ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle-St. John's

Just switched over to this game with St. Mary's vs CN at halftime. WTF!

St Johns looks like a college team. I mean every frickn player has offers from xy and z. QB is an absolute freak. DLS is is big trouble. They are lucky its not 28-7.

They just showed St. Johns' schedule on a graphic. They're playing FIVE Top 20 teams!

Obviously they think they've got something special over on that other coast... So far, they appear corrrect.

21-7 at the half, much more dominant than that score shows. No such thing as a moral victory in Spartanville, but it looks to
me that they'd be doing pretty well if they manage to keep it within 35.

I think it might be a little closer. Maybe 35-14? Who knows but its total domination so far. Might be one of the better teams I've seen without the hype.

I think it might be a little closer. Maybe 35-14? Who knows but its total domination so far. Might be one of the better teams I've seen without the hype.

You serious Legend? The Kevin Plank UA machine has been in full drive.

Whoa... My report of Sparty's demise may have been premature... Held 'em to a FG, then ran one for 78 yards right thru the middle
on first down! Sparty closes to 24-14.

They trade TD's to go to 31-21.

Spartans need to find a way to slow these dudes down, but that QB just hits guys right in stride like a pro.

well, one play left in 3rd.

A big key is they finally got a little QB pressure on the previous St. John's possession and forced a punt.

31-28 end of 3.

Spartans get another big stop; a bad punt gives Big Green the ball on their own 41.

What a come back. That DLS offensive attack is relentless. 9:15 left in Q4. That St Johns QB is really good and they have lots of speed at skill positions. Seems that St Johns D has gotten winded.

15-yard penalty for a late hit, too. Spartans kick off from the St. John's 45

This has turned into a great game. St. John's defense looks worn down and worn out. But their offense is killing the usually stout Spartans defense.

St John's has gotten down to the DLS 6, throws an incomplete pass into the end zone.

4th and goal, 5 min left. Still 35-31 Sparty.

On the last play, St John's took the ball away, but it was ruled dead.

A lot has to be said about DLS conditioning.They wore down that DLine as the game wore on.East coast guys make a lot of the humidity but 100 degrees of dry desert heat will absolutely drain you

A lot has to be said about DLS conditioning.They wore down that DLine as the game wore on.East coast guys make a lot of the humidity but 100 degrees of dry desert heat will absolutely drain you

Agree......
So will playing when the clock reads 10:30PM but your body tells you it is really 1:30 in the morning......but not complaining a win is a win, been on the other side of that equation.

21-7 at the half, much more dominant than that score shows. No such thing as a moral victory in Spartanville, but it looks to
me that they'd be doing pretty well if they manage to keep it within 35

Fooled many at this point.....Mrs Conc & I were working right at the gate of Owen Owens field and sad when I think of the (un)fortunate fans who left early at half time from both sides of the fields with 21-7 up on the big board.........

me sad?.....ha! not really. So you beat the parking crowd but you missed an incredibly exciting second half. Lazarus arose. and the team grew a bit right before our eyes.

Reactions: _Molon_Labe_
Honestly one of the all time great DLS wins. They were overmatched but conditioning and sticking to what DLS does has them on top at the end. Really never should have doubted it right? Its DLS for god sake. Don't talk to me about recruiting and all this other stuff. That St Johns team was a lot more talented. It was getting really old hearing about where johnny was going or had offers from. Plenty of those DLS kids look like guys I grew up with. Skinny awkward kids that weren't 6"0 260 as fresh. Fantastic win.

Good win for DLS. SJ is well coached and talented.
I saw SJ defense showing signs of fatigue in mid 2nd quarter. It took Alumbaugh too long to recognize that. In the third quarter the 2 yard dives started to become 5 and 6 yards and that is when DLS made their move.

That continues to be the biggest difference between Baugh and Lad to me- Lad was an incredible play caller. Lad had a sixth sense as to what play to call and it was as if he was thinking one or two quarters ahead. Im not saying Baugh isnt a good play caller- obviously it isnt fair to hold him to Lads standard- just an observation.

This game reminded me of when DLS beat Gorman. It took a while for the Spartans to make adjustments and wear them down. Very similar games.

I think it is terrible that a school like St. John's brings in a 4 star qb from out of state just to play his senior year. That is happening more and more.

Look at Mater Dei. They brought in 4 upper classmen transfers who are now starters.

New I think it is terrible that a school like St. John's brings in a 4 star qb from out of state just to play his senior year. That is happening more and more.

Look at Mater Dei. They brought in 4 upper classmen transfers who are now starters.

Terrible or not that's HS football today. I'm glad California has decided to change the transfer rules and stop penalizing kids, for wanting to better their situation. (Of course NCS and Lemmon I have heard won't follow the change.)

Reactions: bella123
No [problem kids wanting to better themselves, but to transfer after your junior year? Remember, its usually not the kids choice, it's the parents making that choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT