ADVERTISEMENT

Does the SJS Run the Table?

John Mellencamp

Sports Fanatic
Sep 15, 2017
Looking at the NorCal matchups looks like Calpreps has the Sac Joaquin section winning 4 of 5 games. Only one they have losing is Rio Linda, but I don't know if West Valley has seen anyone like Cam Skattebo. That guy is something different. I think they run the table and win all 5.

1AA Folsom vs Central (Folsom 42-28)

2AA Del Oro vs St Francis (Del Oro 21-17)

3A Capital vs Wilcox (Capital 31-24)

5AA Rio Linda vs West Valley (West Valley 31-28)

6AA Hilmar vs East Nic (Hilmar 31-28)

Only one they have losing is Rio Linda, but I don't know if West Valley has seen anyone like Cam Skattebo. That guy is something different.

Not only that, do we really know what kind of team WV is? They had a nice win over a good Sutter team last weekend -- although I gotta believe the field conditions had something to do with the low score (I plan to check out the game on demand) -- but they also have a 21 point loss to 1-9 Enterprise.

My initial feeling on the game is the same as yours. Not sure they'll be able to deal with Skattebo or speed RL has.

Looks like it’s up to the Bad Boys to complete the sweep. 7 teams in SBG’s for the SJS would be quite the accomplishment for the section.

It would be a nice accomplishment, but with the CCS in a down year and the NCS brass mismanagement only sending 3 teams (1 of which doesn’t even play in the regional, and neither of the other 2 are section champs) it is not totally unexpected.

Last edited:
And Del Oro (who Folsom smashed, running clock, game over in 1st quarter) has now beaten 2 teams DLS struggled with.

Don't forget who's better this time in the season.

Folsom.
Game over in 1st quarter? Don’t go exaggerating. Folsom clearly outplayed DO, but it was only 19-0 at halftime & contrary to most Folsom fans’ belief, Folsom starters played the entire game on offense & defense against DO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT