ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle 2025 SF Alec Blair has committed to Oklahoma

He plans to play basketball and baseball at Oklahoma.

Should also be in the mix for the 2025 MLB Draft
That’s awesome that he’ll be able to play both, however that’s way harder than playing football and baseball, especially in college. But hey Tony Gwynn did it. If OU should make it to the sweet 16 in hoops, then he’d miss the first 24 baseball games. Plus untold hours the other OU baseball players will have practiced before he comes out. And I know he considers baseball his primary sport. But I’m sure both coaches have signed off on it, so hopefully he’ll get a fair chance to play in both sports.

That’s awesome that he’ll be able to play both, however that’s way harder than playing football and baseball, especially in college. But hey Tony Gwynn did it. If OU should make it to the sweet 16 in hoops, then he’d miss the first 24 baseball games. Plus untold hours the other OU baseball players will have practiced before he comes out. And I know he considers baseball his primary sport. But I’m sure both coaches have signed off on it, so hopefully he’ll get a fair chance to play in both sports.
Great spot. Congrats to him.

SEC takes another one lol.
I wonder if he would do the NCAA basketball+pro baseball Summer's. He is regarded highly for the 2025 MLB draft and likely command $1M+ signing bonus. I think financially that would be wisest because it locks in much more than anything NIL could provide him plus offer the potential upside of basketball as well while working towards a degree. It would also alleviate having to miss a chunk of the start of the NCAA baseball season because of hoops.

Reactions: observer22
SEC takes another one lol.
I wonder if he would do the NCAA basketball+pro baseball Summer's. He is regarded highly for the 2025 MLB draft and likely command $1M+ signing bonus. I think financially that would be wisest because it locks in much more than anything NIL could provide him plus offer the potential upside of basketball as well while working towards a degree. It would also alleviate having to miss a chunk of the start of the NCAA baseball season because of hoops.

Oklahoma has a very strong NIL collective that would be able to offer him a lot more of a signing bonus than any MLB club could.

Nijaree Canady a female softball player just got a 1 million plus per year deal to go to Texas A&M

My guess is Blair is getting at least 2 million per year from Oklahoma, with the potential for much more. He does well at both sports, or becomes really good at one of them, he could easily make 8-10 million over 4 years.

It def. Will be interesting to watch over the next year, but with NIL, things have changed. And the MLB Draft and a million or two signing bonus isn’t as appealing as it was 5-10 years ago!

Oklahoma has a very strong NIL collective that would be able to offer him a lot more of a signing bonus than any MLB club could.

Nijaree Canady a female softball player just got a 1 million plus per year deal to go to Texas A&M

My guess is Blair is getting at least 2 million per year from Oklahoma, with the potential for much more. He does well at both sports, or becomes really good at one of them, he could easily make 8-10 million over 4 years.

It def. Will be interesting to watch over the next year, but with NIL, things have changed. And the MLB Draft and a million or two signing bonus isn’t as appealing as it was 5-10 years ago!
She signed with Texas tech not Texas am. And he’s getting nothing close to 2 million dollars in nil where do come up with that number.

QB Jackson Arnold is OU highest NIL at 676,000. Blair won’t sniff 1-2 million a season

There isn't a more misunderstood and overstated thing than NIL. If you think Blair is getting anywhere close to $1M a year or any real meaningful money for that matter you are dead wrong. Very few make all the money. Remember that. No different than the economy.

Actually Dillon Gabriel is getting 1.1 million, my numbers are based on the expected growth of NIL over the next several years.

Blair won’t even be on campus until August 2025 at the earliest. A lot of time for things to continue to grow over the coming seasons.

I believe he will have more of a financial incentive to go to college and play both sports, then we would being drafted….unless he was a top 20 pick, which I don’t see being the case…..

Actually Dillon Gabriel is getting 1.1 million, my numbers are based on the expected growth of NIL over the next several years.

Blair won’t even be on campus until August 2025 at the earliest. A lot of time for things to continue to grow over the coming seasons.

I believe he will have more of a financial incentive to go to college and play both sports, then we would being drafted….unless he was a top 20 pick, which I don’t see being the case…..
dillon is on scholarship at oregon.

What does Dillon Gabriel have to do with Blair getting 1-2 million. The Big man on the OU campus is getting 676k.

There are currently only 20 athletes combined in all sports at 1 million .
ZERO baseball players in top 100
3 Basketball Men getting at least a million in Cooper Flagg 762k followers
Bryce James 3.2Mil followers
Hansel Enmanuel 4.4 million
Blair no where near the Name and likeness of those 3
By the way he has 4 thousand followers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT