ADVERTISEMENT

Davis upsets McClatchy

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Davis beat McClatchy 49-47 in Davis on Monday night.

Skylar Schouten and Emme Eisenman each had 14 points for Davis.

Davis (14-12) had lost four of its last five games.

McClatchy (23-3) has some of its momentum halted after last week’s win over Laguna Creek.

Davis beat McClatchy 49-47 in Davis on Monday night.

Skylar Schouten and Emme Eisenman each had 14 points for Davis.

Davis (14-12) had lost four of its last five games.

McClatchy (23-3) has some of its momentum halted after last week’s win over Laguna Creek.
McClatchy must have taken Davis lightly and was looking ahead to Friday's game at Monterey Trail to tie for the Metro League championship with Laguna Creek. Confidence builder for Davis who needs a win against St. Francis this week to stay in contention in the Delta League to qualify for the SJS postseason.

Wow, what a shocker. Bad loss for McClatchy, must have definitely overlooked Davis. I wonder if it will impact their seeding.

Wow, what a shocker. Bad loss for McClatchy, must have definitely overlooked Davis. I wonder if it will impact their seeding.
I don't think McClatchy's loss will effect SJS seeding in D1 because they have head-to-head wins or common opponent wins over all the teams under them, and their body of work in those wins are impressive. They have two "stinker losses" as CalHiSports likes to call them. However, this could affect McClatchy's seeding at the NorCal state level. Not a good way to go into the postseason though, because McClatchy will be ripe to get upset in the SJS sections and not even qualify past sections.

Reactions: basketba11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT