ADVERTISEMENT

Game Scores

Kimball 63 Oakdale 56 Final
Kimball interception on 2 yard line. That Kimball QB is one of the best passers I've seen this year. That kid can really throw the ball.
One of the wildest games I've ever watched, to be sure.

And yes, that Kimball QB has a cannon attached to his right shoulder! Accurate, too!

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Rocklin will be the only team that gives Folsom some comp on the sfl. They will be able to match size and physicality.

Not sure if this team is as good as the one they could have fielded last Fall or the one from Spring, but they are pretty good.

They’ve got a fairly mobile 6’5 QB with a nice arm and a 6’3 WR and some fairly large and strong lineman.

Bobby Piland is a freaking boulder. Can’t move him, but he can surely displace others.

Actually, this is wrong. SHP-Atherton was hosted by Hillsdale-San Mateo tonight in a good game where Prep got shafted.

Prep had the ball inside the 10 with about 0:08 to play when they ran a boot pass that fell incomplete...however the clock stopped and restarted twice after the ball hit the ground securing the win for the Fighting Knights. Refs gathered at midfield and at one point it seemed that one of the referees told the Hillsdale sideline to hold off on the party but the Hillsdale coaching staff wisely lined up the troops for some post game "good games" and the zebra in the white cap decided it was in his best interest to let the shit slide and beat traffic.

Actually, this is wrong. SHP-Atherton was hosted by Hillsdale-San Mateo tonight in a good game where Prep got shafted.

Prep had the ball inside the 10 with about 0:08 to play when they ran a boot pass that fell incomplete...however the clock stopped and restarted twice after the ball hit the ground securing the win for the Fighting Knights. Refs gathered at midfield and at one point it seemed that one of the referees told the Hillsdale sideline to hold off on the party but the Hillsdale coaching staff wisely lined up the troops for some post game "good games" and the zebra in the white cap decided it was in his best interest to let the shit slide and beat traffic.

I can pretty much confirm your story

Had a Margarita tonight watching some prep football to celebrate 20 years on this board as of tomorrow. Cal14 is a few months earlier, and FBAddict not far away from 20 on this board. Time flies. I'm sure there are some other old timers I am missing.
Holy cow. I didn't even realize it's been 20 years.

Had a Margarita tonight watching some prep football to celebrate 20 years on this board as of tomorrow. Cal14 is a few months earlier, and FBAddict not far away from 20 on this board. Time flies. I'm sure there are some other old timers I am missing.
That’s awesome norcalsportsfan. Thanks for all the reports and news over the past 2 decades.

Not sure if this team is as good as the one they could have fielded last Fall or the one from Spring, but they are pretty good.

They’ve got a fairly mobile 6’5 QB with a nice arm and a 6’3 WR and some fairly large and strong lineman.

Bobby Piland is a freaking boulder. Can’t move him, but he can surely displace others
Agree TR. but you will likely have a team riding a hot 10 game winning streak going into that game and like you said they have some man child’s in the teaches. Bobby Piland is a beast.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Congrats to 20 years TODAY. Lots of amazing high school football in that time. Possibly you were like me, I was a NorCalPreps forum observer for several years before I opened an account to make comments. In fact, I think I first saw your posts on that old MBPreps forum (forget exact name, now defunct, focusing on Monterey Bay area preps.) It was at a time I was trying to get a good read on Palma for a playoff game with Valley Christian in the late 90's. I thinks that's when I stumbled upon this forum as well as it existed at that time.

Congrats to 20 years TODAY. Lots of amazing high school football in that time. Possibly you were like me, I was a NorCalPreps forum observer for several years before I opened an account to make comments. In fact, I think I first saw your posts on that old MBPreps forum (forget exact name, now defunct, focusing on Monterey Bay area preps.) It was at a time I was trying to get a good read on Palma for a playoff game with Valley Christian in the late 90's. I thinks that's when I stumbled upon this forum as well as it existed at that time.
Sorta like buying the cow because it was worth investing instead of getting the milk for free, eh?
Glad you guys "enlisted". Enjoy & respect your POV's. Happy anniversary now and to come.

I honestly believe that if Las Lomas had more players and didn’t wear down in Q4 they would have beaten SRV and spoiled their homecoming

Thank you! You have an anniversary coming up soon. Mbaypreps is still a site but only posts scores and rosters now. The owner was my brothers next door neighbor at one time. I was a member of Studentsports.com and Calhisports and another site. Trying to remember how I joined this site. Was active in earlier years working at combines and camps and writing on occasion some scouting and game previews. I remember you way back on here and the early 2000s had some great games with Palma and VC. I think this my second longest hobby outside of being a drummer. Great to get to know you in person at some great games.

Yes, in the early days, we were all usually associated with particular schools, now it seems more section and beyond. I was the Los Gatos representative, along with Muddenguts.
Did you ever meet Muddenguts? His posts were one of the reasons I got hooked on this site. Do miss his contributions.
Hope he is somewhere still pokin' the donkey just for a reaction, LOL.

Or if they had scored from the 1 yard line on a 4th and 1 in the 3rd quarter!
Good point. Speaking of that drive LL had a third and goal inside the five yard line and SRV got either a personal foul or an unsportsmanlike conduct and they penalized half the distance to the goal with no automatic first down. This confused me? In SRV defense they probably could have scored again at end if need be. They were moving the ball at will at that point. SRV dad told me that Antioch last week only had about 28 players.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
Vanden 21 - Rancho Cotate 14. RC is coming back strong from an early 21-7 game deficit.

Bubba- The only automatic first downs in high school football are roughing the kicker, snapper, holder or passer. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Good point. Speaking of that drive LL had a third and goal inside the five yard line and SRV got either a personal foul or an unsportsmanlike conduct and they penalized half the distance to the goal with no automatic first down. This confused me? In SRV defense they probably could have scored again at end if need be. They were moving the ball at will at that point. SRV dad told me that Antioch last week only had about 28 players.
Bubba- The only automatic first downs in high school football are roughing the kicker, snapper, holder or passer. Hope that helps.
Not that I didn’t believe you but I checked with my nephew who’s an official for CCS and he confirmed you are 100% correct. He says coaches are forever bitching about defensive pass interference not being an automatic first down and uncatchable passes don’t exist in HS either.

Reactions: Prepwisdom
RC pulls ahead for the first time in the game 31-28 3 minutes left in game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT