ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley Tournament Announes 2016 Field!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
14692087_1194425610626847_6790747460062733619_o.jpg

Looks pretty great if ya ask me... I don't see that date anywhere, but I'd assume it's the same weekend as the DLS tournament, Dec. 8-10.

A long running, competitive and best in class run tournament every year.

That field is loaded! You have a couple potential state champ caliber teams in that field. (Salesian, Capital, and jury still out on how good Woodcreek will be but when you have a future 1st rounder anything can happen)

That field is loaded! You have a couple potential state champ caliber teams in that field. (Salesian, Capital, and jury still out on how good Woodcreek will be but when you have a future 1st rounder anything can happen)
How is the jury still out on Woodcreek? They return everyone from a very solid team last year including Brown. They are a stone lock to be very very good.

Best environment for a preseason tournament that I have been too. Doesn't hurt that the basketball is pretty darn good too.

Could have the top three teams in NorCal in the field

Agreed on great environment here, second only to Modesto Christian Holiday Hoops in my opinion for Norcal preseason tourneys.

Gridley atmosphere Friday night > any other NorCal event

The dates are December 8th-9th-10th
I will post the Brackets close to last week of November.
This will be one of our best fields ever.
I saw Woodcreek this summer without Jordan Brown, and they were very strong.
Here's wishing you great hoops

Absolutely agree on the Friday Night atmosphere at Gridley. After all, name any other preseason HS hoops tournament that has a Tournament Queen ceremony!

When I've done my DLS/Gridley/Jesuit "World Tour" the last few years, I've always made sure Friday was up in Gridley.

This year, I just might turn that "World Tour" into three days in Gridley.

@heat, all of their returning guards are back and they have a really nice transfer from Chico. They will be a top 5 team in NorCal this year. The jury is not out on woodcreek.

An outstanding field for sure. Would love to see it. Won't be making the drive though. (Florida problems).

Bones40: My guess is that the brackets won't be set up until a couple weeks before the tournament.

Can somebody please post the brackets?

Here's the scoop on the brackets. We have to take into consideration the final rosters, so we wait for the final rosters to be sent in. Some teams have not finalized them.
Another variable is taking in consideration teams requests for late games. Our goal is to have the best match-up possible, while trying to accommodate everyone's travel needs.
The longer we wait, hopefully, the better match-ups we will have.
Should be last week of November.

Here's wishing you great hoops

I respectfully disagree. The kid that left out of state was a knockdown shooter

@Heat, I needed to do some research about the kid in question. I thought u were referring to one of there returning varsity guards from last year (Ty, Jackson) who are both returning. They have also added a really nice guard from Chico named Dellis. The guard that you are referring to is gone, and from what I have been told by his actual coaches both at Woodcreek and his AAU coaches have said that while he can shoot the ball, he has a terrible attitude and isn't coachable. I have heard that his leaving Woodcreek was addition by subtraction and that was a quote. I didn't know him or ever seen him play, so I will take your word that he was a good shooter. The coaches I have spoken to agreed that he could shoot as well.

Brackets please people need to practice that sick call into the job
for those 3 days.

Brackets please people need to practice that sick call into the job
for those 3 days.

Hi Bones, please read my post above. I do the best I can with what I have to work with.
I can tell you this, the first game is Thursday at 4 P.M.
Hopefully I will have them out by this Sunday.

Here's wishing you great hoops.

Thanks Marcskit that's helps a lot least I can work a half day Thursday then head up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT