ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Folsom Debate

Wasn't that the year dls lost 1 or 2 games

They started of 1-2 losing to national #1 DBP and Lakeland (FL) in 2 OT and were tied or trailed Serra, amador valley, and Monte vista (their first 3 NorCal opponents) at the half

Closed by winning 12 in a row, the last a 28-14 win in SBG

Am pretty sure from DLS's perspective, it was all about Grant getting picked for the '08 Open

DLS wasn't exactly ducking Grant prior, but Grant was just one of many schools trying to schedule a game -- after the '08 SBG selection, they jumped to the top of the wish list and, as you said, Grant didn't really NEED DLS anymore (they started '10 ranked in top 3 of national polls)
Yeah well we will get back to that (we want dls)but for now have fun with the Folsom fan base grants getting move to the sfl next year so we gonna get to see how talented they are every year

YOU ARE A FRAUD G61/Andy. YOU Said you are a Folsom parent that's a lie. Go ask a Folsom coach where the Starting WR avg 29 yds a catch the 12-0 JV QB and his rb came from. They all played youth football together and went to Folsom camp and ended up going to Folsom . The wr brother plays basketball at Burbank and played JV Basketball at Sheldon . 100% Factual acknowledge it.
And they all once shopped at a local Elk Grove Target. Heck, the entire SFL are just transplants from the football mecca of Ell Grove lol.

Heat you are a troll. Go home to Rancho and fight crime. You're a fraud still scoring JV basketball games at Sheldon, hoping one day to get your shot coaching HS basketball. Lol

Last edited:
Yes, the top So Cal programs face each other every year which means you generally don't have to debate which team is better. It gets settled on the field and gives fans some of the best football matchups in the country. If the Southern Section started making sure Centennial, Bosco or Mater Dei didn't have to play each other to keep them eligible for a state game, that would deprive everyone of great football matchups (and be a nightmare for NorCal).

Totally agree. That's why having an Open Regional game is so much more important for NorCal. Unlike the Southern section, our best teams are typically broken up among the SJS, CCS, and NCS so the winners don't get to face each other. W/O the Open Regional, there can be doubt over who the best NorCal team is in a given season. While most believe DLS is that team a vast majority of the time, it should be proven on the field. Not by history. In 2010, Palo Alto and Folsom had legit gripes. In 2006 and 2014, Grant Union and Folsom both had the same gripe. If they were truly wrong to feel they could compete with and beat DLS for the crown of best in NorCal, it should have been proven out on the field and not by someone's opinion.

DLS is in a class of there own. Folsom has a great football program and is really a powerhouse now. Think about this. You could easily have a handful of kids in the NFL.
Richards- Pats
Browning- Heisman Candidate
Williams- All American OL
Ngata- TBD

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Heard it was a money issue in the earlier years but once they got the respect from the state game they no longer felt like they needed dLs.

This is correct from my understanding. I once found a quote from Coach AL or Reggie Harris (forget which one) that stated $$ from gate was one of the issues. I believe DLS wanted some of the $$ from a game played in Sac. Don't know if that was at a off site location or at GHS. If at Hughes Stadium, I could somewhat see DLS's point since they'd draw a ton of fans. But if at GHS, I understand why the Pacers said no thanks.

You're also correct that once the Pacers won the 2008 Open, it was Coach AL that turned the game down as he felt they no longer needed to play DLS to have a shot at State AND because he still harbored a grudge over 'what he feels' was DLS not wanting to give them a shot beforehand (I'm not saying this is the case, just that Coach AL stated it).

If Grant Union ever does schedule DLS or meet up with them in a future Regional, they'd better hope they have a squad similar to 1996, 1997, 2006, 2008, 2009 or 2010 or they'll get seriously embarrassed. The Pacers teams of the past 6 seasons couldn't compete.

DLS is in a class of there own. Folsom has a great football program and is really a powerhouse now.

They are. The only reason this thread was started was because our friend HEAT is playfully jabbing at one of this sites members that can't be taken seriously most the time. It's not because anybody truly believes the programs are on par or even close to it.

Having said that, DLS still should have to prove their class each and every year. Winning the NCS isn't good enough. They need to play the next best team in NorCal from the CCS, SJS or CS -- whomever it may be -- to earn the right on the field, not via history or a panels opinion. For example, DLS was a bit down last season and a team like St. Mary's might have given them a run. They were down in 2004 and 2005 and might have lost those seasons too. And even in seasons when they were still pretty good, if not great DLS teams, there were years where Palo Alto, Bellarmine, Grant Union, Folsom, etc might have surprised them.

The one thing I do know for certain is you can't win a game that isn't played. Play it out on field already. We're ALL tired of the speculation.

Last edited:
HEAT is a clown. Personal attacks on people. Thinks he knows who I am. Couldn't pick me out of a police lineup even though I wouldn't be in one unlike his buddy Darius from sheldon. Yeah I call them out and always will.

It's funny how HEAT spends most of his time directly or indirectly trolling others, then complains about others doing It!

Biggest clown on NCP. Sad because he has some good knowledge of he could get over his obsession about Folsom.

Heat is the new version of IndianPride

Last edited:
HEAT is a clown. Personal attacks on people. Thinks he knows who I am. Couldn't pick me out of a police lineup even though I wouldn't be in one unlike his buddy Darius from sheldon. Yeah I call them out and always will.

Did I miss something? I see HEAT mocked G61, or whomever that really is, but I've never seen him mess with you. [EDIT: nevermind, I stumbled across it in another thread]

I've met LL before and can vouch that he really does exist! ;) Cool dude.

Last edited:
OK IM A CLOWN . Show me one personal ATTACK on here . I have none. If you want I'll post a picture of you on here though See I know your M.O. I know 100,000 percent who you are . Now the fun begins. Thunder was right I was just keeping the board jumping with a jab. I came across that video last night and thought what a way to get it crackin. We at 53 replies and counting.
SEE HERES HOW THE GAME WORKS. I PERSONALLY WANT TO TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF CITY FOLKS THAT WANT TO SIT NEXT TO YOU AT A GAME. WHY CAUSE YOU CALL KIDS AND PEEOPLE NAMES . SINCE I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE ( according to you ) I'm gonna start posting clues one at a time maybe 2. I need a response from you . If I dont get it in a timely matter I'll post another clue. When you say PLEASE stop I'll respectfully stop. READY SET GO
CLUE #1 and it's a big one
90% maybe 100% of the time you wear an old ass blackish vest to the games

THUNDER I enjoy reading your insight. This Folsom Bulldog clown is really G61 . Go back to Oct 2015 when he started. Is it real or coincidence that he began when G61 was sent packing on suspension . I really think both are Larry Legend alter egos. Look back in the history of this board . When you find one you find the other . Always consigning for each other

OK IM A CLOWN . Show me one personal ATTACK on here . I have none. If you want I'll post a picture of you on here though See I know your M.O. I know 100,000 percent who you are . Now the fun begins. Thunder was right I was just keeping the board jumping with a jab. I came across that video last night and thought what a way to get it crackin. We at 53 replies and counting.
SEE HERES HOW THE GAME WORKS. I PERSONALLY WANT TO TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE LOTS OF CITY FOLKS THAT WANT TO SIT NEXT TO YOU AT A GAME. WHY CAUSE YOU CALL KIDS AND PEEOPLE NAMES . SINCE I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE ( according to you ) I'm gonna start posting clues one at a time maybe 2. I need a response from you . If I dont get it in a timely matter I'll post another clue. When you say PLEASE stop I'll respectfully stop. READY SET GO
CLUE #1 and it's a big one
90% maybe 100% of the time you wear an old ass blackish vest to the games
THERE ARE LOTS OF CITY FOLKS THAT WANT TO SIT NEXT TO YOU AT A GAME.
Lol Elk Grove is not in the city HEAT! Stay off the meds bro

Ha ha ha... Old ass blackish vest to hoop games.... That is me. The guy who sits right behind the bench in the coaches ear. Actually I'm pretty stylish. Still sport a few of my old jordan collection sneaks from the 80's. You certainly won't find me in old clothes. I don't know Folsom Bulldog. Never met the guy. I respect Folsom a lot so its not uncommon we share similar opinions at times. Nothing criminal about that.
I have met ThunderRam and he's amazing. Guy is a walking textbook when it comes to sports data. I always enjoy his post. Probably the most knowledgeable person on the board.

Stay off your meds bro that means Sacramento
Heat, you may need a map. Elk Grove is not Sac.

And I'm not hiding like you are. I've been upfront with who I am and where I'm going to be. I've said multiple times I score every game live for maxpreps and have invited people to come say hi at any time. Maxpreps also says my name. I'm not sure what the letters and numbers are in reference to.

Come see me anytime. I look forward to it. Bring your South Sac 2.0 folk with you in your 2WD 4runner.

So Larry do you still think I don't know you
Heat I'm not Larry. Follow along for my live scoring. It says my name. Come ask for me anytime at any of the games.

As Larry said, we don't know eachother. But I enjoy reading his posts and am sure he is a great guy.

You on the other hand.......

Now that dude Larry said I'm a clown and I didn't know who he is . In awaiting his response or cleaning off his glasses. He's right about one thing . He always wears older Jordan's.

Now that dude Larry said I'm a clown and I didn't know who he is . In awaiting his response or cleaning off his glasses. He's right about one thing . He always wears older Jordan's.
Let's hear who you are. I'd like to know and would go out of my way to come say hi to some city folk. Lol.

Folsom Bulldog in watching kids play soccer . What do you mean that's what I thought
Still waiting for u to tell us who you are since we're bring so candid. I've asked a few times and you've been ducking me. That's what I meant city folk.

So Larry do you still think I don't know you
Who in the hell really cares. Damn, grow the hell up!!! This isn't high school. This is a social site for those that love high school football. We're suppose to be grown man here. This crap is worst then hearing my 10 year old grandson argue with his mom for a P&J sandwich. I don't give a rats azz if Manny, Moe or Jack lived in a roach infested hole N the wall or in Holmby Hills in LA it has nothing to do with HS football. I'm still trying to understand why you started this silly thread in the first place. It's already been visited.

Joe while you replied to my post realize that just like always someone like Larry Talks trash and I go after it . He started by saying I don't know who he is . I bit and am playing the game I f you don't like it then hit the ignore button.
Also read the F...cking thread and watch the video . It's all about high school football and others took it upon themselves to call me names and take it elswhere

Joe while you replied to my post realize that just like always someone like Larry Talks trash and I go after it . He started by saying I don't know who he is . I bit and am playing the game I f you don't like it then hit the ignore button.
Also read the F...cking thread and watch the video . It's all about high school football and others took it upon themselves to call me names and take it elswhere
I get it. You have a problem with Larry but someone needs to take the high road. Why can't that be you? That's all I'm saying. Show him you're the bigger man by falling back on the bs. I'm sure Larry doesn't care for me as well but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I pay my own way you feel me. Just saying.

I fully agree. Think both those teams would have posed a challenge and had a chance to actually win. Hell, Bellarmine was a Travis McHugh XP away from pulling it off in 2011 and that team was no better than either of those Folsom teams.

Grant Union has fielded numerous teams (1996, 1997, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010) that could have competed quite well and possibly beaten them. There have been others on a year to year basis that might have had a chance. 2010 Palo Alto also comes to mind.

The problem has continued to be the lack of a regional game. Had a Regional game been in place the past 25 years, DLS would probably won most of them. But they wouldn't have won all of them. 23-2 or 22-3. Whatever the case may be, they should be playing the next best team in NorCal every year. Rarely have they faced a section winner during the year they actually won section. Sure, they beat Folsom in 2012 and 2013, but that's 2 games when 23 others (or more if you go back in time further) could/should have been played.

Just look at the State game as an example. They didn't start playing that game until 2006. And while DLS has won most of them, they've not won all of them. Because a really good team in that given season eventually emerges that can actually compete with them. When DLS is left to guess who might be good and schedule them, it has rarely worked out with them actually facing the top team from said league/section.

While no NorCal or probably even any SoCal program could have accomplished what DLS has accomplished given the same circumstances, the truth is 151 straight and the current NorCal streak was largely made possible due to the lack of the Regional and State games for so many years.

As a fan of HS football, I want to see the best play the best. Always. If DLS wins 99.9% of the time, so be it. Every other program needs to raise their game. I know it's tough for the South to play the Regional since they already lump all their best teams in the same playoff bracket, but the North should be playing the Open Regional every single year. Discontinuing it robbed everyone from seeing DLS-Folsom in 2014, along with so many other potentially awesome games over the years.

Very well stated Thunder.

<Slow Clap>

Fellas, I'm going to share something that's really eating at me as I watch the back and forth on here. It's coming from the heart, and I don't often open up on this site, so bear with me.

Here goes:

I feel like I'm missing out. There, I said it. That's right, missing out, excluded, ignored. Y'all go on and on, chastising one another, making childish threats, calling each other names, making wild-eyed accusations, and none of you even bothers trying to shred me apart. Seriously, what's a guy gotta do to have another poster rip on him???? Makes me miss the days of back and forth with the moron known as mtnjohn (only the old schoolers will remember him).

As I delve within, trying to better understand why I'm not anyone's whipping boy, I realize its of my own doing. I mean, what do I expect when my posts tend to use level headed common sense, right? Plus, I try to use respect when addressing others (well not always, but hey...I'm ranting), so that's no good. And then to top it off, I also use these often ignored things known as 'Facts' to back up my statements. Which again, really makes it tough for the homers to blabber back at me with any real force.

So what should I do? Well I guess I need to indulge in an online NCP chat room war. THats right. I've got to throw on the battle gear and get ready to rumble. Question is, where does a guy begin to pick a fight? The opponents are out there, so many to chose from, but who to start with???

**I mean I've occasionally made a stand against Bulldog. But his Blue Colored glasses are so obvious and thick, it's not really all that fun. Plus he seems like a genuinely nice guy (even though he tends to avoid the tough questions like if he "sees any correlation between Folsom's Frosh teams first 0-4 start in recent memory and the schools new closed campus policy?").

**H.E.A.T. seems like a fiery sh** stirrer, which I can completely appreciate on a stale site like this. Heck, I'm wasting an hour of my day reading and responding to a very thread he started. So kiddos to him. But I'm fearful. Afraid that if I started after him, asking something like how many of Sheldon's 'star' athletes graduated the colleges they attended, he may try to figure out who I really am by hacking into my MySpace account and outing me to the rest of you.

**Maybe I go after Larry? I mean he is a Legend, right? Wait, Legend to who? His elementary school's kickball team perhaps? I respect that, Kickball Legends are hard to come by these days. I was always a 'slow-rollies' guy, I heard Larry was more of a 'baby-boncies' guy, to each there own. Maybe he was a Legend to his 5th wife, bless her soul. Oh wait, nevermind, I've got it. He's a Legend in his own mind. Tough to beat that mentality, I'll move on.

**DLSPops used to be an option, but dammit if he hasn't started posting with common sense recently (probably because his kids graduated, just a hunch).

**Thunder? Nah, way to smart and sensible.

**ILOVEOAKRIDGEFOOTBALL? Nope. Wayyyyy to tough to have to consistently type that name out, plus there's really no way to condense it. I mean, I could go with ILORF but that seems forced, or likethe name of a character from Game Of Thrones. Plus it just doesn't roll off the tongue (or the keyboard) very well.

**jimmyz and DanKings are too damn likeable to attack, which is shocking since we all know what most Vacavillians are like, right? ;-)
Wait...is 'Vacavillian' the proper way to address one who is from Vacaville? If so, we should use that word more often...yet I digress.

I know I am skipping out on mentioning so many of you (now maybe you understand a little bit of what I felt when starting this rant huh?), but maybe that's a good thing. You are being ignored, just like in your everyday life's. :)

Well...I guess I'll give up for now and just bide my time until the State Bowl Season draws near and I can jump onto the SoCal boards and start trolling those morons. For now...happy posting gents!

Last edited:
Wasn't that the year dls lost 1 or 2 games

No, DLS's only loss in '06 was in the SBG (the first one) -- they went into game undefeated and #1

Finished undefeated in '07

Lost a regular season game (DBP) and sbg in '08

Started '09 1-2 before winning out

Undefeated in '10

Lost to sta in '11

Undefeated in '12

Lost to SJB in sbg in '13

Undefeated in '14

Lost to trinity in '15

Lost to east and SJB last year

@mrbig864 You need to post here more often. It's just that simple. The occasional drive by doesn't work for me! Good stuff!

@DLSPop1314 You're missed around these parts too. I know we read each other on the National board, but you really need to stay true to your NorCal roots and stop by here more often. Always good debate with you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT