ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro New Turf Field

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
The new turf at Del Oro is ready to go for this Friday's opener vs Pleasant Valley. The school will also be having a dedication ceremony as the new turf/field has been named the “Fletcher-Christiansen Field” in honor of two of Del Oro’s past coaches who were instrumental in shaping the program. The dedication ceremony approximately at 6:20pm, and the Varsity game will start at 7:15pm.

I would say they started a successful program but it was CT who really elevated that program and brought them to regional prominence...he won more than the two combined.....

Fletcher and Christianson where CO-HC. They won more than a 100 games that I know of. My first ever coaching job I was a frosh coach for them. They had some very good years. They didn't have State or Norcal games during their tenure. They won their fair share of League and section titles. They set the foundation that is currently in place in my opinion.

Fletcher and Christianson where CO-HC. They won more than a 100 games that I know of. My first ever coaching job I was a frosh coach for them. They had some very good years. They didn't have State or Norcal games during their tenure. They won their fair share of League and section titles. They set the foundation that is currently in place in my opinion.

They did, CT benefitted greatly from the foundations set in place by both those two, as has the current HC.

No doubt they did well but CT elevated that program to a regional power....his SOS alone speaks for itself.....

No doubt they did well but CT elevated that program to a regional power....his SOS alone speaks for itself.....
Looks like coach taylor apparently won 1 section title in his first 10 years, not exactly blazing. The other two won 4, looks like they set Del Oro on the right path.

In his 15 seasons at Del Oro, Taylor guided 14 playoff teams and reached a Sac-Joaquin Section final nine times, winning six titles, including four this decade. The Golden Eagles reached a CIF State Bowl title game four times this decade, winning a championship in 2015 and nearly repeating in 2016.

132-43 record......In a much tougher league....playing teams from all over...wish I could find the SOS for all seasons.....pretty impressive!!!

I know the two before his time put DO on the map but CT made them a household name....

Reactions: concrete17
They were well liked by many and are part of the "old school" in Loomis. They were very successful but not to the degree of CT. IMHO he elevated the program to it's current notierty. I am NOT saying they don't deserve the recognition...

Reactions: RidgeRider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT