ADVERTISEMENT

Former Sacred Heart Cathedral / CCSF / UC Davis Josh Fox signs to play professionally in England

SF_Mikey

Sports Fanatic
Feb 16, 2016
Caught this on my twitter feed from CCSF -- https://t.co/FHqpohvwO7

The SHC team with Fox, Johns, Pratt, et al. was one of my favorite high school teams of all-time. Good to see Josh battle through injury and three stops in college and get signed by a team in England.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Taylor Johns is playing professionally at Eastern Europe..does anyone know why he parted ways with UC Riverside. You are right, this was a great team, my personal favorite was Pratt, who was undersized but you couldn't tell by the way he played.

I hadn't realized that Johns was kicked off the team until you brought it up.... Seems out of character for him as my interactions, albeit limited, were always pleasant and he seemed like a really good kid.

Kicked off? He played all 4 years at UCR. Sounds like graduation.

I hadn't realized that Johns was kicked off the team until you brought it up.... Seems out of character for him as my interactions, albeit limited, were always pleasant and he seemed like a really good kid.

he graduated as their all time blocks/rebound leader I believe. Congrats to Josh, great player even better young man

Thats too bad. I remember his senior year vs St Francis, the game was tied with the clock ticking down and he was driving on the wing and 7 footer Hewitt just stepped aside and Johns dunked to end the game.

Pretty cool he is the UCR's all time leading shot blocker and hes only 6'6.

Those were great teams. I loved how 6"4-6'5 forwards just dominated bigger players. This guys all played way above the rim. I recall that was a crushing loss in the state champ game against Alemany. That was one of the best games I've seen.

Those were great teams. I loved how 6"4-6'5 forwards just dominated bigger players. This guys all played way above the rim. I recall that was a crushing loss in the state champ game against Alemany. That was one of the best games I've seen.

Josh Fox was coming off injury for that tournament run and I vaguely recall that Johns got into some foul trouble which hurt SHC big-time in the championship game. Bishop Alemany had a really good combo guard / wing - Marqueze Coleman - who went on to a solid career at the University of Nevada averaging over 15 points his senior season for the Wolfpack.

Josh Fox was coming off injury for that tournament run and I vaguely recall that Johns got into some foul trouble which hurt SHC big-time in the championship game. Bishop Alemany had a really good combo guard / wing - Marqueze Coleman - who went on to a solid career at the University of Nevada averaging over 15 points his senior season for the Wolfpack.

SHC couldve arguably had 3 boys state titles instead of 1. This one got away. One key moment was Johns had a tip-in, I believe with less than a minute in the game that looked like it just kept bouncing and bouncing but just didnt drop. I think either that wouldve put the Irish up 1 or tied the game. The other take away was Coleman was just unstoppable in the 2nd half and pretty much the only Alemany offense was let Coleman take the ball up and drive to the basket. Refs either called a foul or he got to the rim for 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT