ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom DEFEATS DLS. First time DLS has lost TWICE IN A ROW to a NorCal opponent since the 1970s. Folsom starts NEW NORCAL STREAK!!!

Congrats to Folsom. That team since the 70s was the Salesian Chieftians (Pride now). The football powerhouse of the old CAL before DLS. Those ‘78-‘79 teams were led by all everything running back Eugene “Choo Choo” Young (Oregon) and Coach Dan “Shag” Shaughnessy (3-3 lifetime vs DLS @ Salesian).
Choo Choo was a school mate at Sheldon Elementary. Even though he lived "downtown," federally mandated busing brought those kids out to the El Sobrante Valley, including DeAnza.
Eugene also had a gifted singing voice.
Became close to several of those guys: Aldrich Reed and my favorite sax player, Lucky Levels.

Last edited:
BINGO. Publics rule out here.
I wouldn’t say that Public schools rule. Capital Christian, St. Mary’s, Central Catholic, Bradshaw Christian, and Modesto Christian have won a fair share of championships.

*Side note: If a school like Jesuit got ambitious, they would easily run the table in SJS. They’ve been gracious enough not to form a Super Team like SJB, Mater Dei…. And believe me, it could be done!

Reactions: bulldogmgc
I wouldn’t say that Public schools rule. Capital Christian, St. Mary’s, Central Catholic, Bradshaw Christian, and Modesto Christian have won a fair share of championships.

*Side note: If a school like Jesuit got ambitious, they would easily run the table in SJS. They’ve been gracious enough not to form a Super Team like SJB, Mater Dei…. And believe me, it could be done!
100% agree. School has deep pockets. Every time you go over there a new building /facility goes up. Can they just get lights!!! Don’t get me started.

Choo Choo was a school mate at Sheldon Elementary. Even though he lived "downtown," federally mandated busing brought those kids out to the El Sobrante Valley, including DeAnza.
Eugene also had a gifted singing voice.
Became close to several of those guys: Aldrich Reed and my favorite sax player, Lucky Levels.
We played an alumni baseball game my senior year at Salesian back in the day and Choo Choo was good at that too. Saw him and his brother several years ago at our annual golf tourney, and he looked the same as he did in the 70s. Choo Choo could have been the next Billy “White Shoes” Johnson if it weren’t for that knee injury at Oregon.

Reactions: 1315
100% agree. School has deep pockets. Every time you go over there a new building /facility goes up. Can they just get lights!!! Don’t get me started.
Indeed! I don’t think that the neighbors want to deal with the lights. But you’re right they’ve definitely added some nice new buildings/facilities.

Still a small amount of privates compared to the public powers. It isn't close right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT