ADVERTISEMENT

cv v oakdale

Last TD was gift from refs. Two last snaps
DE tackled on one sweep and next dragged
head first into ground. Oakdale coach freaking out,
something I rarely see. Caught also by sportswriters.
Clayton Valley the better team thus far, but I hate
when refs don't do their jobs. Should be 6-0, since
that happened before half with 37 seconds left.
Clayton's Harrison is amazing.

Im just curious what Miles Harrisons address is...bet hes not in the district..maybe they borrowed him for the night from DLS

For the record I will say this should be oakdale vs ehs..... that being said sack up you got the bid you were soooo much more deserving of, sack up and play the team you wanted the crack at.

Originally posted by FAR_NORTHERN:
For the record I will say this should be oakdale vs ehs..... that being said sack up you got the bid you were soooo much more deserving of, sack up and play the team you wanted the crack at.

Huh? Of all the picks I think this was the biggest no brainier picking CVC for the D2 regional. Not even a fan of theirs, but seriously anyone with a 1/4 of a football IQ could see that.

I was thinking about this. Cardinal Newman 3 non league losses are going to be to 2 state bowl games teams (CV and Campo) and there other loss was to St Mary's of Stockton who almost beat Grant in the D1 section champ game. Pretty tough schedule.

Originally posted by FAR_NORTHERN:
Say what? I misread what u typed right? CV shoukdnt have been in this game at all? U smoking that Far Northern herb?

lol let me clarify, cvc season made them deserving of the game, the blaitant desregard for rules however should not have been rewarded, considering their enrollment should have had them in the d1 ncs.... secondly it was more of a shot at an oakdale fan who believed they were so much more deserving than enterprise as he whines about a player cvc has. which i have no problem with their open enrollment more of a problem with schrimaging junior colleges and lying about enrollment.

I'm as anti Clayton Valley as they come, but the kids on that team earned it 100%, don't take that from them. The eneligiable transfers aren't playing, so take a break

Watched most of the redlands game tonight ... pretty good team speed... should be a good match up next week

Dont take me wrong I have zero against those kids, However the coach, and administrators and comissioner should be ashamed of themselves. And it is sad that it would fall on the kids but that school should have been taught a much more stern lesson. Yes the kids worked hard but did they not benifit a great deal from the things that happened that got the school in trouble?

Nice season Oakdale,Ive become a Mustang fan.Great effort as always,wishing you guys continued success.Represent the north well,CV!

Oakdale boys should be proud..saw some kids crying after game and that was hard to see. All I could think seeing this was you have nothing to cry about or be ashamed of...Our community couldn't be more proud. And we all take pride in the fact that Our boys went this far with their OWN...no open enrollement and kids that can come from anywhere and make their own fantasy fotball team...And that is something to take PRIDE in.

Originally posted by playsomeball:

And we all take pride in the fact that Our boys went this far with their OWN...no open enrollement and kids that can come from anywhere and make their own fantasy fotball team...And that is something to take PRIDE in.
Stop it. Just lose with class and keep the gloves up. There's no need for digs like this. The kids that transferred into CVC didn't even play so they were playing with their 'own' too. I don't seem to recall a post like this from you when Oakdale beat CVC a couple years ago. You can't have it both ways.

Last night's game was a display of good old fashion, hard-nosed football. Both teams, were very sound offensively, and their players left everything out on the field. But the finest moment for these boys, was meeting at the fifty yard line after the contest been decided, and kneeling for a prayer to give thanks to our Lord and Savior.

@Thunderam..no crying here, facts are facts just read the paper..everyone is in an uproar in that area of yours, and there must be a reason why..just read the 200 comments, they are not from Oakdale,they are people from that area...I am sure they have a reason why or CV would not be on probation.....TWICE

playsomeball - know your facts, they are all Concord fans. And do little more research on their transfer history before you praise them.

Originally posted by playsomeball:
@Thunderam..no crying here, facts are facts just read the paper..everyone is in an uproar in that area of yours, and there must be a reason why..just read the 200 comments, they are not from Oakdale,they are people from that area...I am sure they have a reason why or CV would not be on probation.....TWICE
Fact Check for you. Thunder Ram is probably one of the biggest SJS guy's on this board. In fact I doubt he even lives in the Bay Area. Just guessing based on the fact hes been such a die hard SJS fan for so many years.

As for your comment, as Thunder stated, none of the players that created such an uproar have played all year and the team Oakdale faced had the same limitations Oakdale had.

@Nascar64....huh,BS...Is the report lying that was released?...just asking. If it was then shame on the CIF for releasing lies.

transfers were not the issue here, sure they had 10 or whatever it is and 2 sat. The issue to me is skewing enrollment to dodge dls when they are clearly the second best team in that section and should have been d1, and being able to have extra full contact practices in which they were able to schrimage a jc.

nascar624 - You're right - PSB made a poor assumption. Never lived in or near the Bay Area. I obviously have no bias toward CCS or NCS teams. I just don't it's cool to diminish CVC's accomplishment especially after the fact. It reaks of sour grapes. They won the game and did so without the questionable transfers.

So, you believe that every kid who steps on that field in Oakdale, lives in the OHS enrollment boundaries!? OHS is no Charter or Private school.... but, they have had some great players from the surrounding communities bolster their roster for years. A great program will draw them.

PSB,

Wash the tears out of ur eyes and pay attention.

Thunderram is a Rocklin guy.......SJS....sheesh.....

Didn't hear me whine when WHS was called for blocking below the waist and the winning TD was called back against oakdale?

Film showed it didn't happen, SJS south refs....game played in Stockton?? Oakdales back yard???

it happened, it done, its ocer and in the books....

No tears hear, Oakdale had a great season. I give no excuses for the loss. CV was clearly a better team this year. Just have no respect for a program that continually breaks rules and gets away with it over and over. For some reason they don't think the rules apply to them or/and they just don't care....not setting a very good example for that fooball team...by the way, that whole school is corrupt....it is all about money and winning and they will go to extreme measures to win games...I know someone who works there and I could tell you some things that would blow your minds.

No impact on the game, but CVC was a bad location for a regional. Just like Central Catholic was a bad location. Playing games at a home site was a bad idea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT