ADVERTISEMENT

El Cerrito vs Mcclymonds

djgaucho

Sports Fanatic
Feb 11, 2013
Just saw on maxpreps where these teams are scheduled to play should be a good matchup with athletes all over the field.Wish these schools could have scheduled to play a fews ago when both were state contenders but nevertheless should be a good early season game for each school .. Does anyone know what happened to the former McClymonds Qb from San Ramon seems like he dropped off the radar....Who's coaching Mac these days?

Just saw on maxpreps where these teams are scheduled to play should be a good matchup with athletes all over the field.Wish these schools could have scheduled to play a fews ago when both were state contenders but nevertheless should be a good early season game for each school .. Does anyone know what happened to the former McClymonds Qb from San Ramon seems like he dropped off the radar....Who's coaching Mac these days?

The Danville QB you're referring to is Kevin Davidson. He de-committed from UC Davis a couple days before signing day and signed to play at Princeton.

So Mack is playing El Cerrito, SH Prep and Moreau Catholic... thats a hell of a preseason schedule!! Are they playing Piedmont again? No slouch there either. Way to step up and take on all comers!!

I think that is a hell of a schedule particularly since their league and playoffs are very weak .The game vs Moreau and Ec should be good games

Hsfan82 ....Kenny Kahn El Cerritos coach for the last 5 or 6 years stepped down this year to take a principal job in the school district. From what ive heard is that rather than bring in an outsider , the AD and prevoius head coach George Austin stepped in for this season and they will open up coaching search after 2016-17.

El Cerrito is absolutely loaded this year and they are opening up a new stadium this season so there is a lot of excitement around the program .

djgaucho, Did EC get some transfers in or something??? Their JV teams have not been that good the past few seasons and seem to lose talent to graduation. Not sure how they can be loaded. I do believe their mountain of a man at tackle is back though for his senior season. That boy is a beast!!!

I think that is a hell of a schedule particularly since their league and playoffs are very weak .The game vs Moreau and Ec should be good games
Agree somewhat, but there are slit of smaller schools in their league. Don't know what EC's enrollment is right now, but aren't they D3?

Fairmair,

EC's jv was pretty good last year but in general Ec moves their best players up to the varsity level regardless of age/grade rather than play at Jv level .Their Jv teams most years are all freshmen....the "mountain of a man" you mention has been starting on varsity since his freshman year he also has a younger brother who started on varsity last season also, their are a bunch of kids on EC this year who have been playing at the varsity level for 3 seasons now...and they have more young guys coming up from that Jv Squad....They are loaded ,they will be
As usual big, athletic, but they have some blazing fast guys ....."On paper"they should be top 3 in D3 along with Odowd and Analy....How's Sutter looking this year?

Last edited:
Fairmair,

EC's jv was pretty good last year but in general Ec moves their best players up to the varsity level regardless of age/grade rather than play at Jv level .Their Jv teams most years are all freshmen....the "mountain of a man" you mention has been starting on varsity since his freshman year he also has a younger brother who started on varsity last season also, their are a bunch of kids on EC this year who have been playing at the varsity level for 3 seasons now...and they have more young guys coming up from that Jv Squad....They are loaded ,they will be
As usual big, athletic, but they have some blazing fast guys ....."On paper"they should be top 3 in D3 along with Odowd and Analy....How's Sutter looking this year?

Marin Catholic will right there in D3 this year too

Miramonte in D3 as of now. Curious as to what Campo and Newman do. Newman should not stay in D4.

Analy returns Newman, but I'm curious about their line play this year, they could be down a little?

Miramonte in D3 as of now. Curious as to what Campo and Newman do. Newman should not stay in D4.

Analy returns Newman, but I'm curious about their line play this year, they could be down a little?
Wow. If MC, Cardinal Newman, and Mirramonte are all back in D3, it should be stacked. The winner of the division will likely be put in the new NCS Open division. D2 has consistently been weak, with the exception of 1 or 2 teams, and I don't think D1 will have 3 or 4 teams better than the top D3 team. It should be interesting.

Campo has been bumped up to D2 this year Miramonte normally opts up to D2 but will more than likely stay in D3 this year to avoid Campo in playoffs. Both Cardinal New and Marin Cath stayed in D4 last year but I wonder if both opt up this year to D3 if so D3 would be loaded this year.

Fairmair,

Sutter is loaded as well!! Should be right there in the mix again come playoffs. Lots of returners and a really strong Jr class. Good Luck to EC this year. Sutter had to step away from our annual week 0 game with the Gauchos. Palma was going to opt out of our game due to some realignment stuff and could only travel to Sutter week 0.

Campo has been bumped up to D2 this year Miramonte normally opts up to D2 but will more than likely stay in D3 this year to avoid Campo in playoffs. Both Cardinal New and Marin Cath stayed in D4 last year but I wonder if both opt up this year to D3 if so D3 would be loaded this year.

MC is D3 this year

You would think Newman would stay in D4 and be frontrunner there along with Moreau. I believe I heard Salesian also moving up to D4. This makes both D3 and D4 strong divisions for NCS, Campo should be favorite to win D2 with CVC moving up to D1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT