ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoff Predictions div 1 and 2

jduffy321

Rookie
Aug 8, 2023
Division 1 SJS prediction ( assuming MC, MT, Sheldon, win their respective leagues)

1) MC
16) Kennedy

8) Folsom
9) Laguna Creek

5) Weston Ranch
12) Grant

4) Lincoln Stockton
13) Pitman

3) Sheldon
14) Lodi

6) Inderkum
11) Oakridge

7) Franklin
10) Mountain House

2) Monterey trail
15) Edison Stockton

Division 2 Predictions (assuming Del oro, capital win league, Rocklin and Jesuit finish 2nd in their respective leagues)

1) Capital Christian
16) Golden Valley

8) burbank
9) West Park

5) Vanden
12) Patterson

4) Rocklin
13) Vacaville

3) Jesuit
14) Fairfield

6) St. Mary’s
11) Rio Americano

7) WoodCreek
10) Whitney

2) Del Oro
15) West (Tracy)

SFL winner goes D1
That’s not exactly true. The division guidelines state - a league champion must play (AT or ABOVE) league division.

Due to some of Del Oro losses, I don’t think they get to be a division 1 team. Although they could compete and do well. I see Folsom going division 1 (enrollment) and see Del Oro as being a very high seed D2.

That’s not exactly true. The division guidelines state - a league champion must play (AT or ABOVE) league division.

Due to some of Del Oro losses, I don’t think they get to be a division 1 team. Although they could compete and do well. I see Folsom going division 1 (enrollment) and see Del Oro as being a very high seed D2.
https://cifsjs1-my.sharepoint.com/:...4AfUBhEapb1eOtcqnHQQYsZpXyw?rtime=H3wL0rQj3Eg
Coach Fields knows what he’s talking about. Here are the SJS rules. “A league champion (outright or is the No. 1 seed by criteria) must play at or above the level of its league competition.” The SFL is a D1 league, so whoever ends up as the No. 1 seed from the SFL has to play in the D1 playoffs.

Reactions: CoachDViks
just trying to help share the knowledge... plus missing some of the play-in teams as well.
Yep, jduffy forgot about some D1 teams that are ranked low in MaxPreps, but will be automatic qualifiers because they finished in the top 3 of their league.

Interesting, I must have misinterpreted the rules. So Del Oro could win and go D1, Rocklin could go D2, and Folsom would go D1?

Question ~ if the CAL winner this year would have been Sac High, would that make Capital Christian D3? Assuming enrollment and not winning a D3 league? or because of the past success they play D2?

Folsom will be D1 no matter what because of enrollment. If either DO or Rocklin win the SFL they go to D1 and the other goes to D2. CC can’t play below D2 because of past success. Same with Vanden.

For what its worth, DO belongs in D2. They could make a nice run at that level. Def not a D1 team.

For what its worth, DO belongs in D2. They could make a nice run at that level. Def not a D1 team.
Even in D2 it would be a challenge for DO to beat teams like Jesuit, Cap Chr, St Marys, Vanden. In D1 I think DO wins in the first round, but would have to beat a very good team to make the semifinals. But anything is possible. When DO gets contributions from 5 or more players they're pretty damn good. But too often they only get it from two or 3 players on the same night.

For FUN... My predictions.

1) MC
16) Winner of 16/17 Pitman vs C.Oaks

8) Ranch
9) Folsom

5) Lincoln
12) Grant

4) Sheldon
13) Mountain House

3) M. Trail
14) Winner of 14/19 Lodi/Downey

6) Inderkum
11) Oak Ridge

7) Franklin EG
10) Laguna Creek

2)Rocklin
15) Winner of 15/18 Edison/Turlock

1) MC

8) Ranch
9) Folsom

5) Lincoln
12) Grant

4) Sheldon
13) Mountain House

3) M. Trail

6) Inderkum
11) Oak Ridge

7) Franklin EG
10) Laguna Creek

2)Rocklin
Does WR have a really bad SOS? I see them as a top 4 d1 team for sure but they are ranked low on everything.

Does WR have a really bad SOS? I see them as a top 4 d1 team for sure but they are ranked low on everything.

I would probably put them at #2 Unless they Beat MC feb 9th. then they would be the #1 seed. We are in the same league. WR had a SOS of 18.3 before league started. We had 14.7. But we both drop lower every win in league because of our league is so poor. it is the EXACT opposite of the SFL. They lose but they dont go down because they are in a tough league. In the past CIF has never taken into consideration LEAGUE SOS only head to head wins and I dont think WR has played anyone in our section to put a stamp on that case. THey got 1 shot though playing MC at the end of the year.

1) MC

8) Ranch
9) Folsom

5) Lincoln
12) Grant

4) Sheldon
13) Mountain House

3) M. Trail

6) Inderkum
11) Oak Ridge

7) Franklin EG
10) Laguna Creek

2)Rocklin
I like that too. But Rocklin goes d2 for not winning the SFL. Also, jesuit is not a d2 team if they end up winning the Delta, they would go into D1, based on the same SFL logic/ Del Oro

I like that too. But Rocklin goes d2 for not winning the SFL. Also, jesuit is not a d2 team if they end up winning the Delta, they would go into D1, based on the same SFL logic/ Del Oro

I have Rocklin holding on to win the SFL. as well as Sheldon winning the Delta.

If Jesuit wins out they would be tied with Sheldon and then a coin toss would decide if Jesuit goes d1 or d2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT