ADVERTISEMENT

EAST BAY - UNICORN BASKETBALL CAMP (Two Weekends)

ProlificPrepTV

Sports Fanatic
Oct 20, 2014
Flyer2019.jpg

*******EAST BAY PROLIFIC PREP SKILLS CAMP*********
(OCT 19 & 26TH)

Welcome to the 1st Annual, "East Bay Prolific PROLIFIC PREP Skills Camp". Come out for back to back weekends, October 19th & 26th and train with the Prolific Prep Crew. Currently, Prolific Prep is ranked top 5 in the nation, and possibly the top High School basketball program in the nation.

Sign Up: https://prolificprep.sportngin.com/...02.988098932.1569628069-1517090567.1568239664

Date: Saturday, October 19th, 2019 - $120
Saturday, October 26th, 2019 - $120

Times: 4 pm - 7 pm

Cost: $120 / One-Day Clinic
$200 / Two-Days Clinic (Both Saturdays)

Pictures/Autographs: Come get your picture and autograph with some potential future NBA stars.

*Prolific Prep will be practicing as a team from 1-3 pm at The Arc. Come watch the intensity of the team before the basketball camp.

AAU GAMES RUN EVERY WEEKEND! Take a break this October 26th weekend, and experience the intensity and beauty of some of the most gifted High School basketball players in the country.

Last edited:
Don’t jeopardize this kids eligibility by using him to sell your camp. You are walking a fine line. Put the kid’s future first, not the $120 for the promise of a autograph and training with the student athlete.

Really embarrassing move Prolific Prep.

Don’t jeopardize this kids eligibility by using him to sell your camp. You are walking a fine line. Put the kid’s future first, not the $120 for the promise of a autograph and training with the student athlete.

unless he doesn't plan on going to college and straight overseas...that seems to be the trend for more and more kids

Thanks and noted for some small changes. Zero NCAA Violations have been violated, but we appreciate you looking out for our guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coach_Case
what an exploitation...what kind of dog and pony show are you guys running up there?

what an exploitation...what kind of dog and pony show are you guys running up there?

Thank you for your concerns. But for those that have attended any of our camps know our level of quality. Your false statement about our organization has no facts about it. If you stop by and watch a practice or a camp session, you may change your mind

Thank you for your concerns. But for those that have attended any of our camps know our level of quality. Your false statement about our organization has no facts about it. If you stop by and watch a practice or a camp session, you may change your mind

I"m not suggesting your trainings aren't amazing. Im sure they are...what I was suggesting is pimping out a high school player (number 1 rated player in the USA and noticed you changed it) to get more kids in the gym using sentences like "potential NBA players". That's all I was suggesting.

What false statement did I make? That you're exploiting kids (heck even colleges can't do that!) for your camp or that I asked about your dog and pony show. I wonder (seriously) what the NCAA would say about you highlighting a high school player for a paid basketball camp. smdh

I"m not suggesting your trainings aren't amazing. Im sure they are...what I was suggesting is pimping out a high school player (number 1 rated player in the USA and noticed you changed it) to get more kids in the gym using sentences like "potential NBA players". That's all I was suggesting.

What false statement did I make? That you're exploiting kids (heck even colleges can't do that!) for your camp or that I asked about your dog and pony show. I wonder (seriously) what the NCAA would say about you highlighting a high school player for a paid basketball camp. smdh

Exactly my sentiments. Well said.

Exactly my sentiments. Well said.

http://kentuckymensbasketball.activesb.net/Home.htm

https://dukebasketballcamp.net/coach-k.php

It's not uncommon to program to utilize its players to promote its own program or camps. This is not against the rules or uncommon. When you build up a program or a business, you promote it with your strengths. That is called business marketing. We have phenomenal camps and look forward to those attending. Signs are very strong and our guys will be practicing before and with the camp.

http://kentuckymensbasketball.activesb.net/Home.htm

https://dukebasketballcamp.net/coach-k.php

It's not uncommon to program to utilize its players to promote its own program or camps. This is not against the rules or uncommon. When you build up a program or a business, you promote it with your strengths. That is called business marketing. We have phenomenal camps and look forward to those attending. Signs are very strong and our guys will be practicing before and with the camp.

It actually IS uncommon for universities to promote its own CURRENT players...it's against NCAA rules and regulations. Again, NOWHERE in these websites are CURRENT Duke or UK players (by name) mentioned in their camp offerings. YOU put out the kids name, marketing HIM which could be in VIOLATION of NCAA rules-especially if you make money (your business model) of that camp that marketed him.

They (duke and uk) have FORMER players that attend the camp but does it say current duke players by name? No, because just like with EA sports, you CANNOT market players in college-shit you can't even market likeness...Which is why you changed your whole schpeal from what it originally said to what it says now. Cause you know it was wrong or else why change it?

What prolific prep needs is someone who understands rules and regulations AND eligibility. Again, no matter how you spin it, you're pimping players for YOUR business marketing model...seems like all you care about.

The quality of your camps have never been in question.

I agree with DFAL. I think you should do some research. Like you said it’s “business marketing”... are you running a school or is prolific prep a business?

People have no idea the lane that Prolific has created in the BBALL world. The story will be told very soon with a project for the mainstream. Stay tuned. As a paraphrase from John Wooden, anyone can talk about someone's reputation and try and degrade it. But true character always reveals the truth at the end.

People have no idea the lane that Prolific has created in the BBALL world. The story will be told very soon with a project for the mainstream. Stay tuned. As a paraphrase from John Wooden, anyone can talk about someone's reputation and try and degrade it. But true character always reveals the truth at the end.

I was just questioning the ORIGINAL post, where the camp was highlighting a particular player, future NBA player, for the purposes of making money. My original take was colleges can't even do that and to be sure you're business isn't in violation with any NCAA laws. Thats all. the PP gets all defensive and trying to give examples of how this is legit (when it's not apples to apples) and actually made it worse.

you guys have created opportunities for MANY kids but the whole question of academies or schools such as yourself is the reason why CIF just announced that they are prohibiting any CIF school from playing against academies/prep schools.

Coach you have a lot of nerve jumping right in and making acquisitions on quality programs. With your past. Best to stay in your lane.

Coach you have a lot of nerve jumping right in and making acquisitions on quality programs. With your past. Best to stay in your lane.

“With your past.”

Haha, you know nothing about me. I’ve been volunteering as a youth coach for 8 years while doing my day job as a ordained pastor. My working hours are spent with dying people and their families at hospitals and performing memorial services.

“Stay in your lane”, what is this junior high?

Grow up.

Reactions: ClayK and dnambisan
“With your past.”

Haha, you know nothing about me. I’ve been volunteering as a youth coach for 8 years while doing my day job as a ordained pastor. My working hours are spent with dying people and their families at hospitals and performing memorial services.

“Stay in your lane”, what is this junior high?

Grow up.
Funny you come on here throwing stones guns blazing and can't take a punch. You heard me. Stop trying to tear others down and accuse successful programs given your past.

First of all go back and read what I’ve written. No stones were thrown or accusations made. I brought it up for the good of student athletes eligibility and from being exploited to make money. I’m not changing my stance. Deal with it.

This is the second time you’ve referred to me having some kind of past. If you have some sort of information on me go ahead and share it. I have nothing to hide. But be careful because I’m not going to accept you making up lies. Your passive aggressive cancel culture isn’t going to work here. Be a man.

Either you have a claim to share or throwing mud at the wall to see if it sticks. Anything to share?

Thank you Streak One. You are a good man.

I’ll share a little about myself. I’m 41. I grew up in the tri-valley. My Godfather Bronco Hinek hired me on to work with the 49ers in 1992. I worked as a assistant equipment manager for the Niners for almost seven years. I left in 1998 to take a job with the Oakland A’s in the visitors clubhouse. All that time I was a huge high school basketball fan. I enjoyed watching guys a few years older than me; Jason Kidd, Raymond Circus King, Drew Gooden, Shay Cotton, Mark Madson, Frank Alacco Jr. I grew going to watch one of my Dad’s best friends coach Berkeley High Girls, Coach Gene Nakamura. He’s been like a uncle my whole life and a coach and man that I have strives to emulate. In 2002 I moved to Los Angeles to attend Bible college. I graduated in 2006 and pastored at a few churches while teaching middle school. I moved back up to the Bay Area in 2010. Since then I have been pastoring and coaching middle school girls basketball. We have had a lot of success. I’ve also gotten involved with USA Basketball Youth Development as a regional coach. Last year I began helping out a boys AAU program called Nor Cal Wolfpack. I am about to begin my first try as a Head Varsity Coach at Berean Christian in Walnut Creek. I coach because I care about kids and want to give back to the game. I am thankful for all the kids I’ve had the chance to coach, several of whom are playing on varsity teams throughout the tri-valley. I’m proud of what we have accomplished and the memories I have. I’m excited to be a part of this forum and learn more from you all about all the great teams and student athletes around the Bay. My belief is that the future and well being of the student should always come first. I am FOR every kid brought up on these forums. Thank you guys for making this forum available. I hope to continue to be a part of it. And I hope trolls like SACfinest are few and far between.

Thank you Streak One. You are a good man.

I’ll share a little about myself. I’m 41. I grew up in the tri-valley. My Godfather Bronco Hinek hired me on to work with the 49ers in 1992. I worked as a assistant equipment manager for the Niners for almost seven years. I left in 1998 to take a job with the Oakland A’s in the visitors clubhouse. All that time I was a huge high school basketball fan. I enjoyed watching guys a few years older than me; Jason Kidd, Raymond Circus King, Drew Gooden, Shay Cotton, Mark Madson, Frank Alacco Jr. I grew going to watch one of my Dad’s best friends coach Berkeley High Girls, Coach Gene Nakamura. He’s been like a uncle my whole life and a coach and man that I have strives to emulate. In 2002 I moved to Los Angeles to attend Bible college. I graduated in 2006 and pastored at a few churches while teaching middle school. I moved back up to the Bay Area in 2010. Since then I have been pastoring and coaching middle school girls basketball. We have had a lot of success. I’ve also gotten involved with USA Basketball Youth Development as a regional coach. Last year I began helping out a boys AAU program called Nor Cal Wolfpack. I am about to begin my first try as a Head Varsity Coach at Berean Christian in Walnut Creek. I coach because I care about kids and want to give back to the game. I am thankful for all the kids I’ve had the chance to coach, several of whom are playing on varsity teams throughout the tri-valley. I’m proud of what we have accomplished and the memories I have. I’m excited to be a part of this forum and learn more from you all about all the great teams and student athletes around the Bay. My belief is that the future and well being of the student should always come first. I am FOR every kid brought up on these forums. Thank you guys for making this forum available. I hope to continue to be a part of it. And I hope trolls like SACfinest are few and far between.
Good to hear about your background, much appreciate the candor and appreciate how you are trying to give back to the community, plenty of us around who will be rooting for your to succeed going forward. Was pleasantly surprised to hear about your relation to Coach Gene, if I am not mistaken it is his son Wade who coaches at Presentation - it is wonderful to see how these coaching trees spread into the next generation as well. Another example would be the Mission San Jose Girls Varsity Coach Doug Sakamoto who has coached the team for well over a decade, he is the son of Coach Oscar Sakamoto who coached at Castro Valley for 30+ years back in the day. And lest I forget, our man Clay Kallam has been involved in this sport and giving back to the basketball community one way or another for well over 40(?) years.All of you people who give back make the world a better place, so ignore the occasional critics, and Thank you!

Thanks for sharing dnambisan! Wade is great coach and man like his Dad. It’s been really cool to see him create his own success. I have heard so many great things about Coach Doug Sakamoto. I wasn’t familiar of his legendary father. I’ll definitely spend some time searching for all I can on him. Thanks for the lead. Clay is a legend I am familiar with. I am excited to see how far they make it this year. It’s really exciting times at Miramonte. There is so much talent throughout the Bay, both players and coaches. The hunger for improvement is inspiring. Thanks for all your thoughts.

I didn't know about Doug's father, but Doug is an excellent coach -- and was also the driving force behind the NCS adoption of the Open Division. And thanks for the kind words ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT