ADVERTISEMENT

Final Crestwood(CAN) 54 Centennial 51

becoolpt55

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2017
San Jose
I just watched this game and now I see who the quitter is...
With the game on the line she couldn't even stand up and approach the
kids in the huddle...
She spent the whole game pouting...and let her assistant coach the team
20151117_Sunday_HS_Girls_Basketball_LE16_t653.jpg

It's easy to criticize the coach without knowing full context. Some may not believe it but these tournaments are to prepare girls for season to get to State and sounds like the coach was using a tactic to try to spark her girls. Her record speaks for itself. She is a great tough coach but I understand your thoughts

It's easy to criticize the coach without knowing full context. Some may not believe it but these tournaments are to prepare girls for season to get to State and sounds like the coach was using a tactic to try to spark her girls. Her record speaks for itself. She is a great tough coach but I understand your thoughts
exactly what i was saying... sometimes the coach wants the team to figure it out.

I have coached against Karen for 23 years and you will not meet a more competitive person. Sometimes a coach deploys different tactics in order to get through to his/her team.
Karen is one of the most successful HS coaches in the country and she knows what she is doing. She’s many great things...a quitter is not one of them.

I went back and looked at the Centennial vs New Hope video again....
Karen started the routine in that game also...
Thing is, the 71-70 loss to Mitty was the best game of the whole tournament...
So then she quits on her team....
If you don't see that, it's because you choose not to see it...

The parents and girls basketball players are lined up to play for her. Few if any are better in Nevada.

I went back and looked at the Centennial vs New Hope video again....
Karen started the routine in that game also...
Thing is, the 71-70 loss to Mitty was the best game of the whole tournament...
So then she quits on her team....
If you don't see that, it's because you choose not to see it...

This isn't a tit for tat thing, and everyone is entitled to their perspectives. As a Celtic fan in the 2007-2008 season, The Wizard Phil Jackson sat down and didn't stand up to the coach in the final game, and then the Celtics pulled away from the Lakers and closed them out. It didn't mean he quit on the team, but at some point, the players gotta figure it out. Coach Karen isn't a pro coach, but at the high school level, I give her that same level of respect. This is about getting the players where they need to be to have a successful season and hopefully get to State. That's how I see it. Whether or not someone agrees' or disagrees is a matter of perspective, and I respect that. I am not saying someone has to view the world through my lens, but I see it differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT