ADVERTISEMENT

Fight at Whitney HS after game vs Folsom

Prairie stadium is the worse venue in the SFL.
it’s the car max of fields. Just a big box with no warmth. Has nothing to do with the team. And the hoop gym is the same way. It’s a newer school. They built them all the same.

I hadn’t yet read your post above before replying previously, but clearly I agree. Although admittedly GB’s Grizzly Stadium kinda has the same empty feel to me.

In order I’d probably say, Del Oro, Rocklin, Oak Ridge, Whitney, Granite Bay, Folsom. Although nothing is wrong with any of them. Just a feel and atmosphere thing for me.

Folsom is ok. Imo, Del Oro, OR and Rocklin are much better in their league. The blue field was cool 10 years ago. The PA announcer is the main reason I stay away. Damn he is annoying.

Agreed on all fronts. I haven’t been out to Prairie City Stadium since the 2019 season, but my wife and I have always rolled our eyes at the announcer.

Most of the Elk Grove fields have that same cookie cutter feel to them for me also. Maybe it’s just the newness.
Folsom like I said is just meh. Seats are Far from field with big track and nothing unique.

I think Prairie City Stadium is merely ok. Not great, certainly not bad, but it just lacks a soul to me. It has an empty feel to it. Not sure I can explain beyond that.

And parking for big games is terrible. Having to park across Prairie City Rd in the Safeway parking lot really sucks.

Golden Eagle Stadium is pretty much the opposite on every front.

I know it’s not the safest area, but I always liked attending games at Grant Union during their hey day. Fun atmosphere and I never had problems with Pacers fans.

Clearly the venues up in Grass Valley, Colfax, and Auburn are quite fun, as it is apparently down in Oakdale, but I wasn’t including them as part of SAC metro area. They are a bit too far out.

I’d really have to think about it for a while to put together a list of the venues I enjoy most, but I already know DO would be somewhere near the top. As would Rocklin’s Thunder Stadium.

I can’t wait to check out West Park’s new stadium, as it looks pretty awesome from the picture I’ve seen.
Empty, my freshman year was the last year my alum SH faced SI in the old Kezar stadium. That was very odd. Huge stadium, about 3000 fans if that

Empty, my freshman year was the last year my alum SH faced SI in the old Kezar stadium. That was very odd. Huge stadium, about 3000 fans if that
The city has sure gone down hill and lost its luster. Sad, it used to be such a sports mecca

Cherry picking. Look at the city overall.
Yeah let’s look. A school in St Ignatius that has a endowment fund so large they could literally not collect tuition for the next four years and survive, versus a school who stays grinding at a 20k plus tuition. I mean imagine, one day they will all disappear and have to go to Galileo or Folsom

Honestly, I don't really pay much attention to stadium announcers, but I don't recall him being that annoying when MT played there at the beginning of the season. What's annoying to you?

And yes, the previous Folsom announcer with the slight Southern gentlemanly drawl was good.

Being on the headset up top or watching the game as fan and him giving play by play. Even as a fan I want to watch as a coach. I don't care for the "do we think school a is going to win this game, how many fans think school B is going to win 30 times a game. I want to watch the game not hear him talk all game. It's very annoying trying to coach up on the booth next to speakers and hear announcers talk all game over a loud PA system. It's annoying when I watching with coaches and can't have a conversation bc you struggle to talk over him all game. Maybe it's just me and I like to be in a bad mood lol?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT