ADVERTISEMENT

Elk Grove School District

jstblev

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2002
Congrats to the girls basketball teams in Elk Grove school district great showing in the WCJ.

Monterey Trails - Ruby Champions
Cosumnes Oaks - Amber Champions
Elk Grove - Pearl Champions

Sheldon - 2-1 lost lost by 4 in Title game
Franklin - 2-1 lost by 4 in title game

Pleasant Grove - 2-1

Reactions: basketba11
That was extremely impressive, no doubt. And congrats, of course, to Antelope, which won a very tough bracket as well.

Thanks Clay...

The impressive part about the Elk Grove schools, they're within 3-5 miles from each other and that's not including Bradshaw Christian in the Elk Grove neighborhood. Girls basketball is strong and well in Elk Grove/Sacramento area.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is going on with Laguna Creek this year? When I think of Elk grove school district, I often think of and include Laguna Creek in this mix. They are 15-1 this season and are blowing teams out by 30, 40, and even 50 points? The varsity roster is 7 freshman and 4 seniors and have heard they have a FAB 5 Freshman group that starts and is really good. I don't think their schedule is very tough, but will they have a chance against Monterey Trail and McClatchy in the Metro League since Sac no longer there?

Looking at Laguna Creek's schedule it is a very light-weight schedule, with a MaxPreps SOS of "-0.4". That's a negative, not positive 0.4. Laguna Creek's only loss was a 25 point loss to Lathrop at a neutral site. Lathrop came in 3rd place in a lower division of last week's So. Cal Holiday Classic in San Diego. So Monday next week at 7 p.m. Laguna Creek will play at McClatchy in a league game. I expect a McClatchy blowout. But I do agree with you completely that with 7 freshman and 4 seniors and a 15-1 record, they are very intriguing and could be very strong in the next three years. I may have to go to Monday's game to check them out.

Reactions: basketba11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT