to start the 4th quarter. Colfax won by 25 at home but Sanders dnp because of a badly sprained ankle.

Agreed that Foothill is the favorite and have played a stronger schedule. I’ve only watched Colfax a couple times but I’m impressed by what they do with so few students

Colfax beats Placer in OT and improves record to 16-1. Three freshmen on the floor the last two minutes of regulation and most of overtime. They pull out the win after Bliss (18pts) fouls out in the 4th. Senior post player Caleigh McClenahan finished with 21pts and 18rb.

Last edited:
I’m just saying there is no school this small in the state that can beat these girls. NO ONE ☝️

I’m just saying there is no school this small in the state that can beat these girls. NO ONE ☝️

Eastside College Prep would be a major obstacle for them and is an even smaller school. Also Pinewood is even better and per the ultimate internet authority Wikipedia both Colfax & Pinewood have about 600 students.

Last edited:
You’ve got to be kidding me comparing Pinewood to Colfax. It’s a prep School and thank you for comparing the two. If Colfax could choose thier students, I’m sure it would be closer then 30 point win for Colfax if they had no boundaries.

I think what NU84 means is any school under 600 that is public and won’t be in the open division. I don’t think Colfax and Pinewood could meet.

That’s not how it read. NO ONE as opposed to limiting it to publics has a different connotation. We didn’t compare the 2, other than pointing out schools that small that could beat them. I’m all for Colfax having an amazing season and rooting for them, but let’s pump the breaks a little bit.

You’ve got to be kidding me comparing Pinewood to Colfax. It’s a prep School and thank you for comparing the two. If Colfax could choose thier students, I’m sure it would be closer then 30 point win for Colfax if they had no boundaries.
There is no comparison. You said "no school this small."Pinewood is the same size. My call is Woodside Priory at 4-8 would give Colfax all they could handle and some. Congrats on a great season and good luck the rest of the season.

Reactions: OnBall8
Much like the Ft Bragg football team a few yrs ago that was WRECKING teams up in the hills of NorCal when you head south things change. GREAT yr so far .....but we will see how they compare if/when they start playing teams from the SF Bay area.

Colfax's next challenge will be January 24 at home against a 15-2, Foothill of Sacramento.

Minor upset last night, Friday. Placer, (12-7), beat Foothill of Sacramento, (16-3), final score 68-54. Sets up big game next week, Foothill at Colfax (17-1).

Actually, that's a big upset ... Foothill spanked Enterprise and beat Antelope.

Still, if Colfax can beat Foothill, the top 20 beckons.

Haven’t seen the Colfax team since the Del Oro game but going to the Foothill/Colfax game this Wednesday. Looking forward to watching Foothills offense against Colfax D. Missing Link, you should attend too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT