ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom schedule 2020

Jfoyosoul

Superstar
Aug 21, 2015
So i hear folsom and dls again in 2020...which is great...is it a 2 year? hopefully this year or maybe next year folsom can actually beat them

I am hearing that folsom passed on centennial..i hope it is because of dls and not something else....i just hope folsom can start scheduling beyond dls..the only way to be taken seriously is to schedule more quality opponents

Anyone know when their official schedule is released?

It is my understanding that Folsom has scheduled Monterey Trail early in the season. I assume MT will be replacing one of the other SJS teams from Folsom's 2019 schedule (Jesuit or Antelope).

Did Folsom just swap out one Veer team for another by replacing Jesuit with Monterey Trail? Or is it possible that Folsom replaced Antelope with MT so that they see nothing but Veer teams in their run up to DLS? That would be seriously focused scheduling.

I recently read that, in addition to Folsom, DLS also scheduled Elk Grove and St. Mary’s.

Folsom and St. Mary’s aren’t anything new. But I am quite surprised to see EG on the slate.

Coach Heffernan must be expecting to field a pretty good team this Fall.

As for Folsom, it will indeed be interesting to see 3 veer teams lined up.

I recently read that, in addition to Folsom, DLS also scheduled Elk Grove and St. Mary’s.

Folsom and St. Mary’s aren’t anything new. But I am quite surprised to see EG on the slate.

Coach Heffernan must be expecting to field a pretty good team this Fall.

As for Folsom, it will indeed be interesting to see 3 veer teams lined up.
Hey TR, I'm hearing St. Mary's has Cardinal Newman back on the schedule again. Have you heard anything?

I am hearing that folsom passed on centennial..i hope it is because of dls and not something else....

This is Correct According to Cen10’s Twitter account.... The Tweet was posted several times on the National Board....

Someone Tweeted to Cen10 to make a game with Folsom happen.... Cen10 Responded with “We called Folsom but they want to only play Nor Cal Teams”....

It’s just too bad.... New Coaches, Same Fear of playing the #1 public in CA Cen10.... Heck, even Cen10 wants the game....

I am just completely Baffled by the Fact that PITT played Cen10 on the road 2 years in a row and Folsom hasn’t traveled down there once to play Cen10....

Maybe The Folsom Coach just doesn’t have any confidence in the Team.... I do find it interesting that Folsom Scheduled DLS later in the season this year.... Right after all the Sit out Period Transfers become eligible....

I think that is a smart move.... It will take everything Folsom can put together to beat this DLS team.... They will be even better then last year....

Reactions: aztecpadre
This is Correct According to Cen10’s Twitter account.... The Tweet was posted several times on the National Board....

Someone Tweeted to Cen10 to make a game with Folsom happen.... Cen10 Responded with “We called Folsom but they want to only play Nor Cal Teams”....

It’s just too bad.... New Coaches, Same Fear of playing the #1 public in CA Cen10.... Heck, even Cen10 wants the game....

I am just completely Baffled by the Fact that PITT played Cen10 on the road 2 years in a row and Folsom hasn’t traveled down there once to play Cen10....

Maybe The Folsom Coach just doesn’t have any confidence in the Team.... I do find it interesting that Folsom Scheduled DLS later in the season this year.... Right after all the Sit out Period Transfers become eligible....

I think that is a smart move.... It will take everything Folsom can put together to beat this DLS team.... They will be even better then last year....
The Elite Folsom Teams are done, Centennial would win by 40. Folsom will still be in dog fight for SFL title. Rumor is the new Bells coach in waiting wants to travel a bit.

The Elite Folsom Teams are done, Centennial would win by 40. Folsom will still be in dog fight for SFL title. Rumor is the new Bells coach in waiting wants to travel a bit.
Agreed 100%, Folsom will be competitive locally, but not statewide as it has been.

I think Folsom losing to MT in the semis last year was a turning point for the program. New coaches, new culture, and the loss of 4 high profile recruits (Hutton, Lynch,Ngata,badger). Patu is going to have a lot on his plate this year. I think Folsom will end the regular season with 2 maybe 3 losses. Not the same Folsom with Taylor and Richardson at the helm.

I think Folsom losing to MT in the semis last year was a turning point for the program. New coaches, new culture, and the loss of 4 high profile recruits (Hutton, Lynch,Ngata,badger). Patu is going to have a lot on his plate this year. I think Folsom will end the regular season with 2 maybe 3 losses. Not the same Folsom with Taylor and Richardson at the helm.

Agree 100%. They go into pre season as not the clear favorite to win SFL. (OR a slight notch above in my opinion). Patu is either going to go bonkers or be the most overly recruited player the area has seen. Not to often you hear about a backup (playing behind a d2 kid) getting the offers he’s getting. It’s one thing if you play at MD and you are playing behind 2 QB with 20 d1 offers. He may just go nuts. Who knows. Can’t figure that one out.

Reactions: THEOC89
Agree 100%. They go into pre season as not the clear favorite to win SFL. (OR a slight notch above in my opinion). Patu is either going to go bonkers or be the most overly recruited player the area has seen. Not to often you hear about a backup (playing behind a d2 kid) getting the offers he’s getting. It’s one thing if you play at MD and you are playing behind 2 QB with 20 d1 offers. He may just go nuts. Who knows. Can’t figure that one out.

Totally Agree with you on this.... You would think if Patu was this big time D1 Recruits like the offers he has say, he would have pushed the kid for more playing time last year....

In fact it went the other way... as the season went in Patu played even less.... Yet The OR QB had an outstanding year and I haven’t seen anything with that kid getting any big time offers....

It’s a real Head Scratcher.....

Totally Agree with you on this.... You would think if Patu was this big time D1 Recruits like the offers he has say, he would have pushed the kid for more playing time last year....

In fact it went the other way... as the season went in Patu played even less.... Yet The OR QB had an outstanding year and I haven’t seen anything with that kid getting any big time offers....

It’s a real Head Scratcher.....
It's part of the new recruiting game. If he has certain tangibles you offer early and see if he grows in to the position. He can't act on it until December and then you see if the offer is still real or "they've decided to go in a different direction"

Reactions: THEOC89
Folsom playing Corona Del Mar perhaps? They have some talent. That should be very competitive. I don't see Folsom slowing down at all. My guess is that they are every bit as good as last year.

In fact it went the other way... as the season went in Patu played even less.... Yet The OR QB had an outstanding year and I haven’t seen anything with that kid getting any big time offers.....

Speed kills....notice Patu got the ride at ASU, yet the guy who started over him did not.

Folsom playing Corona Del Mar perhaps? They have some talent. That should be very competitive. I don't see Folsom slowing down at all. My guess is that they are every bit as good as last year.

Playing Corona Del Mar next year would be a Folsom type of move.... CDM will take a HIGE step back next year losing their All World QB and Several D1 players who all grew up playing together....

Just the type of Competition Folsom likes to “Challenge” themselves with....

Folsom should be playing Cen10 but they declined the game this year opting to play “Teams From Nor Cal” instead according to Cen10’s Twitter Account....

So According to what Folsom told Cen10, there will be no game against any So Cal team for Folsom this year....

My guess is you are right... Folsom will be like last year.... Get Blasted by DLS and out early in the playoffs....

Speed kills....notice Patu got the ride at ASU, yet the guy who started over him did not.

Kids look good in 7 on 7 and Coaches make bad decisions.... Nothing to Back up his offers....

If he was a real D1 QB he would have beaten out the other kid last year instead he rode the pine and got less playing time as the season went on.... That meant the coaches didn’t trust him or believe in him....

If he was such a dynamic player he would have been on the Field and not on the bench....

The Folsom drop off is real... Give their new coach another 2 years and that place will be a dumpster fire....

If he was a real D1 QB he would have beaten out the other kid last year instead he rode the pine and got less playing time as the season went on.... That meant the coaches didn’t trust him or believe in him....

If he was such a dynamic player he would have been on the Field and not on the bench....

He's not as consistent as he needs to be yet. But he has the physical tools.

Makes you appreciate the Folsom guys from the 2017 and 2018 teams. Back to back state titles. One loss. They were pretty darned good.

I agree they were darn good but not Great.... Great teams don’t get shut out by DLS and get lucky to win the D1AA SBG....

But they had a great run of running up the score on a bunch of over matched Nor Cal teams with Northern Nevada’s best players... :)

I agree they were darn good but not Great.... Great teams don’t get shut out by DLS and get lucky to win the D1AA SBG....

But they had a great run of running up the score on a bunch of over matched Nor Cal teams with Northern Nevada’s best players... :)

Hey those kids were from all over - not just Reno. That team might have been the best team in NorCal history. At least they can make the argument.

Kids look good in 7 on 7 and Coaches make bad decisions.... Nothing to Back up his offers....

The Folsom drop off is real... Give their new coach another 2 years and that place will be a dumpster fire....

Your bitterness towards Folsom is really weird.

Reactions: Cal 14

You think DLS staff could have taken Folsom roster another level up? Or is the level of athletes that much different?

I think Folsom's 1's have been better athletes than DLS for at least the last two years. Particularly at the skill positions. Depth and coaching is where DLS has been able to make up the difference.

Hey those kids were from all over - not just Reno. That team might have been the best team in NorCal history. At least they can make the argument.

So you get Shut out by DLS and Are Tied 14-14 in Regulation with San Diego’s best team and somehow you are considered one of the best teams in Nor Cal History???

That so Called “Great Offense” could only put up 14 points in 8 quarters against the 2 best teams they played all year...

I would say that overall Nor Cal was down that year and I would call Folsom Overrated....

You think DLS staff could have taken Folsom roster another level up? Or is the level of athletes that much different?

Absolutely!!!.... If DLS had the Nagata Brothers, Badger, the Reno QB, they would have won the Open....

Folsom’s coaching doesn't know how to beat open level teams because they don’t play them regularly like DLS does... Folsom is too busy scheduling lower level teams to protect their record and statistics....

Your bitterness towards Folsom is really weird.

I just don’t respect teams that inflate their stats and record by running up the score on teams they are much better then....

How about Folsom up by 30+ points against Central with less the 2 min left.... Instead of taking a Knee and kicking a FG so you can win 80-40, you punch it in the end zone from 2 yards out so you can with 84-40 or whatever the score was....

Somehow PITT has managed to Travel to Cen10 in Back to Back years, but the Best Folsom can do is a 4 win Chaminade team so they can hang 70 on them... Because that looks good in the “Polls”....

Embarrassing overmatched HS kids to set records and stroke your “Ranking” Ego is Classless....

I am not Bitter.... I just think of Folsom as what they are... A Classless program that is afraid to schedule the top teams in CA to protect their rankings....

I am just “Keeping it Real”....:)

I just don’t respect teams that inflate their stats and record by running up the score on teams they are much better then....

How about Folsom up by 30+ points against Central with less the 2 min left.... Instead of taking a Knee and kicking a FG so you can win 80-40, you punch it in the end zone from 2 yards out so you can with 84-40 or whatever the score was....

Somehow PITT has managed to Travel to Cen10 in Back to Back years, but the Best Folsom can do is a 4 win Chaminade team so they can hang 70 on them... Because that looks good in the “Polls”....

Embarrassing overmatched HS kids to set records and stroke your “Ranking” Ego is Classless....

I am not Bitter.... I just think of Folsom as what they are... A Classless program that is afraid to schedule the top teams in CA to protect their rankings....

Saying “I am not bitter” doesn’t make you sound any less bitter. Whatever, keep rooting on a bunch of teenagers to lose games if that’s what makes you happy!

Reactions: Cal 14 and mrbig864

Orrrrrrrrrrr...

you could just take the high road and stop shitting on the program every chance you get.

Reactions: SpeedCity51
Orrrrrrrrrrr...

you could just take the high road and stop shitting on the program every chance you get.
Taking the high road is why we have teams calling themselves state champs that aren’t anywhere worthy. Dude is isn’t making anything up here. Folsom has gone out of their way to avoid playing quality competition. To quote take the high road is just condoning This type of behavior, and tarnishes true champions. We allow loser to advance in playoffs, 500 teams to call themselves state champs. It is just a bad look period for Ca. HS football, and there is nothing wrong with calling that out.

Reactions: THEOC89 and WWHS44
Taking the high road is why we have teams calling themselves state champs that aren’t anywhere worthy. Dude is isn’t making anything up here. Folsom has gone out of their way to avoid playing quality competition. To quote take the high road is just condoning This type of behavior, and tarnishes true champions. We allow loser to advance in playoffs, 500 teams to call themselves state champs. It is just a bad look period for Ca. HS football, and there is nothing wrong with calling that out.

Voicing an opinion that they disapprove of a team is one thing.

What OC89 does is next level. Every opportunity, he writes a dissertation on Folsom's weak schedule, "false" state championships, ducking teams, etc. Ok, we freakin' get it. We got it 27 months ago.

Get over it already!

While we're at it, they schools are not calling themselves "state champs". The CIF is calling them state champs. As such, it doesn't really matter what you think. Those aren't your titles to withhold.

Further, what do either of you think will result in this bitching and moaning? Do you really think that Folsom or the CIF will suddenly change because two whiners keep yapping on a message board?

Taking the high road isn't condoning anything. It's just not acting like a 30-year old woman who can't get over getting dumped on the night of the prom. It's acting like an adult. You two are adults, right? Or maybe that isn't right. Can't tell.

Reactions: SpeedCity51
Voicing an opinion that they disapprove of a team is one thing.

What OC89 does is next level. Every opportunity, he writes a dissertation on Folsom's weak schedule, "false" state championships, ducking teams, etc. Ok, we freakin' get it. We got it 27 months ago.

Get over it already!

While we're at it, they schools are not calling themselves "state champs". The CIF is calling them state champs. As such, it doesn't really matter what you think. Those aren't your titles to withhold.

Further, what do either of you think will result in this bitching and moaning? Do you really think that Folsom or the CIF will suddenly change because two whiners keep yapping on a message board?

Taking the high road isn't condoning anything. It's just not acting like a 30-year old woman who can't get over getting dumped on the night of the prom. It's acting like an adult. You two are adults, right? Or maybe that isn't right. Can't tell.

Maybe he repeats it because people defend it so it’s clearly not sinking in. In terms of adults? Adults don’t hide behind some PC BS because they can’t handle a message, opinion, or reality.

One point you may be missing is, after the 30 or 40 posts you have replied in the same manner. You have taken this position for the last few years and it is tedious and boring
.People are hoping for you to add something new to the dialogue. I know you can do it.

Here's wishing you great football

It’s not a terrible thing to have teams advance far in the playoffs that took some losses early. That’s the point of scheduling a tough non-conference. Great programs get better as the year goes on. El Camino went to the state Championship. At the end of the regular season they beat an Oceanside team that took Corona Del Mar down to the wire in SoCal Championship. I feel like that’s a case of rewarding a tough schedule and they still had to win their way there. I do think it starts to look bad when you have a 3500 student Milpitas or 2400 student South Torrance in the lower tier divisions clearly meant for smaller schools.

Maybe he repeats it because people defend it so it’s clearly not sinking in. In terms of adults? Adults don’t hide behind some PC BS because they can’t handle a message, opinion, or reality.

The coach is gone and the program clearly looks like it is taking a step back; what difference, exactly, does it make if whining about a prior regime “sinks in”? HC is gone, players that starred for those teams are largely gone, so what is the point of these hissy fits?

The coach is gone and the program clearly looks like it is taking a step back; what difference, exactly, does it make if whining about a prior regime “sinks in”? HC is gone, players that starred for those teams are largely gone, so what is the point of these hissy fits?

No good at all. Kids are wearing those rings. Trophy sitting at the school. Leterman's jackets say back to back champs. Kids playing D1 and NFL ball. Whipped every team in their league repeatedly. Kids that played in the program wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Teammates friends forever. Lotta love between the coaches and players alike. No matter how much complaining takes place, the kids on those teams know it was just a great experience. Just a lot of pride all the way around. And the more complaining that takes place, the more the pride grows. They feed off the hate. They been doing it for a long time. Turned it into motivation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT