ADVERTISEMENT

Division I: Logan vs. Roosevelt

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Can Logan finish off its run against some good guards from Roosevelt?

It took more than 3 minutes for either team to score, but Roosevelt now leads 4-2 with 328 left Q1.

Roosevelt is bouncy and fast... If they start hitting shots, watch out...

Back to back 3s by Noah Conner gives Logan its first lead over Roosevelt at 8-6 with 147 left Q1

Roosevelt leads Logan 27-20 at halftime. Matt Mitchell has 13 points and five boards for Roosevelt.

Logan is 4-for-10 from three point range to keep them in it

Roosevelt leads Logan 35-22 with 343 left in Q3. Mitchell is by far the best player on the floor

End of three quarters, Roosevelt leads Logan 39-29. The Colts have been without Ryan Parilla, who played only seven minutes in first half due to injury

Roosevelt should be a lot better than they are. How is this a 10 or game?
Hard to like a team like that.

I don't see any CAL level player for Roosevelt. New coach needs to pull that scholsrship.

Logan really competes. Fun team to watch this year

Roosevelt leads 46-36 with 359 left

Too bad kid got hurt. This Logan team might have been able to upset them if they were all playing. Bummer

Reactions: LoganHomer
Roosevelt beats Logan 54-45 to win the Division I state title. Logan never led.

Mission seemed better than either of these teams to me. Not size but speed was a different level all together. And they played a lot better together.

Congratulations to Mission DIII State Champion. Logan had to show up and they gave their best. Congratulations Roosevelt DI State Champion.

Logan wins that game if Ryan Parilla number 11 doesn't get hurt in first quarter. Their leading scorer and secondary ball handler got hurt and didn't return. Bummer for them. Mitchell is a man child. He's a lower level PAC 12 kid. Fullerton got a steal. Congrats to Roosevelt

Roosevelt was a heavy favorite coming into this game ranked 30th in the Nation by Max Preps and 8th in California State. Matt Mitchell was easily the best player on the court and you can have a conversation about being One of the better players this season in the State of California. Tonight Roosevelt scored 54 points, 24 points came from Mitchell 9 points of the 24 came from the free throw line. Logan's defensive game slows teams down with their big man guarding the rim. 6 losses all season to quality opponents holding each team well under their season average.

DeLaSalle 47
Mission 53
Roosevelt 54
St. Pat/St. Vince 56
Dublin 60
Moreau 69

Logan did not find much offense scoring only 45 point while missing their leading scorer this season Parilla to injury early in the contest. Parilla has a 14.8 average and scored 21 points against Palo Alto in a comeback victory in the NorCal finals. Logan took the lead only once very early at 8-6 after a Conner 3 pointer from way out. Logan never lead again and keep up a fight but Mitchell dominated this game all night scoring, rebounding, assists, block shots and lights out from the free throw line 9 of 10.

Reactions: sid98765
And for those people who doubted Logan I hope they earned your respect. Also people saying they won't be good next year. They had 2 really good looking sophomores off the bench. One being the 3rd leading score of the game with 13 point 6'4 Gabriel Hawkins. And the other 6'4 wing Malcom Steadman who's brother ended up being 6'9 and a late bloomer. I respect what they are doing over there at Logan and I'm sure they will be one of the top teams in Division 1 again next year.

And for those people who doubted Logan I hope they earned your respect. Also people saying they won't be good next year. They had 2 really good looking sophomores off the bench. One being the 3rd leading score of the game with 13 point 6'4 Gabriel Hawkins. And the other 6'4 wing Malcom Steadman who's brother ended up being 6'9 and a late bloomer. I respect what they are doing over there at Logan and I'm sure they will be one of the top teams in Division 1 again next year.

Yes their style of play will make them a top program going forward. A culture of toughness doesn't graduate

Congratulations to Roosevelt HS for winning the D1 championship. A few things I wanna say is that I think Roosevelt is the better team overall but I can't help but feel we pull off this upset if we had Ryan Parilla playing the entire game, we weren't down by alot and Ryan is our leading scorer who has hit big shots in all of our comebacks. Despite this loss, I'm proud of my boys for having the most successful season this program has seen in my lifetime.

I really think Logan was underrated this entire season, they were a well coached team who always gave 100%. Even in the 6 losses, they could have won any of those games because there defense doesn't give up. Roosevelt is ranked the 8th best team in CA and 30th in the entire nation, Logan lost by 9 points without their leading scorer. That should tell you that this team was legit the entire season.

The future for this program is bright, they have 2 sophomores who have size, athleticsm and skill to lead this team in the future. Logan has always had great athletes but we have always been under- coached and Melvin Easley turned the entire program around.

Congrats to Roosevelt and one last thing I wanna say is that Noah Conner was the MVP of Logan and the best player on the team. He's a great point guard who can score, shoot, get others involved and control the play of the game like a true PG. He's not really that athletic nor does he have great height/size where he would be a D1 player but not everyone is destined for basketball super stardom and this kid has made the most of what he's been given.

Mission seemed better than either of these teams to me. Not size but speed was a different level all together. And they played a lot better together.

Mission beat Logan by 2 points in a hard fought game which ended 53-51. I don't think it's clear that Mission is better then both these teams. James Logan has also had a harder path to the state game and they played against better competition then Mission.

Mission won so congrats to them, I don't know the history but from what I'm reading that state title is a really big deal for them and the city. It's not that fair for Logan to be compared to Mission when you take in account the road to state.

@LoganHomer

Not to rain on Easley's parade but me watching the games and getting insight from valid resources I hear that that Busch Brothers run everything. From practices, off season workouts, the subs, calling sets. But great job of Easley to higher the Busch family. They were great basketball players themselves and their father has been coaching for years.

Logan wins that game if Ryan Parilla number 11 doesn't get hurt in first quarter. Their leading scorer and secondary ball handler got hurt and didn't return. Bummer for them. Mitchell is a man child. He's a lower level PAC 12 kid. Fullerton got a steal. Congrats to Roosevelt

Stop it. Wins the game really c'mon.

Stop it. Wins the game really c'mon.

We lost by 9 points and Ryan was our leading scorer. Not only that, he was our secondary ball handler with Noah. These two controlled the ball every single game, entire game for the entire season. They cut the lead to 6 with a couple minutes to go without him, so why is it so outlandish to think they win?

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT