ADVERTISEMENT

Gerhart joins 1,000 point club

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
San Ramon Valley senior Paige Gerhart surpassed 1,000 career points after scoring 26 in the 62-36 win over Clayton Valley Charter

Reactions: Coach_Case
Still unsigned. Some D1 coaches are going to figure it out this year I am sure.

She's a very good player and is the engine that makes them roll. That said, I hope she finds a place to play at the next level. Who the hell cares if it's D1 or not. As long as a program wants her and she'll get to play minutes as a freshman...thats what matters.

I'd much rather get run at a D2 than sit my first two years at a D1...it's all about the college experience IMHO

She's a very good player and is the engine that makes them roll. That said, I hope she finds a place to play at the next level. Who the hell cares if it's D1 or not. As long as a program wants her and she'll get to play minutes as a freshman...thats what matters.

I'd much rather get run at a D2 than sit my first two years at a D1...it's all about the college experience IMHO

Paige is also a very good student and student body president. Which D2 programs offer a strong enough mix for her qualifications athletically, academically, and personally? No idea of the options out there.

As for D3, not only is there no financial assistance, but the level of play is in my opinion equivalent to second tier high school ball. Except for a handful of schools, D3 would be a step down for her.

It depends on the D3 program, I think. Schools like Puget Sound and Washington out of St. Louis play at a very high level, and they can find ways to lessen the financial burden.

The same is true at D2 -- some D2 programs are very strong, and others are just afterthoughts in the school's athletic program.

And then there are the D1 Ivy League schools and D3 schools like Emory, Carnegie Mellon, NYU, U of Chicago, etc. Basketball can help you gain admission, and financial aid can make up for whatever your parents may not be able to contribute. You'll get the chance to lead on the court, get a great education, and there's no athletic scholarship around your neck to compromise the social and educational experience.

Of course some girls *want* to live the basketball life in college. But for those who don't, playing on a full scholarship may not be as great as it's made out to be. Just sayin.

Paige is also a very good student and student body president. Which D2 programs offer a strong enough mix for her qualifications athletically, academically, and personally? No idea of the options out there.

As for D3, not only is there no financial assistance, but the level of play is in my opinion equivalent to second tier high school ball. Except for a handful of schools, D3 would be a step down for her.

for instance, the schools that play in Claremont/Oxy schools award financial aid based on need. So if your family makes less than a certain number, tuition and room and board is covered. not a bad deal. Even if you come out only paying 10k a year, that's better than paying full tuition and room and board at CA public schools.

Gerhart had 8 against Newman today in the championship game

Third game in three days, traveling almost two hours each way every day. And she played all 32 minutes. I think that she (and the whole SRVHS team) looked pretty tired.

I wouldn’t think she played 32 minutes in their 79-30 win Thursday or 76-42 win Friday. She’s a good player who was defended tonight. Maybe we should go with that instead of looking for excuses

Last edited:
Reactions: Norcal_Fan
I wouldn’t think she played 32 minutes in their 79-30 win Thursday or 76-42 win Friday. She’s a good player who was defended tonight. Maybe we should go with that instead of looking for excuses

Maybe you should stick to saying what you observed rather than trolling people for stating their observations.

Gerhart had 8 against Newman today in the championship game

Winetot, you could have posted on the tourney thread that CN played great D against SRV in the finals to win the championship, but instead chose to post a negative on Paige’s thread dedicated to her 4 years of high level hoops. I normally appreciate your posts but this one was uncalled for.

Winetot, you could have posted on the tourney thread that CN played great D against SRV in the finals to win the championship, but instead chose to post a negative on Paige’s thread dedicated to her 4 years of high level hoops. I normally appreciate your posts but this one was uncalled for.
I would agree that it could/should have been on the tourney thread. I did not say she was a bad player. I said she scored 8 points against Cardinal Newman. San Ramon Valley is a good team, needs to get a little tougher(IMO). They matched up well against CN. Obviously, they do not have a player of Choice’s caliber but have a team that will have a lot of success. They went into the game yesterday not thinking they could win. That mentality should be different.

Reactions: observer22
I would agree that it could/should have been on the tourney thread. I did not say she was a bad player. I said she scored 8 points against Cardinal Newman. San Ramon Valley is a good team, needs to get a little tougher(IMO). They matched up well against CN. Obviously, they do not have a player of Choice’s caliber but have a team that will have a lot of success. They went into the game yesterday not thinking they could win. That mentality should be different.

Being a coward is generally trumped by being a liar. Own it and move on is what I tell my 16 and 19 year old boys when they aren’t honest with us.
So let’s start with the truth . Winetot said “ she played 32 minutes and scored 8 points? That’s awesome.”. Sarcasm. Criticism.
Don’t be a coward and don’t be dishonest. Own it Winetot and move on. That’s the advice I give to children. ( that’s definitely criticism and sarcasm. I’ll own it) .
And how do you know the teams state of mind? They came out firing and were up in the first two
Minutes. That doesn’t look like a team feeling inferior.
Message to all of us who post on these sites, put the kids ahead of your own egos, partisanship and personal feelings. Then if you cross the line and do something childish and stupid, own it and move on.

Reactions: personalogic
Being a coward is generally trumped by being a liar. Own it and move on is what I tell my 16 and 19 year old boys when they aren’t honest with us.
So let’s start with the truth . Winetot said “ she played 32 minutes and scored 8 points? That’s awesome.”. Sarcasm. Criticism.
Don’t be a coward and don’t be dishonest. Own it Winetot and move on. That’s the advice I give to children. ( that’s definitely criticism and sarcasm. I’ll own it) .
And how do you know the teams state of mind? They came out firing and were up in the first two
Minutes. That doesn’t look like a team feeling inferior.
Message to all of us who post on these sites, put the kids ahead of your own egos, partisanship and personal feelings. Then if you cross the line and do something childish and stupid, own it and move on.
Sarcasm not criticism. That’s honest and I agree with you... In no way am I a coward and that comment was edited because it was less than productive. I feel as though I did own it by saying it should have been on the other thread. I’m assuming you are a parent, I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

Guys, let it go. Paige Gerhart is a wonderful player to watch, and every one of them has a not-so-good game once in a while, whether someone defends them well or; well, they are just having an off night. No harm in saying she got defended well, or that she was tired and just didn't have the legs; doesn't take anything away from what she has achieved, and as long as we are not dissing a young kid all is cool. I didn't read much into winetot's observation's to be honest, didn't see that as being disrespectful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT