ADVERTISEMENT

Final records

Eastcountybball

Seasoned Veteran
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
Looking how teams finished the season.
Why do Castro Valley and Pittsburg have records that exceed 26 games? I thought that was the allowable limit.

You have it wrong 27 games. When BOD was disqualify they payed 27 but the count the scrimmage game the played against them because they took money at the door. So that made it a game.

You have it wrong 27 games. When BOD was disqualify they payed 27 but the count the scrimmage game the played against them because they took money at the door. So that made it a game.
26 games is the max for regular season, with 2 scrimmages and 1 Foundation Game. Castro Valley played 26 regular season games, the additional games are the WACC post season tournament. Additional post season games are allowed. I don't know how Pittsburg has 27 games, I think that is going to be a problem.

I saw this about the 27 Pitt games on another thread. I'm 99.9% sure it's a MaxPreps error. The Maxpreps schedule has Pitt playing two games on the same date, 12/23. I seriously doubt that happened.

Pitt's website only lists one game on that date... I tried to cross-reference by checking the schedules of both schools listed by MaxPreps as having played Pitt that day, but a search was not fruitful; hence my 99.9% instead of 100%. :)

The tournament that Pittsburg played in allowed all of the teams to play multiple games in a day. On 12/23 Pittsburg played Wooster HS in the morning, and Chicago Marshall HS in the afternoon. Wooster HS reported playing 2 games the day before on 12/22, Pittsburg played 2 games on 12/23, Chicago Marshall HS actually reports playing 3 games on 12/23. All of the schools in that bracket report the same results on their team websites. Not sure what Pittsburg reported as final record to the NCS on their application, but it certainly looks like they played too many games. Would be a shame for the kids on the team, especially the seniors, but BOD was not allowed in post season play for same offense.

The tournament that Pittsburg played in allowed all of the teams to play multiple games in a day. On 12/23 Pittsburg played Wooster HS in the morning, and Chicago Marshall HS in the afternoon. Wooster HS reported playing 2 games the day before on 12/22, Pittsburg played 2 games on 12/23, Chicago Marshall HS actually reports playing 3 games on 12/23. All of the schools in that bracket report the same results on their team websites. Not sure what Pittsburg reported as final record to the NCS on their application, but it certainly looks like they played too many games. Would be a shame for the kids on the team, especially the seniors, but BOD was not allowed in post season play for same offense.

And that is precisely why adults must referee against other adults whenever adults fail children. Those that denied BOD (children) were criminal in my mind. Why punish children who have no control over schedules? Why not punish the coach and the school instead? You could fine both the coach and the school. Or suspend the coach for a game or two. Anything but punish children for adult's mistakes. If adults with courage don't speak up, cowards will keep abusing their power. Only cowards bully, neglect , and punish children, when adults are the ones at fault. Whatever the case, let the children play. I'm here in defense of the kids. Like Tricky Daddy.... "Paytc loves the kids" (smile)

Paytc

Paytc
Great points but you forget the big one with BOD has rich history winning championships in girls basketball. They was hated on big time someone doesn't like them at all and took out on the kids that had nothing to do with it.

Where did you find any info on the Wooster games? Their website gave me no info at all; couldn't even find a schedule, let alone results. Google is usually reliable for me, but everything I tried led to nowhere.

Edit: I tried yet another angle on the search and hit gold. All the results of the entire Basic HS tournament.

Indeed, Pitt did play two games on 12/23... and as mentioned above, two teams actually played a third game, the tourney final.

Hmmmm.....

Last edited:
NCS checked it out, and the Wooster game was definitely a scrimmage. Pitt is all clear.

Perhaps so RespectBBGame........ All I know is some kids were denied some precious high school memories. I personally thought that was not right. And I think adults should be punished for adult actions, not children.

Last edited:
Reactions: RespectBBGame
Perhaps so RespectBBGame........ All I know is some kids were denied some precious high school memories. I personally think that was not right. And I think adults should be punished for adult actions, not children.
Coach and AD still at the school correct?

I think someone should accountable for their actions but not the kids or we will be talking about year after year!!!!!! BUT NOT THE KIDS!!!!!

You can scrimmage any time. In fact, some teams have saved scrimmages to use in case of a first-round bye in postseason.

Alumni games are often scrimmages as well, and many of them happen over Christmas.

No conspiracies here ...

Are you trying to get the teams disqualified? If that's not the case why are we talking about this, why do we care?? It was low down when BO was disqualified and its low down that Eastcountybball is trying to cause the same thing to happen to Castro Valley and Pittsburg.

Azanna, quite a leap from asking a question to actively trying to get a team disqualified. I asked a fact based question on both teams records based on Maxpreps data that they entered not me. I asked a simple question and got the answer for both situations. League playoffs for one and a scrimmage for the other.
Do you really think that NCS and Other sections take what is said in this board and determine policy?
If they do, they don't belong in their roles.

People think police agencies do great detective work when in reality they do most of their investigations through the dumb things people put on social media.

Just Sayin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT