Menlo-Atherton beat Sacramento 70-64
Del Oro beat Half Moon Bay 60-55
Jesuit beat Benicia 54-53
Oakland Tech beat Sacred Heart Cathedral 71-43

Division III

Santa Cruz beat Head Royce 61-47
West Park beat Enterprise 63-49
Carmel beat Venture Academy 76-58
Ygnacio Valley-Pleasant Valley (no score)
Valley Christian beat Piedmont 72-43
Bullard beat Central Catholic 53-43
SJM beat Christian Brothers 66-59
Justin-Siena beat Ripon Christian 59-44

Division IV

Santa Teresa beat Kerman 79-76
Palo Alto beat Ripon 60-58
Foothill beat Urban
Union Mine beat University Prep 66-61
Monterey beat Sierra 67-51
Lincoln-Gridley (no score)
Christopher beat Weed 60-55
Natomas beat Menlo 62-61

Division V

Mt. Shasta beat McKinleyville 60-49
Summit Shasta beat Durham 61-40
International beat Bradshaw Christian 50-49
Oakwood-Caruthers (no score)
Colusa beat Fortune 56-30
Futures beat Orland 78-65
San Domenico beat Lowell 57-38

Just saw the end of the Lincoln-Serra game...

Serra scored the last 9 points of the game to win by 2. Amazing stuff!

Jesuit 54
Benicia 53

Was at Jesuit and Benicia last night. Terrific HS basketball game and heartfelt loss from Benicia. Those kids brought everything with them and had a great fan base. I was very impressed.
Jesuit really didn't deserve to win this one but pulled out a miracle in the last few minutes. Jesuit was down 75% of that game and it was 48-39 in middle of 4th and Jesuit outscored Benicia 15-5 to end it. Ouch. Huge 3's by Kevin Haught and one final dagger by Cole Epperson to win it with 3 seconds left. Jesuit will have to play better to beat O Tech on road.

Lots of chatter on refs on the board. I would give that crew a B. Missed some stuff but overall kept the game under control and seemed to equal out the calls.

Great time of the year. Intriguing game for me is DO vs Menlo Atherton after MA big upset of sac hs.

I certainly didn’t have Menlo-Atherton pulling the upset on Sacramento
I didnt either. I was at the game and was disappointed in how sloppy, disorganized and impatient Sac High was. Menlo was the opposite and dominated the middle quarters. We left early in the 4th when they were up 15.

Reactions: ESPN Ken
I didnt either. I was at the game and was disappointed in how sloppy, disorganized and impatient Sac High was. Menlo was the opposite and dominated the middle quarters. We left early in the 4th when they were up 15.
I never underestimate M-A not with their coaching staff and the athletes they pull in - they may not be biggest but they'll always be well coached and have a few athletes and shooters to make things difficult.

Definitely a down year in Sacramento. Vanden is tough it’s unfortunate they had such a bad draw in the first round. A lot of young teams in thr SJS this year I expect a big bounce back.
I thought vanden game was a finals type between SRV. Just an awful first round game for Vanden. SRV might not see a better opponent until Socal. (and d1 in socal is absolutely insane. How about ND #7 seed and top 15 in nation)

Reactions: nobody209
That Granada vs Inderkum game was good. Inderkum was playing very bad the first half.
The big the Granada has was bullying Inderkum. I think the score was 32-18 at half time. Granada was up. 2nd half Inderkum went into a 1-3-1 defense and Granada didnt know what to do. Inderkum went up by one point. It was back and forth for a while. Granda big was in foul trouble but once he got back in. He took over and Granda took the lead back.

I thought vanden game was a finals type between SRV. Just an awful first round game for Vanden. SRV might not see a better opponent until Socal. (and d1 in socal is absolutely insane. How about ND #7 seed and top 15 in nation)
Mitty will be a formidable opponent should they meet in the semis.

University was an open candidate and couldnt get out the first round with the game at the crib???
University is a great example of how screwed up this system is. They should never be any higher than D2 and really are a D4 school. Even with that said the fact they played a very talented Monterey Trail team that close says a lot about them.

Yes, Mitty and SRV will be a great semi game.

Most puzzling game to me was Clovis West vs Dublin. What happened? I mean its a trip down to Frezzno but Dublin is a team that played DLS even 2x and just got boat raced by CW.

Reactions: CoachRandal
University is a great example of how screwed up this system is. They should never be any higher than D2 and really are a D4 school. Even with that said the fact they played a very talented Monterey Trail team that close says a lot about them.

Yes, Mitty and SRV will be a great semi game.

Most puzzling game to me was Clovis West vs Dublin. What happened? I mean its a trip down to Frezzno but Dublin is a team that played DLS even 2x and just got boat raced by CW.
Dublin played a lot of good teams close this year, but always seemed to come up short. They were within an eyelash of winning NCS D1 4 days ago. They should be very formidable next year as they only had 3 seniors this year, and Stokes & Anderson will be back.

Reactions: larry legend33
Just saw the end of the Lincoln-Serra game...

Serra scored the last 9 points of the game to win by 2. Amazing stuff!
Serra was down by 17 or 18 early in the third quarter. Padres managed a five-point play of sorts when Pettis made a 3 and was fouled. He missed the FT but Naber grabbed rebound and was fouled and made 2-2 from line. I think that gave them the lead.

Dublin played a lot of good teams close this year, but always seemed to come up short. They were within an eyelash of winning NCS D1 4 days ago. They should be very formidable next year as they only had 3 seniors this year, and Stokes & Anderson will be back.
dang stokes is coming back... swear he been in high school forever... he look like a grown man out there sometimes

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT